ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan standing in way of BIG revote

If people think for a second this isn’t tied to national politics then they can’t be helped, just let them leave their heads in the sand.

Just in time before the football parents protest...

Michigan Gov. Whitmer's residence gets security upgrade as part of $1.1M maintenance

Reactions: redrogers
Whitmer has FU__ed us up here, ya'll. Gym's and H.S. Football O.K., but College? Wanna join SEC or other, F her!

whitmer is so wrapped up in not giving the
Whitmer has FU__ed us up here, ya'll. Gym's and H.S. Football O.K., but College? Wanna join SEC or other, F her!

every damn bit of this is political for Whitmer. Smh

But for the rest of the league, football without one rivalry game is better than no football, right?

It would be missed, but at least save Ohio State vs Penn State and Wisconsin and Wisconsin vs Penn state. All three of those are big games. The bigger point is if they get 9 or 10 games in, the other conferences will let them participate in the national championship playoffs most likely. Ohio state is stacked this year and that will be wasted otherwise. Not to mention recruiting when teams in other conferences are on TV and you aren't. It is like voluntary probation for the whole conference.

Reactions: Lurker123
It would be missed, but at least save Ohio State vs Penn State and Wisconsin and Wisconsin vs Penn state. All three of those are big games. The bigger point is if they get 9 or 10 games in, the other conferences will let them participate in the national championship playoffs most likely. Ohio state is stacked this year and that will be wasted otherwise. Not to mention recruiting when teams in other conferences are on TV and you aren't. It is like voluntary probation for the whole conference.
If the big 10 decides to play, I’m not sure the other conferences will agree to push the playoffs back to February

Fun fact that was actually engineered by the Emergency Manager, who was appointed by Rick Snyder, as a way to save money. Nobody ever served jail time though, somehow.

That was/is a bad situation, I hate it for the citizens of flint who got stuck with the tainted water. The state of SC has had some bad management as well with the Columbia housing authority that didn't fix gas leaks which resulted in several deaths. Then you have SCE&G (now Dominion energy) spending millions to build two nuclear reactors that will never be finished, and their customers will get stuck paying for it for many years with no return on that. I don't think any of them served jail time either.

If the big 10 decides to play, I’m not sure the other conferences will agree to push the playoffs back to February

I don't think they will, but if the Big Ten play only conference games, and play every week, they can easily get in a full schedule plus a conference championship if they start by October 1st. The first playoff game isn't until January 1st, so the BigTen conference game could be as late as mid December.

I don't think they will, but if the Big Ten play only conference games, and play every week, they can easily get in a full schedule plus a conference championship if they start by October 1st. The first playoff game isn't until January 1st, so the BigTen conference game could be as late as mid December.
The big 10 said middle of October at earliest— as of now. Still have not made a decision. Times a wasting

The big 10 said middle of October at earliest— as of now. Still have not made a decision. Times a wasting

Certainly if they dither they won't be a part of the championship playoff and game. Even if the first game was October 17th, they could add October 24, 31, Nov 7, 14, 21, and 28, then Dec 5th and 12th and have a ten game season in time for playoffs (without a championship game with conference won by conference record). They really better get moving by October 10th if they want a Big Ten championship game. That or get assurances a 9 game season plus championship game was enough to be eligible. They could do it with leadership, so far they have very little.

And how would entertaining millions of people and having a sense of normalcy not be good? Even for just a few hours?
Sometimes I feel dumber after reading posts like this.

Right! The "Collective" mentality is normal for unicorn worshipers.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT