ADVERTISEMENT

Missouri: Who Do You Think Of?

Carolina4

Oct 9, 2006
Who is the 1st person you think of when you see this?

missouri_tigers_2006-pres_a.png

For me it’s Brad Smith.

I know what Michigan fans felt like losing the Outback Bowl to us a couple of years ago because we had no business losing the Independence Bowl to Missouri in Spurrier’s first season.

By the way, Missouri definitely needs to go back to this uniform. Much better than their current look(s).
2025475.0.jpg

Last edited:
Gay defensive end that kissed his husband on tv on draft night.

Hey, you asked.

Yep...I’m sure many think of him actually. Michael Sam was a good college player. His name was called out a lot in our miracle win over them his final year. Got annoyed reading articles about a guy signing to play with in the CFL.

Reactions: Gaimcock
Those jerseys and helmets are sharp.

yep. Classic look too. Mistake to go all modern and prefer the gold to the “Dog $hit Yellow” they have now. Maybe they wanted to differentiate themselves from Vandy in the East...

Reactions: Bad seed
I don't think of a particular person but I just think of a university that is not a good geographical fit for the SEC.

Agreed. I always thought the SEC should have moved east, not west. NC State and Virginia Tech would have been two prime candidates (geographically and ratings wise) - and I think they would have been happy to leave the ACC (Va Tech has never been a good fit, and State would have come for the same reason A&M came - they couldn't get out of big brother's shadow without a conference change).

Agreed. I always thought the SEC should have moved east, not west. NC State and Virginia Tech would have been two prime candidates (geographically and ratings wise) - and I think they would have been happy to leave the ACC (Va Tech has never been a good fit, and State would have come for the same reason A&M came - they couldn't get out of big brother's shadow without a conference change).
The exit fees got enormous after Maryland pulled out of the ACC. Punitive and virtually hobbling. Missouri is a well-respected school, an AAC&U school. They raise the academic profile of the SEC. And already, they have won the East twice. Yes, a Southern school would have been a better fit, but a suitable one would have been hard to get. FSU would have been the most suitable of all.

The exit fees got enormous after Maryland pulled out of the ACC. Punitive and virtually hobbling. Missouri is a well-respected school, an AAC&U school. They raise the academic profile of the SEC. And already, they have won the East twice. Yes, a Southern school would have been a better fit, but a suitable one would have been hard to get. FSU would have been the most suitable of all.
And perhaps most importantly, they deliver to the SEC the St. Louis and Kansas City TV markets.

Reactions: Gaimcock
Yep...I’m sure many think of him actually. Michael Sam was a good college player. His name was called out a lot in our miracle win over them his final year. Got annoyed reading articles about a guy signing to play with in the CFL.
Yep. I mean if the subject of discussion 'tis indeed his Private Personal Bidness, then do us ALL a FAVOR and PRIVATELY keep it to HIMSELF!!!

Let’s add them today. They are both good programs, and lets face it; Vandy is getting worn out playing Homecoming days.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT