ADVERTISEMENT

Mike Williams according to Sirus radio heads this morning....

NaturalGC7

Aug 22, 2014
Concord, NC
is the Ryan Leaf of college wide receivers. "I've never seen him get separation from defensive backs. If he can't get that with college defenders, pro guys are going to live in his pocket. With that being said he'll probably be taken early in first round ahead of at least 5-6 better receivers because of some teams infatuation with his numbers in college and his size. His speed doesn
t impress or scare anyone. He won't be playing in the same offence on any NFL team, so his ability to get open is going to be very limited."

I still think he's a first rounder to the Cardinals.

I heard Mel Kiper Jr say, "if you like Alshon Jeffery, you'll like Mike Williams." I know what he means by that, but it still sounds funny.

Sour grapes.
A Western Michigan WR just beat him out as the top WR selected in the draft. WCCP did not mention Corey Davis going to the Titans today. That was Mike Davis' contract with the Titans.

Corey Davis was a 2 star recruit coming out of high school and was the #5 pick, 1st WR taken in the 2017 NFL Draft.

Reactions: IrmoRed
Well looks like Mike Williams didn't have to wait too long....taken at # 7

He overcame that bad injury & had a good year. Figured he would go high.

is the Ryan Leaf of college wide receivers. "I've never seen him get separation from defensive backs. If he can't get that with college defenders, pro guys are going to live in his pocket. With that being said he'll probably be taken early in first round ahead of at least 5-6 better receivers because of some teams infatuation with his numbers in college and his size. His speed doesn
t impress or scare anyone. He won't be playing in the same offence on any NFL team, so his ability to get open is going to be very limited."

classy: "according to Sirius radio heads"

Well looks like Mike Williams didn't have to wait too long....taken at # 7
Good for him....he has earned it and overcame the neck injury.

Surprisingly another 3 star receiver was just drafted with the 9th pick (John Ross). He had a 4.22 - 40 yard dash time.

The top 9 picks included a 2 star and 2-3 star recruits (33%)

Surprisingly another 3 star receiver was just drafted with the 9th pick (John Ross). He had a 4.22 - 40 yard dash time.

The kid from Temple, who went 13th (I think, could be wrong but either way top 15), was a walk on linebacker

The kid from Temple, who went 13th (I think, could be wrong but either way top 15), was a walk on linebacker

He was. No star player. Also the TE from Miami was a 3 star and his film was awsome. A lot of great players were under rated in recruiting that
made a lot of money tonight. Glad we have coaches that have experience evaluating players because I believe we will have to start our resurgence as a power in the SEC finding some
under rated players that are good
football players. This draft proves they are out there to be found.

JJ Watts brother was a 3 star drafted in the 1st round by the Steelers (I think) tonight.

Glad to see him celebrate on TV with his family in Holly Hill.. Not hating at all..
Holly Hill has 2 millionaires. Williams and Brett Gardiner. Brett lives in Summerville. When the Yankees miss the playoffs, he's at Parks Field watching his son's machine pitch games. Signs everything. And appears to have no problem. His dad runs a Dairy farm. Brett gets it.

He was. No star player. Also the TE from Miami was a 3 star and his film was awsome. A lot of great players were under rated in recruiting that
made a lot of money tonight. Glad we have coaches that have experience evaluating players because I believe we will have to start our resurgence as a power in the SEC finding some
under rated players that are good
football players. This draft proves they are out there to be found.

JJ Watts brother was a 3 star drafted in the 1st round by the Steelers (I think) tonight.
JJ claims his brother is better. That was an"All's good" after a horrible childhood from JJ kicking his ass everyday!
I'm glad he is a Steeler!

Really funny that I heard the exact thing about Alshon from Kiffer and McShay . Can't separate , no top end speed , to big etc etc . Shows what they know . None of the WR's taken before him that year are on active rosters . I think Williams will be a good NFL WR . If it's close to him he catches it .

Glad to see him celebrate on TV with his family in Holly Hill.. Not hating at all..

Give it a rest. He is a good receiver.

Putting other people down does not make you better.

Some of y'all simply do not get it.

When someone decides to wear that orange & purple & adorn that paw, they become an enemy for life. I hope each & every one of the Clem draftees are busts in the NFL & wind up managing a Cinnabon somewhere in the midwestern U.S.

When someone decides to wear that orange & purple & adorn that paw, they become an enemy for life. I hope each & every one of the Clem draftees are busts in the NFL & wind up managing a Cinnabon somewhere in the midwestern U.S.
We get it. Some of us have are able to forgive. I dislike all Clemson players until they are no longer Clemson players. I hope they have a prosperous NFL career.

Well yes; but...
If Watson and Hopkins can help JDC and Jonathan Joseph win a SB ring...I'm ok w their success too.

Well yes; but...
If Watson and Hopkins can help JDC and Jonathan Joseph win a SB ring...I'm ok w their success too.
I can pull for Hopkins and Williams, but I just can't see myself pulling for Watson. Wasn't much of a Boyd fan either.

Bill O'Brien owns Watson now. He has coached Tom Brady as an offensive coordinator for the Patriots. He will purge that arrogant attitude seen all over the field when under Dabo. He might even call Dabo and tell him to STFU and quit filling his QBS head with his BS.

We get it. Some of us have are able to forgive. I dislike all Clemson players until they are no longer Clemson players. I hope they have a prosperous NFL career.
I kinda feel the same way. I liked Dwight Clark and Steve Fuller. Getting to like Vic Beasley too.

Wow, after reading this thread it looks like we aren't allowed to have negative opinions on athletes capabilities and performance.

If you say something negative you are a hater/jaded and you are putting them down?

Either he's going to prove the nay sayers wrong or he's going to do exactly what some people are predicting him to do at the next level.

1egxio.jpg

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
Wow, after reading this thread it looks like we aren't allowed to have negative opinions on athletes capabilities and performance.

If you say something negative you are a hater/jaded and you are putting them down?

Either he's going to prove the nay sayers wrong or he's going to do exactly what some people are predicting him to do at the next level.

1egxio.jpg

Lol. Ok, big man.

Ryan Leaf...

Now that dude is going to get killed in the NFL. I truly worry about him.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT