ADVERTISEMENT

Mens Basketball roster currently

From what I see it looks like since the last update we have only added a guard from Coastal Carolina… A fifth year senior guard, 6’6”, Ebrima Dibba

Decent numbers I suppose but they don’t really jump off the stat sheet at you either

Bryant certainly has great potential but for whatever reason never got really all that better here and I would are you here maybe even regressed.

That said, I still would take him on this roster

Dude we are going to set records for being the worst basketball team ever. Think football 98-99. We went 1-21.
Johnny, we did play basketball before you were born🤣

Think McGuire’s first year. Or Fogler’s?……..& fwiw, I’ve tried to remove the Fig yrs from my data base brain😆

From what I see it looks like since the last update we have only added a guard from Coastal Carolina… A fifth year senior guard, 6’6”, Ebrima Dibba

Decent numbers I suppose but they don’t really jump off the stat sheet at you either

The most recent pickup for South Carolina is a commitment from Benjamin Bosmans-Verdonk (6-8 235) that is transferring from Illinois Fighting Illini. From what I read, South Carolina has only two more spots left to fill the roster.

We’re going to be very bad next year. It was clear the guys in that locker room were extremely loyal to Frank. So much so that practically no one came back.

We literally are trying to assemble a team through the portal. To be fair to Paris, this year really won’t tell us anything about his ability to coach at this level. It’ll at least take 2-3 years and I will give him that time. I still think it was a bad hire and the timing of the firing of Martin/hiring of Paris was even worse. Despite that I hope he succeeds and I’m wrong.

We really won’t know anything about this team until they hit the floor. Both of the freshman are long. Don’t know how good they are but they have size for their positions. The people that left really weren’t game changers with the exception of Couisnard and he didn’t give it to us consistently. So, I don’t understand all the hand wringing for guys that gave us 7-8 points per game. With that said, it will be important how Paris fills these last two scholarships. We need at least one go to guy who can consistently get you buckets.

Last edited:
We really won’t know anything about this team until they hit the floor. Both of the freshman are long. Don’t know how good they are but they have size for their positions. The people that left really weren’t game changers with the exception of Couisnard and he didn’t give it to us consistently. So, I don’t understand all the hand wringing for guys that gave us 7-8 points per game. With that said, it will be important how Paris fills these last two scholarships. We need at least one go to guy who can consistently get you buckets.
Like to see Bryce Lindsay recommit to South Carolina.

I wish the schools official website would update the roster as it changes
Yeah, I would like to know if the site is accurate about Coach Scott Greenawalt still being the Strength and Conditioning coach at South Carolina or has he been replaced.

To be fair to Paris, this year really won’t tell us anything about his ability to coach at this level. It’ll at least take 2-3 years and I will give him that time. Despite that I hope he succeeds and I’m wrong.
You maybe be correct, gcben1979. But I think it’ll tell a lot about his ability to coach. We’ll see how he puts it all together in tough times, how the team looks on the floor - will they improve as time goes by, will they play together, will they be well drilled, will they be fun to watch, will they compete, will they have a good demeanor on the floor, etc. Wins and losses may have to be ignored for a year or so, but the coaching will come out one way or another. I have higher hopes than most, I think. Let’s go get ‘em!

We will definitely get a chance to see how him and his staff are at player development. That is such an overlooked part of the whole recruiting/roster deal. How many guys have we seen in the last 6-7 years come in with promise and just sort of plateau or barely improve.

We will definitely get a chance to see how him and his staff are at player development. That is such an overlooked part of the whole recruiting/roster deal. How many guys have we seen in the last 6-7 years come in with promise and just sort of plateau or barely improve.
Well I just read an article in the paper from this week where one of the assistant coaches was already saying that by the time a player gets to them, they pretty much are who they are in regards to shooting. Mentioned a few tips here or there will be given. Now I did like the part where they mentioned it takes thousands and thousands of shots practicing to become great.

Reactions: Cock-a-Doo
Johnny, we did play basketball before you were born🤣

Think McGuire’s first year. Or Fogler’s?……..& fwiw, I’ve tried to remove the Fig yrs from my data base brain😆
i know. What were those team manuals they used to send out? I'm having a brain fart. Anyway I still have some from the 80's and 90's with guys I used to follow. Rhett, Manning, Price,

Well I just read an article in the paper from this week where one of the assistant coaches was already saying that by the time a player gets to them, they pretty much are who they are in regards to shooting. Mentioned a few tips here or there will be given. Now I did like the part where they mentioned it takes thousands and thousands of shots practicing to become great.
I would say that’s partially true. You’re not going to take a guy who is a point guard and turn them into to a small forward and you’re not gonna take a guy who a power forward and turn them into a shooting guard.

Shooting form and technique are probably already ingrained in a bunch of these guys but I definitely think they can be coached up on some of that form/technique to produce better shooters.

Generally speaking though, I 100% don’t buy into when I guy comes to your program, especially as a freshman or maybe sophomore transfer that you shouldn’t expect to see some noticeable difference in their game from your one to say year two or three or four. Even NBA teams have player development departments. If you happen to be an NBA guy a great example of this is the Miami Heat currently. They have a roster full of mostly just above average good players and one low-grade superstar and I would argue most of their success is from their ability to develop their players and get the most out of them and we are talking about professional basketball here not college.

I guess you won’t necessarily disagree with what I’m saying… You definitely need to be picking the right guys as a coach who you feel like can be developed and I would say as a college coach you need to have some sense of who is and who is it.

Good friend George Glymph (recently passed) was a player development coach in the NBA and would travel the country in the off-season to work out a player for a few hours. He would tell you that some worked all the time and some not so. If the players are willing to put up the phone and go to work each day, skills can be developed but that usually takes place in the off-season. In-season is the time for team building. Hopefully, our guys are working daily right now at a torrent pace on shooting, ball-handling and physical development. I hope we have a coach that can motivate them to do so with coaches present and on their own.

Reactions: adcoop
It has been very quiet lately with South Carolina men's basketball. I think the last piece of news I heard is South Carolina men's team will not be participating in the SEC vs Big 12 challenge. South Carolina will be in a tournament in Charlston in late November or early December, but other than that, I have not seen any information about the out of conference schedule. I guess run silent run deep is the current Gamecock media objective.

maxresdefault.jpg

It has been very quiet lately with South Carolina men's basketball. I think the last piece of news I heard is South Carolina men's team will not be participating in the SEC vs Big 12 challenge. South Carolina will be in a tournament in Charlston in late November or early December, but other than that, I have not seen any information about the out of conference schedule. I guess run silent run deep is the current Gamecock media objective.

maxresdefault.jpg
Really seems to be zero to minimal effort to pump any excitement into this hire or this team or the program in general.
While I wish we were running the “run silent, run deep” approach experience has me feeling wary.
I’m banking on great player development at this point - our only chance to do anything this season as I see it

Really seems to be zero to minimal effort to pump any excitement into this hire or this team or the program in general.
While I wish we were running the “run silent, run deep” approach experience has me feeling wary.
I’m banking on great player development at this point - our only chance to do anything this season as I see it
I believe the coaching staff has been conducting on court workouts with the current roster and with the few new addition players. The staff has also been doing some social media interviews. My main concern about it being quiet is there is. I think, three more spots on the roster that can be filled and not much information about what is being done. I fully support the coaching staff, and this is not meant as an attack.

maxresdefault.jpg
Honestly we’ve been left out of the Big 12 challenge on several occasions, which is quite embarrassing because most of the conference is playing and to me if you’re one of the ones not selected they either think you’re the worst team in conference.

The Charleston tournament includes: us, Charleston, Furman, Colorado State, Davidson, Penn State and Va Tech. Sadly I found that information out elsewhere and not on a Gamecock site. We’re horrible at promoting our mens basketball team. A chance for the lowcountry fans to see the team close to home should be marketed but you’ll likely hear no mention of it until a week or so before it happens….if that.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT