ADVERTISEMENT

Mike Morgan

Calling the Georgia regional on The U. One of the dumbest moves we’ve made is not letting him do all sports and pushing him out. Consummate professional!
The University didn't push him out.

The one they really should have never let get away is Jim Powell. Is he still the Braves play by play guy?

Calling the Georgia regional on The U. One of the dumbest moves we’ve made is not letting him do all sports and pushing him out. Consummate professional!

You know, if you keep ripping the scab off a wound it will never heal. Let’s just all agree that Mike is a great one that got away, for whatever reason, let the wound heal, and move on.

You know, if you keep ripping the scab off a wound it will never heal. Let’s just all agree that Mike is a great one that got away, for whatever reason, let the wound heal, and move on.

Please....those that don’t learn history are doomed to repeat it. Nothing wrong with learning history, I learned a few things from this thread regarding this subject. Nothing wrong with that, matter fact, there are lots of things good about it.

Thought it was a fallout with lady at the radio station. I listened to a ton of Carolina baseball games he broadcasted in the early 00's before so many games were televised. I always felt like I was there even though I was really in my front yard listening to a car stereo.

Jim Powell and Mike Morgan were great. Mike Morgan my all time favorite. It would be been great to have him here 20 years and remember the games and tell stories like Tommy Moody or Manning did. He could do a baseball game. I'd drink beer and listen to the games not much tv then and he made me feel as though I was there.

Todd Ellis is a legacy homer . I dont like him doing the games much at all. However he is one of us and we are supposed to look out for our own. He is not needy like a George Roger's where we can just create a job for him but Todd wanted to do just football games and the university obliged him. It is what it is and a generation will grow up knowing his voice like us and Bob Fulton. Or maybe not. The games are all televised on your phone now so the next generation may never know the joy of listening on the radio hearing the crowd go nuts and 10 seconds later Fulton tell us td Gamecocks lol

No the university obviously let’s another company handle that type of stuff. That’s why I can listen to every major tater sport on local radio but I can’t even get our post season baseball games. Major fail for us
Nope...it's not that simple. USC does not control it.

Business deal gone bad. The details have never come out.
I thought it had something to do with Morgan's issue with Time Warner (?) over his personal account. Liz then used this as an excuse to push him out so as not to deal with him wanting to call the football games.

Not that it's a fact, but that was the story I heard. If that's not correct, can someone in the know post it? TIA.

Chuck Norris, Gregg Marshall, and Mike Morgan walk into a cage to fight to the death. Who comes out alive?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT