ADVERTISEMENT

Mike Bobo

The same Bobo who threw a pass inside the 10 against us instead of feeding Gurley? Let’s hope not but with this present leadership, also known as, “come on boys let’s dig the hole deeper” it wouldn’t surprise me.

Settling for it or not, it's reality. Kind of like flat-earthers. You can believe the earth is flat all you want, but it doesn't change reality.
That's kinda like those who say the moon landing in the late 60s was a hoax.:confused: My wife's relatives were going on and on about it being a hoax and I told her that was so ridiculous that it wasn't worth her time to even comment to them about it. BTW, wife's IQ is around 135 so she's as smart as can be.

They even had a tv doc about it being a hoax. How anyone could believe that such a hoax could be carried out is beyond me.

I think he was a decent OC at UGA - maybe even good - but he has bombed as HC at Colorado State. They hate him and will probably fire him and the AD who gave him a 6 million dollar buyout.

huh, he was actually pretty good as OC at UGA. not the best in the world, but absolutely an upgrade for us.

fans need to accept the reality that we simply will not be attract a top notch OC. we are going to have go for either an unknown or someone like a Bobo or Morris who are looking to get careers back on track.
Morris ok but not Bobo. He was decent at UGa but we don’t have the talent levels UGA brings in.

Reactions: NetworkX
I cannot see why people do not want to hire Bobo. Here is his record as OC at UGA.
2007 11-2, 2008 10-3, 2009 8-5, 2010 6-7, 2011 10-4, 2012 12-2, 2013 8-5, 2014 10-3
That is averaging 9 wins per season.
And they went to a bowl every single year.
Is he ready to turn us into a CFP playoff team? Maybe not. But he would be way better than what we had. All year long I was begging for us to have 2 RB's in the game together, Rico and Feaster. Let the D try to guess who will get it, and then throw a play action. Bobo uses several plays like that. Bobo developed both great QB's and great RB's. We used to have fits with Georgia's running game and then when we tried to stack the line they would burn us with the pass.
So he did awful as HC at CSU but he has proven to be a pretty darn good SEC level OC.
He would definitely be different from B-Mac and we desperately need that.

I will start by saying that I don’t know a lot about Bobo, but from what I do know, I don’t understand why USC fans are so opposed to him. Was he not a good OC at Georgia and did he not groom Matt Stafford and Aaron Murray? I think he also won the Broyles award. Why is everyone so against this possible hire? Would he not be a significant upgrade over Mclendon?

I will start by saying that I don’t know a lot about Bobo, but from what I do know, I don’t understand why USC fans are so opposed to him. Was he not a good OC at Georgia and did he not groom Matt Stafford and Aaron Murray? I think he also won the Broyles award. Why is everyone so against this possible hire? Would he not be a significant upgrade over Mclendon?
I cannot see why people do not want to hire Bobo. Here is his record as OC at UGA.
2007 11-2, 2008 10-3, 2009 8-5, 2010 6-7, 2011 10-4, 2012 12-2, 2013 8-5, 2014 10-3
Is he ready to turn us into a CFP playoff team? Maybe not. But he would be way better than what we had. All year long I was begging for us to have 2 RB's in the game together, Rico and Feaster. Let the D try to guess who will get it, and then throw a play action. Bobo uses several plays like that. Bobo developed both great QB's and great RB's. We used to have fits with Georgia's running game and then when we tried to stack the line they would burn us with the pass.
So he did awful as HC at CSU but he has proven to be a pretty darn good SEC level OC.
All good points but I think a lot of people are upset because they don’t want Bobo because he’s better than MCClendon but we need somebody who is innovative and will keep DC guessing. We will always have a talent deficit at offense so a Pro-Style OC cannot use less talent as effectively as some of the Spreads. UGA was ok during that time but underperformed per talent they had, which is why Richt was fired after a 10 win season.

Reactions: DocSmith89
Morris ok but not Bobo. He was decent at UGa but we don’t have the talent levels UGA brings in.
Morris may not have been a great head coach, but he was a hell of a brilliant OC at Clemson. He was Dabo’s first piece in the puzzle that created the perfect storm. Many Clemson fans including myself thought that Clemson’s rise was coming to an end when Morris left, but luckily he trained Scott and Elliot well.

Georgia use to burn us before he was even born. It’s how he did against equally talented teams that should concern you.

He would be over Bmac who was also a bad hire. Yes Boomer has told us he can recruit, too bad he can’t coach. Bobo has awesome talent to work with. I’d argue that Richt could have had a better coordinator than him and played for a NC. We need a guy who strikes the fear in defensive coordinators hearts even if it’s a guy they don’t know to fear yet. Richts staff like Miles at LSUs staff, were average coaches with better players than most.

After further study and consideration, I think the absolute best choice would be Kalen DeBoer from Indiana. What that man did in one year with relatively no talent is amazing. Give him a good QB and RB's and he might form a top notch program that can beat anyone.

Reactions: gamecockwrestler
ADVERTISEMENT