ADVERTISEMENT

Memphis will be the toughest non-conference game we play thus far. They have lost

Freddie.B.Cocky

Jul 19, 2002
a total of three games but one was to OU and one to Ole Miss which are two good teams and Tex-Arlington- I don't know anything about Tex-Arlington.

But, I didn't realize four of our first six SEC games are on the road, now that is a tall order. If we come out of non-conference play 13-0 and come out of those first six SEC games 4-2; we would have positioned ourselves very well for the remainder of the season, imo.

Last edited:
Reactions: gamecockblack
Man it is great to see some depth on the bench! I like this team. I like the leadership and the young talent. I really look forward to conference play. It should be a fun ride.
I agree w/ your assessment FB, I would hate to see us drop two but that will be a tough stretch of games.

Reactions: gamecockblack
That game at Auburn scares the hell out of me. They've got one or two guys that can really score, and while Bruce Pearl is a jackass, he is a flamboyant, energetic jackass. That's really our first true road game, and if we're not at the top of our game and Pearl gets the crowd going... it could be a rough night. Then if we drop the next one to Vandy, we're in a quick 0-2 hole with a rough schedule immediately in front of us.

Those first two games are crucial. Win both, or even split, and I think we'll be in good shape.

That game at Auburn scares the hell out of me. They've got one or two guys that can really score, and while Bruce Pearl is a jackass, he is a flamboyant, energetic jackass. That's really our first true road game, and if we're not at the top of our game and Pearl gets the crowd going... it could be a rough night. Then if we drop the next one to Vandy, we're in a quick 0-2 hole with a rough schedule immediately in front of us.

Those first two games are crucial. Win both, or even split, and I think we'll be in good shape.
He is, but he's a damn good coach.

I can't stand Bruce Pearl but he can flat out coach. That game scares the heck out of me, too. In fact, didn't Pearl steal a game from us last year?

Not only are 4 of the first 6 on the road, but if you look at the schedule, a ton of our weekend home games are during the day. Night games are more rowdy after a big crowd heads over to the Vista for a few! I remember the days of Odom that year when were on a winning spree. The CLA can get jumping when there is a big crowd there and I think we are about to see that again for the first time in a long time!

Why are we scheduled 4 of 6 on the road in mob and about the same in football. No respect from the league office
Actually may be better, the committee seems to put a lot of stock in how teams finish. We will have more home games to finish

I can't stand Bruce Pearl but he can flat out coach. That game scares the heck out of me, too. In fact, didn't Pearl steal a game from us last year?
They did indeed. We led late, but the crowd got on top of us and the officials and we lost. Outplayed them for the majority of the game, but couldn't hold on for the last minute or two.

The nice thing is, Bruce Pearl is setting them up to fail when he inevitably leaves for a bigger job (or, more likely, for cheating). His squad is built on transfers. As soon as he leaves, the entire program will collapse within two years.

If we can't win them both I would much rather beat Auburn, get us off to a good start in conference play as well as beating that lying cheating SOB and the lying cheating school he works for

If this team stays healthy I believe we'll be in good shape. Auburn looks good & Georgia spanked the taters yesterday. They look solid as well. I believe we'll finish higher than 7th place in the SEC this season as long as we continue to play team ball & tough defense.

Reactions: whythis28
We have a lot of Saturday home games in MBB this year; I'd rather them be at night, but there aren't that many weekend night games in basketball. I had nothing to drink before the game last night and St. John's wants no part of the CHLH anymore! :D

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT