ADVERTISEMENT

Minaya

I sense the sarcasm, but one ggsme doesn’t make a trend. It’s only the hopeful start of one.

I am agreeing. He's garbage. Let's ignore his freshman year when he was healthy.
Your sarcasm would make sense if it was obvious. The problem is that, as hard as you’re trying, what you think is sarcasm is also a small bit of truth.

Minaya had a great game. Why can’t we just leave it at that rather than making assumptions one way or another? This is a game he will hopefully build on.

Your sarcasm would make sense if it was obvious. The problem is that, as hard as you’re trying, what you think is sarcasm is also a bit of truth.

Minaya had a great game. Why can’t we just leave it at that rather than making assumptions one way or another? This is a game he will hopefully build on.
He's taken unfair criticism not only for this year but that he's an awful shooter in general. Has he struggled? Yes. But his freshman year shows he can stroke it and is need of confidence. I'll defend him all day every day as long as he's giving 100%.

Your sarcasm would make sense if it was obvious. The problem is that, as hard as you’re trying, what you think is sarcasm is also a small bit of truth.

Excellent response here, agree 100%

No going to lie, I had lost faith in Minaya on the offensive end. The opener had me excited for him but ever since then he's been mostly disappointing. He's look reluctant shoot when open and couldn't buy a basket to save his life. I'm glad he found his confidence lately and hope it continues.

Reactions: OldWiseCock
Everyone was right last week. He must go. Awful shooter and adds no value. I was dead wrong suggesting he's a good shooter / player in need of confidence.

I am certainly not attacking him nor, am I defending him. But, just coincidentally, a game or three ago, I asked myself 'where's Minaya? He was a play maker. I never see him.' Since then I noticed the ONLY time I see him, is either on his way into the game or, on his way out.
YES! I did see him make an excellent play yesterday but, for some odd reason, I never notice his play during the action. My Bad!

Last edited:
I have never said anything negative about Minaya.
After reading this thread though, I figured he must be shooting really well. After some research he is still a well below average 3 point shooter on the season(26%) and his career (31%)....23% since his freshman year. He is also way below average on ft's for year and career.

He is still a good role player, plays decent D,rebounds well and at times passes really well.

I have never said anything negative about Minaya.
After reading this thread though, I figured he must be shooting really well. After some research he is still a well below average 3 point shooter on the season(26%) and his career (31%)....23% since his freshman year. He is also way below average on ft's for year and career.

He is still a good role player, plays decent D,rebounds well and at times passes really well.
If you have paid attention, he is not a role player on this team.

I am certainly not attacking him nor, am I defending him. But, just coincidentally, a game or three ago, I asked myself 'where's Minaya? He was a play maker. I never see him.' Since then I noticed the ONLY time I see him, is either on his way into the game or, on his way out.
YES! I did see him make an excellent play yesterday but, for some odd reason, I never notice his play during the action. My Bad!
You must have missed most of last night's game and some of the previous games. I was at the game. Great defense, rebounding, several nice passes and shot the ball well. Other than that, he was nonexistent as you mention.

He is playing well. I’m glad to see that he is getting out of his funk.

That said, I find these posts a bit immature.
I find it much more immature reading previous post suggesting Minaya is not a div 1 player, an awful shooter and should be gone. If defending him is immature, I can live with being immature.

The shots at Minaya are unfair.

Reactions: Bleedgarnet33
If you have paid attention, he is not a role player on this team.

He would be a role player on a good team*. Again I have never said anything negative about him, but if your implying he is an above average college basketball shooter, you're not paying attention.

He would be a role player on a good team*. Again I have never said anything negative about him, but if your implying he is an above average college basketball shooter, you're not paying attention.
On a good team like Duke or Kentucky? You are probably right.

I find it much more immature reading previous post suggesting Minaya is not a div 1 player, an awful shooter and should be gone. If defending him is immature, I can live with being immature.

The shots at Minaya are unfair.
I didn’t say whose posts were immature. Those comments you have mentioned are bad. But the I told you do posts are silly too

Reactions: PC31
No going to lie, I had lost faith in Minaya on the offensive end. The opener had me excited for him but ever since then he's been mostly disappointing. He's look reluctant shoot when open and couldn't buy a basket to save his life. I'm glad he found his confidence lately and hope it continues.
Same here. I have criticized him repeatedly for his offense, but he is proving me wrong.

Reactions: viennacocks
Not sure I agree with that. If we had a solid point guard from day 1 this season, we are a tourney team.
Do you think Cous is the permanent answer at PG or is Hannibal still in training? To me it looks like the offense runs better with Cous in the game. I think I'd like to see Hannibal and Cous together. Run 4 guards from time to time.

Do you think Cous is the permanent answer at PG or is Hannibal still in training? To me it looks like the offense runs better with Cous in the game. I think I'd like to see Hannibal and Cous together. Run 4 guards from time to time.
Agreed. Hannibal has a 2 guard mentality (Cous does at times also) but I think we are better off with Cous at point, Lawson at 2, Minaya at 3 with Bryant and Hannibal coming off the bench. Bryant and Hannibal tend to get out of control.

Last edited:
Agreed. Hannibal has a 2 guard mentality (Cous does at times also) but I think we are better off with Cous at point, Lawson at 2, Minaya at 3 with Bryant and Hannibal coming off the bench. Bryant and Hannibal tend to get out of control.
I consider Bryant more of a F than a SG. He is very athletic and prefers to go to the rim, but he is not a great shooter. He’d be better off defending a guard though.

I sense the sarcasm, but one ggsme doesn’t make a trend. It’s only the hopeful start of one.
I don't think it has just been one game though. He's looked good the last few games and he's so much more than just a shooter. He plays great defense and he's a good rebounder.

Where are all the Minaya can't shoot posters?
He had 45.5 FG% last year and averaged 13% from three. The year before he shot 39% and 36% respectively.. He's shooting 44% AND 26 % on the year. His averages are pretty consistent. I don't think they qualify as terrible or great. He's a pretty steady player that's averaging around 7 to 8 points a game playing between 26-30 minutes a game.

I consider Bryant more of a F than a SG. He is very athletic and prefers to go to the rim, but he is not a great shooter. He’d be better off defending a guard though.
Agreed. We have the same line of thinking. I see Bryant as a back-up to Minaya and Hannibal a back-up at SG and/or PG.

He had 45.5 FG% last year and averaged 13% from three. The year before he shot 39% and 36% respectively.. He's shooting 44% AND 26 % on the year. His averages are pretty consistent. I don't think they qualify as terrible or great. He's a pretty steady player that's averaging around 7 to 8 points a game playing between 26-30 minutes a game.
He has certainly had some bad shooting games but I saw enough in his freshman year to see he's a good shooter. He has had injury / confidence issues that he's working through but I like his all-around game on both ends of the court.

He has certainly had some bad shooting games but I saw enough in his freshman year to see he's a good shooter. He has had injury / confidence issues that he's working through but I like his all-around game on both ends of the court.
I'd play him as much as possible while he has the hot hand, that's for sure.

My conclusion is that we recruited some good freshmen. How do we look for recruits for 2021?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT