ADVERTISEMENT

McClueless needs to go...

Did camp say anything in his presser about Tyson or the running game?

braves-mets1985-backmanyell2-screengrab-ftrjpg_1uppoxhw0u4qr1a2b0qe2kbvl1.jpg

If Spurrier Jr. Were coaching our butter fingers he'd have been raked over the coals this year by fans and fan sites.
For some reason McClendon gets a pass to have what "experts" claim is a deep and talented group of WR's and digress.

He's young and will get better and need better execution and better players and we executed better in 2nd half and got within three and break here and there and Jake settled in and defense was gassed and got some injuries and scar clearly a stated he DID not feel like playing today.....confusing?

Did camp say anything in his presser about Tyson or the running game?

Watched it.

Muschamp “We had some success early. They stacked the box against us. We knew the way they played that we would have some chances on the outside. We won those battles off the ball but just did not finish the play.”

Translation: yes we ran the ball well early. That does not mean we need to stick to it or even with the same running back. However we thought we could throw the deep ball. We tried it and sometimes we couldn’t throw it well and when we did we dropped it.

It seems it was a colossal waist of time working on the high powered, fast pace offense we were supposed to have coming out of pre-season camp when we evidently don't have the personnel to run such an offense. That's the only reason I can think of for abandoning it. Now it appears we're left staggering through the season with no identify at all because the coaches blew it.

Reactions: 92Pony and Brace1
Likely prediction for the next few seasons: we continue to struggle this season, maybe we won 6 or 7, but as this is only year 3 for champ, nothing happens. Next year we will again struggle because of our lack of an offense. Champ will get some pressure and make some coaching changes. However, he will find that after being a head coach for 9 years and never once producing a decent offense,, top offensive coaches don't want to work for him. He will take a chance on a few guys who coach at low levels. If he's lucky, he sticks around for at least years six and seven. If not, the pressure will mount and he's done after five.

Champ will not do what he should do. Either he’s too dumb or too stubborn. But this is Brad Scott, Darrin Horn redux. Actually, it’s Champ at UF recycled. Those with eyes can see. Those who wear their garnet on their sleeves will defend till their last breath. We have at least 2.5 more years of Champ and Tanner. I assume the UT attendance will be pretty low and the Chas attendance may set the wrong type of record. Hillbilly Tanner will muddle around with absolutely no clue what to do.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Some of you guys predicting 2.5 more years of Muschamp are kidding yourselves. He'll have exactly 1 more year if this turns into a losing season and we experience another embarrassing loss to Clemson. I guarantee you that.

Some of you guys predicting 2.5 more years of Muschamp are kidding yourselves. He'll have exactly 1 more year if this turns into a losing season and we experience another embarrassing loss to Clemson. I guarantee you that.
That would require one Raymond Tanner making a smart decision, which in effect means he admits to making the wrong hire. What planet do you live on?

When people realize SC is a 8-4 team at best in their good years.

Florida and Tenn. has finally made good hires and will out recruit SC..
Georgia and Clemson will get the best overall talent in the 150 mile radius of SC campus.
Accept it or continue to be frustrated if you expect more.

Roper dont look so bad now ... 9-3 last year with Roper.... 6-6 at best this year with a Junior QB and Junior /Sr. receivers

Last edited:

If that happens, say hello to the next coach at USC. I guarantee you that.

iu

Reactions: Brace1
When people realize SC is a 8-4 team at best in their good years.

Florida and Tenn. has finally made good hires and will out recruit SC..
Georgia and Clemson will get the best overall talent in the 150 mile radius of SC campus.
Accept it or continue to be frustrated if you expect more.

Roper dont look so bad now ... 9-3 last year with Roper.... 6-6 at best this year with a Junior QB and Junior /Sr. receivers

Roper was bad. His understudy is worse. Neither would be an OC at any other school in this league. 9-3 because we played a lot of terrible teams. They are getting better and we are stuck in the muschamp mud hole

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2

iu

Doubt this ever happens. Too similar to Muschamp hire though he will have at least went to USF and done decent if still a candidate. If I’m Louisville, I’m hiring him again after firing Petrino. If I’m Georgia Tech I’m hiring him after firing Paul Johnson. But can’t see us going this route. Our next HC will be an offensive-minded coach.

Not to mention, I believe Tanner is tied to Muschamp. I doubt Tanner is hiring the next football coach, especially with a new President and the current state of our programs and fan’s frustration.

For some reason I’m still holding out hope that things will work out with Muschamp. Deep down I know better.

Roper was bad. His understudy is worse. Neither would be an OC at any other school in this league. 9-3 because we played a lot of terrible teams. They are getting better and we are stuck in the muschamp mud hole

Still think Roper was worse. I have more confidence in this offense (some, not a lot)z. We had some games where we absolutely couldn’t do anything under Roper. But this offense still isn’t different enough than it was under Roper. I think some of that is having a defensive minded / conservative head coach.

Doubt this ever happens. Too similar to Muschamp hire though he will have at least went to USF and done decent if still a candidate. If I’m Louisville, I’m hiring him again after firing Petrino. If I’m Georgia Tech I’m hiring him after firing Paul Johnson. But can’t see us going this route. Our next HC will be an offensive-minded coach.

Not to mention, I believe Tanner is tied to Muschamp. I doubt Tanner is hiring the next football coach, especially with a new President and the current state of our programs and fan’s frustration.

For some reason I’m still holding out hope that things will work out with Muschamp. Deep down I know better.

Charlie Strong will be the next head coach, IF there is a change in the near future. I'm not debating the merits. I'm telling you what will happen.

Clemson help us out? LOL! They'd rather lay down and give the game away.

Reactions: Tiger71
The underlying stats and trends are actually more positive than you would think. We’re top 60 in points, total yards, yards per play, and third down conversion percentage. And that’s playing 3 games against some of the better defenses so far this year. We haven’t looked this good on offense since 2014, even with all the bad throws and terrible drops.

The problem is, the offense is either driving and scoring or going three and out. There isn’t middle ground, and combined with playing very fast, the time of possesision is way out of whack. We were objectively worse on offense last year, but had better time of possession balance. We’re also turning the ball over more and generating less turnovers.

I wouldn’t give up on Bmac. I think his philosophy is closer to modern ideas than Roper. Roper was DOA, but there is something here with BMac.

Champ will not do what he should do. Either he’s too dumb or too stubborn. But this is Brad Scott, Darrin Horn redux. Actually, it’s Champ at UF recycled. Those with eyes can see. Those who wear their garnet on their sleeves will defend till their last breath. We have at least 2.5 more years of Champ and Tanner. I assume the UT attendance will be pretty low and the Chas attendance may set the wrong type of record. Hillbilly Tanner will muddle around with absolutely no clue what to do.

Everyone understands this poster is a tater, right?

Reactions: NetworkX and PC31
The underlying stats and trends are actually more positive than you would think. We’re top 60 in points, total yards, yards per play, and third down conversion percentage. And that’s playing 3 games against some of the better defenses so far this year. We haven’t looked this good on offense since 2014, even with all the bad throws and terrible drops.

The problem is, the offense is either driving and scoring or going three and out. There isn’t middle ground, and combined with playing very fast, the time of possesision is way out of whack. We were objectively worse on offense last year, but had better time of possession balance. We’re also turning the ball over more and generating less turnovers.

I wouldn’t give up on Bmac. I think his philosophy is closer to modern ideas than Roper. Roper was DOA, but there is something here with BMac.
Yeah we are definitely living life on the other side of the turnover margin this year.

Not here. Not at the University of South Carolina.

iu

f4713444-e13f-45e8-9063-d2d684407bd4_text_hi.gif

McClendon was a Mike Bobo understudy.

A big reason for the difference between last season and this season is the fact that last season we finished tied for 13th in turnover margin @ +11 (28 take aways vs 17 giveaways).

Thus far for 2018, we're tied for 106th............ Maybe the quality of opponents has a lot to do with that, but either way, turnovers kept us in games last year and have crippled us in games this year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT