ADVERTISEMENT

MEGA props to coach Hoke...

Bigger_Stronger_Faster

Aug 6, 2011
he watched his defense struggle through the 1st half but dissected UK's offense and altered his gameplan to come back in the 2nd half shutting down UK's offense and giving our inefficient offense a chance to make a comeback.

I hate the term "coach in waiting", but whenever Spurrier decides to walk away I hope there's a way we can can hold on to this dude. He really has a knack for getting the best out of the hand he's been dealt. And I imagine it will only get better if he's around long enough to recruit the type players he's used to coaching.

he watched his defense struggle through the 1st half but dissected UK's offense and altered his gameplan to come back in the 2nd half shutting down UK's offense and giving our inefficient offense a chance to make a comeback.

I hate the term "coach in waiting", but whenever Spurrier decides to walk away I hope there's a way we can can hold on to this dude. He really has a knack for getting the best out of the hand he's been dealt. And I imagine it will only get better if he's around long enough to recruit the type players he's used to coaching.
Yeah that may be true but it was reported that Spurrier had to go him and tell him to disguise his coverage because they were becoming to predictable.

It's pretty well known that Hoke is a simple defense guy. Put the guys in position and let them make a play using skill and fundamentals. He's made the D better... but not good enough in the first half.

Chubb is going to kill us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT