ADVERTISEMENT

Mcllwain wins MVP of elite 11 regional or something.

He can't do that. He's only a 3 star according to Rivals so there's no way he can do that...or did they change the meaning of the word "Elite"?

McIlwain won MVP of the Semifinal Elite 11 competition held in California at Southern Cal's campus. He earned an invite as one of the final 12 prospects to compete in the Elite 11 Finals as part of The Opening Finals July 5-11 at Nike World Headquarters in Beaverton, Ore. McIlwain was one of 30 top 2016 QB prospects that competed in Cali, including:

Rivals #1 Dual-threat and overall #2 prospect Shea Patterson (5* - Ole Miss),
Rivals #1 Pro-style and overall #4 Jacob Eason (5* - UGA),
Rivals #2 Dual-threat and overall #15 Malik Henry (5* - FSU),
Rivals #2 Pro-style and overall #27 K.J. Costello (4* - Stanford),
Rivals #3 Pro-style and overall #72 Austin Kendall (4* - Okla.)
Rivals #4 Pro-style and overall #83 Dwayne Haskins (4* - MD)
Rivals #3 Dual-threat and overall #94 Feleipe Franks (4* - LSU)
Rivals #4 Dual-threat and overall #96 Jarrett Guarantano (4* - Tenn.)

Pretty much all the other top pro-style and dual-threat QBs were at this competition, as it's the one for the top QB prospects to earn their way to the highly popular The Opening competition sponsored by Nike and ESPN. And our little ole Brandon McIlwain is rated a 3* dual-threat and overall the 22nd-best dual-threat QB in his class by Rivals? According to the people who ran this semifinal competition, McIlwain showed he was clearly the class of the group the minute he stepped off of the plane.

Well, I guess I'll have to toss Rivals into the wastebasket along with Scout and ESPN for "quality" (lol) prospect evaluations from here on out, sad to say. Looks like only 247sports tries to give credible evals these days.....

Conway, it seemed to escape some that it was this site that dropped Brandon. I'm with you when it comes to solid evals...TOS all the way.

Reactions: Tigerof66
Conway, it seemed to escape some that it was this site that dropped Brandon. I'm with you when it comes to solid evals...TOS all the way.

This specific site did not but rather the network this site belongs to. I can assure you our insiders do not agree with Rivals' three star evaluation of him. In their eyes he is clearly a four star.

Nope, Rivals said he is a 3*. They can't be wrong.

Just more proof people put waaaayyyyyy too much weight on the difference between 3 and 4 star ratings by these sites. It has gotten really stupid. It is all just a money grab- a retail trick to get people to come to the site so advertisers will buy ads and the real suckers will buy SUBSCRIPTIONS! LMAO

I paid for a subscription here a couple months, but a I realized pretty quick that the info can all be gotten other places for free win minutes of it being posted here.. The only thing you get is access to another forum really... And I can barely stand the BS on this one any more! Why in the world would anybody want to pay for more?

We won't know what kind of a player Brandon is for years, but I am damn proud to have him on our side!

Reactions: Tigerof66
McIlwain won MVP of the Semifinal Elite 11 competition held in California at Southern Cal's campus. He earned an invite as one of the final 12 prospects to compete in the Elite 11 Finals as part of The Opening Finals July 5-11 at Nike World Headquarters in Beaverton, Ore. McIlwain was one of 30 top 2016 QB prospects that competed in Cali, including:

Rivals #1 Dual-threat and overall #2 prospect Shea Patterson (5* - Ole Miss),
Rivals #1 Pro-style and overall #4 Jacob Eason (5* - UGA),
Rivals #2 Dual-threat and overall #15 Malik Henry (5* - FSU),
Rivals #2 Pro-style and overall #27 K.J. Costello (4* - Stanford),
Rivals #3 Pro-style and overall #72 Austin Kendall (4* - Okla.)
Rivals #4 Pro-style and overall #83 Dwayne Haskins (4* - MD)
Rivals #3 Dual-threat and overall #94 Feleipe Franks (4* - LSU)
Rivals #4 Dual-threat and overall #96 Jarrett Guarantano (4* - Tenn.)

Pretty much all the other top pro-style and dual-threat QBs were at this competition, as it's the one for the top QB prospects to earn their way to the highly popular The Opening competition sponsored by Nike and ESPN. And our little ole Brandon McIlwain is rated a 3* dual-threat and overall the 22nd-best dual-threat QB in his class by Rivals? According to the people who ran this semifinal competition, McIlwain showed he was clearly the class of the group the minute he stepped off of the plane.

Well, I guess I'll have to toss Rivals into the wastebasket along with Scout and ESPN for "quality" (lol) prospect evaluations from here on out, sad to say. Looks like only 247sports tries to give credible evals these days.....
So they invite 12 guys to the "Elite 11" camp in Beaverton OR. Is that the new math?

Let's hope he stays a 3*. We don't have great history with 4* QB's from PA. Sorry Connor Mitch, but until you prove it on the field, this will be true.

lol, now I KNOW there's no moderation on this site anymore, you posted a link to a competing site that scooped this one, and hours later it still hasn't been deleted?

I thought the same thing as soon as I saw that!!!

lol, now I KNOW there's no moderation on this site anymore, you posted a link to a competing site that scooped this one, and hours later it still hasn't been deleted?

I didn't know it was gonna a poo-storm. I was just linking their story because it was free. Why would our Mods pretend that TOS doesn't exest and delete everything from their? TOS's rankings get as much cred as Rivals nationally.
BTW, I don't agree with one or the other because they rate a USC player higher like some obviously do. I don't put much stock in any of them!

Let's hope he stays a 3*. We don't have great history with 4* QB's from PA. Sorry Connor Mitch, but until you prove it on the field, this will be true.

Committing to a school and signing are two different things. it will be interesting to see if we can hang on to him. A lot of schools will come calling him since he won the award.

Everything I have heard is he wants us as much as we want him. Supposed to be a very positive voice for Carolina and other recruits.

Guess old Steve Taneyhill just didn't work out.

img_134-slideshow_main-prod_affiliate-74.jpg

Just cant let us have some good news can ya? Lets see if you say the same thing to Dabo and his next 3 ,4,5 star recruit they get.
No! NO sunshine pumping on my watch! Off season achievements don't matter. Star rankings don't matter. Results is what matters. Screw Clemson, I don't care who they recruit or what their fans say. I am DONE celebrating recruits. What is funny is that you expect fans to spin the same argument the opposite wayjust because it's the the mascot of the enemy. This has got NOTHING to do with Dablow, so let's not start acting like Dablow because this commit of our did well in some camp.

I am already seeing headline comparing him to some Super Bowl Champ. I am guessing Russell Wilson? Seriously? Already? Come on now. This is not doing him any favors.

Last edited:
Reactions: CaliCock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT