ADVERTISEMENT

Missing Spurrier

MowerDave

Jun 10, 2020
The start of fall camp always makes me miss Spurrier. There was nothing quite like his self-deprecating or painfully blunt assessments after watching the team practice. I'm still not sure if one of our starting QBs ever had a good fall camp. "Yeah, our quarterbacks just aren't very good right now. Timing is off. Footwork is lousy. It is what it is. To be honest, the best one we had out there today was so-and-so 4th string walk-on guy. He looked good. Maybe he deserves a shot. So, we can't throw the ball, can't catch it and can't run it. Gonna be a lot of close games this season. Our punter did look pretty good out there. It is what it is. We'll try to coach 'em up."

The start of fall camp always makes me miss Spurrier. There was nothing quite like his self-deprecating or painfully blunt assessments after watching the team practice. I'm still not sure if one of our starting QBs ever had a good fall camp. "Yeah, our quarterbacks just aren't very good right now. Timing is off. Footwork is lousy. It is what it is. To be honest, the best one we had out there today was so-and-so 4th string walk-on guy. He looked good. Maybe he deserves a shot. So, we can't throw the ball, can't catch it and can't run it. Gonna be a lot of close games this season. Our punter did look pretty good out there. It is what it is. We'll try to coach 'em up."

Oh boy howdy, do I ever miss Spurrier.

Funny how Spurrier was never satisfied with how we looked in practice and Muschamp was ready to declare the team last year to be the best he's had here. Spurrier's team was the best one Muschamp had here.

U want blunt?.......Jim Carlen was blunt!.....so much so he hurt those who didn’t have the capabilities to handle it:)

I’ll paraphrase one classic........asked by a reporter how he felt about getting a Alabama transfer QB.
“Bear doesn’t let too many good ones get away”.

nothing quite like having a coach who didn’t speak out of the side of his mouth.......he was a trailblazer.

U want blunt?.......Jim Carlen was blunt!.....so much so he hurt those who didn’t have the capabilities to handle it:)

I’ll paraphrase one classic........asked by a reporter how he felt about getting a Alabama transfer QB.
“Bear doesn’t let too many good ones get away”.

nothing quite like having a coach who didn’t speak out of the side of his mouth.......he was a trailblazer.

Joe Morrison was known not to mince words either. Told Mack Brown one year after we beat UNC “you really have a bad team.” LOL

Reactions: ClowneyPosse
“Coach Spurrier did you hear the Auburn Athletic library burned down”

Spurrier : “Saddest part is most of the books hadn’t been colored yet “.

thats still the best

Reactions: Legendary Cock
“Coach Spurrier did you hear the Auburn Athletic library burned down”

Spurrier : “Saddest part is most of the books hadn’t been colored yet “.

thats still the best
This one is great. But I really hate UTjr.

“You can’t spell Citrus without UT.”

“I know why Peyton came back for his senior year. He wanted to be a three-time star of the Citrus Bowl.”

Reactions: Legendary Cock
This one is great. But I really hate UTjr.

“You can’t spell Citrus without UT.”

“I know why Peyton came back for his senior year. He wanted to be a three-time star of the Citrus Bowl.”

Haha yes . Think he said Peyton will be the first 3 time Citrus Bowl MVP !! Free Shoes University was pretty hilarious too .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT