ADVERTISEMENT

McCreary in the portal now

gamecokpride

Jul 12, 2007
This has been HORRIFICALLY poorly handled by Tanner.
Martin should be gone to begin with.
But to not even publicly indicate his return as coach or not only compounds things.
Players leaving, and no one is gonna commit, portal or otherwise, especially when they won't announce info on the coaching status.
Tanner placing himself, and Martin, in a no win scenario.

This has been HORRIFICALLY poorly handled by Tanner.
Martin should be gone to begin with.
But to not even publicly indicate his return as coach or not only compounds things.
Players leaving, and no one is gonna commit, portal or otherwise, especially when they won't announce info on the coaching status.
Tanner placing himself, and Martin, in a no win scenario.
Not a big fan of Tanner but this is clearly being handle above Tanner's head. Not sure we can blame this one on Tanner.

Agree. I think powers above Tanner are in control of the things and Tanner is little more than the official mouthpiece. Tanner has watched this team play for years. It shouldn't take him three weeks to decide if he thinks the program is going in the right direction. Nobody really wants Frank back. In fact, I don't think Frank wants to come back. But he would be lucky to get hired at a D1 school. And surely nobody will pay him 3 mil a year. So it is an argument amongst the power brokers as to whether they pay Frank off, or keep him and just accept the mediocrity. My guess is that he stays. USC has a lot of tolerance for mediocre play on the field, or court.

McCreary, Hannibal, and Moss in the portal. Bryant testing NBA waters. Lawson has flirted with NBA the last two seasons, so I wonder about him this year...

McCreay hurts
Hannibal hurts less
Moss best of luck
We have been struggling for direction, especially the last two years, this year hurt worse with our defense fundamentally being broken.

Always remember we lost to a cowboy hat

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT