ADVERTISEMENT

Michigan standing in way of BIG revote

what if side effects ten years down the line COVID 19 cause significant pain, suffering and even more death? Similar to asbestos, let's say. Would you really feel good about your morals after that? Would you really be ok with yourself knowing you were part of the "ignore the people that study infectious disease" crowd?

what if side effects ten years down the line COVID 19 cause significant pain, suffering and even more death? Similar to asbestos, let's say. Would you really feel good about your morals after that? Would you really be ok with yourself knowing you were part of the "ignore the people that study infectious disease" crowd?

You seem to assume that letting college players play football increases their chances of COVID. Why? You think if they aren't practicing and playing they won't be out doing much more risky behavior with friends who aren't being tested for COVID three times a week? Playing football and keeping them studying and busy is far more likely to save them from COVID than anything I can think of. Plus if they catch it they can be quicly diagnosed as the athletic departments are so frequently testing. What if ten years down the road, the teams that played and were closely monitored had little problems ten years later, but if you look at the Pac10 and BigTen players who were thrown to the wind and not monitored have those problems you fear? Would you really be ok with yourself knowing you were part of the "don't allow them to play football, even though I really haven't thought this through carefully?"

You seem to assume that letting college players play football increases their chances of COVID. Why? You think if they aren't practicing and playing they won't be out doing much more risky behavior with friends who aren't being tested for COVID three times a week? Playing football and keeping them studying and busy is far more likely to save them from COVID than anything I can think of. Plus if they catch it they can be quicly diagnosed as the athletic departments are so frequently testing. What if ten years down the road, the teams that played and were closely monitored had little problems ten years later, but if you look at the Pac10 and BigTen players who were thrown to the wind and not monitored have those problems you fear? Would you really be ok with yourself knowing you were part of the "don't allow them to play football, even though I really haven't thought this through carefully?"

You bring up a good point, Battleship. Those schools which are wisely (IMO) sitting out sports where close contact is involved would do well to test players once the Pandemic subsides. Regardless of sport.

And I personally think we're in for a long wait. I predict two more years of social distancing.

You bring up a good point, Battleship. Those schools which are wisely (IMO) sitting out sports where close contact is involved would do well to test players once the Pandemic subsides. Regardless of sport.

And I personally think we're in for a long wait. I predict two more years of social distancing.
Tell me, how do you deal with the heart attacks your shadow must give you when you see it?

I heard the new date to play is October 17th... And play about 7 or 8 games...

The polls should treat an undefeated Big 10 teams like an undefeated Central Florida or South Florida... Rank # 22...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT