ADVERTISEMENT

McCarthy Not Sure he is the Answer for the Dallas Cowboys

Just let glad I got Antonio Gibson on my fantasy team . Rivera will turn Washington around . They will never be dominant but he will build a winning team

Reactions: Crazy Cock 89
McCarthy was the recipient of having Favre and Rodgers in GB. They alone were responsible for GB being 10-6 many years when they only had talent to be 5-11. I'm glad as a Panther fan Rhule was hired instead of him....

Would have been nice for the ole great football God Jurray Jones to have noticed Matt Rhule over in Waco and offered him the job. Meanwhile we will just keep sucking in the NFC East!

Reactions: Crazy Cock 89
McCarthy was the recipient of having Favre and Rodgers in GB. They alone were responsible for GB being 10-6 many years when they only had talent to be 5-11. I'm glad as a Panther fan Rhule was hired instead of him....

Me too . I was very skeptical of Rhule but he’s done a fantastic job . The record may not indicate it but he’s building a winner there . To play as well as they have without CMAC all year is amazing and the young defense is coming along great . Burns , Brown and Chin are all gonna be pro bowlers . Hopefully now that the QB position is pretty stable they will use those draft picks on a shutdown corner and a decent MLB . I think their Future is pretty bright .

Would have been nice for the ole great football God Jurray Jones to have noticed Matt Rhule over in Waco and offered him the job. Meanwhile we will just keep sucking in the NFC East!

Jerry runs Dudes like that off....
Tom Landry
Jimmy Johnson
Bill Parcels

McCarthy is another Jason Garrett yes man hence, Dallas stays in neutral or occasionally loses in the first round of the playoffs.

See Raiders post Al Davis.

Jerry Jones should just declare himself head coach and save the millions he pays McCarthy. We would get to see what a true CEO head coach could do.

As a person who lives in Frisco, let me tell you two things

1. He does not have the team yet.
2. They will not fire him after this year
3. But if he does not win division next year, he is out.

I'm a Dallas fan, along with Carolina. The beginning of the end happened in February, 1994 and i firmly believe that. I was in college for that time period and I know what i saw then - i.e. I'm old enough to barely remember the late 70s teams but i was in elementary school during the futility of losing 3 straight NFC title games in the early 80s. I remember watching the SF game specifically with my dad...I remember losing to the redskins the next year when Danny White got hurt. .I also remember the VINDICATION of the 1992 NFC title game when Aikman hit Alvin Harper on that slant that went for 75 yards....the joy of dismantling them the following year and the disgust of the 3 first quarter turnovers in the '94 title game at Candlestick. Get my drift?

Until Jerry sells the team, they won't do anything - you can print that, tweet that, Face book it or whatever. That's the truth. As far as yesterday goes - that was an embarrassing display of decision making. That's all. I don't know what else to say to be honest.

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
No matter the billions he has made, Jerry wants to be recognized as a football man. Longs for folks to see him, and his son, as front office guru's. That is why Jimmy Johnson left. And Jerry has earned that right with the money he has made. On the business side, he is great. The Cowboys are one of the 2, or 3, top sports franchises in the world. But imagine what it would be worth if they had actually had any success over the last couple decades. But it is his toy. Has the right to do what he wants. But it truly doesn't matter who coaches the team.

I enjoyed yesterday's game.
I feel for Cowboys fans, but get rid of your friggin' owner.

ADVERTISEMENT