ADVERTISEMENT

Mizzou has had more success than us

MLWE.gif

• Haha
Reactions: FCB 2013 treble
It may not be the only sport that matters to you, but the rest of the SEC would rather lose in every sport if it meant winning in football. I feel the same.

Reactions: 76MACC
How does that change they’ve won the East twice and we haven’t since they joined the conference?
Well we are 3-2 against them over the last 5 terrible years.
Anyone can go back and start from a point that makes things look better and strengthens their argument.
I wouldn’t say they have fared better than us. In 13 when they won the East we beat them also.

Well we are 3-2 against them over the last 5 terrible years.
Anyone can go back and start from a point that makes things look better and strengthens their argument.
I wouldn’t say they have fared better than us. In 13 when they won the East we beat them also.
You would be wrong if you claimed you would rather be 3-2 against them the past 5 years than their 2 sec East titles.

It isn’t even up for debate.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
They have 2 east titles and we have 1. But overall since they have been in the SEC, we have been a better program.
Based on what? Our 5-4 head to head record? That’s the only advantage we have on them.

We have a 53% win percentage and zero division titles. They have a 56% win percentage and two division titles.

It’s pretty clear who has been better unfortunately.

Reactions: Tmac069
You would be wrong if you claimed you would rather be 3-2 against them the past 5 years than their 2 sec East titles.

It isn’t even up for debate.
I didn’t claim that. It’s pretty clear you’re hellbent on trying to argue. I was just saying anyone can go back and start at a point that makes things look better. We are 1-1 against UGA the last 2 years. That makes things sound better but we all know it’s not reality. We went 33-6 over three years. Did they? See what I did there?
Yeah they won two east titles. Almost 10 years ago. Their future doesn’t look any brighter than ours. Why Missouri anyways? Hell you should argue about us losing to Kentucky.
Oh and one year we went undefeated in the East but wasn’t East champs. How fair is that? I’ve always said it should be division record first. Then overall conference record as tiebreaker. But that’s another story.

I didn’t claim that. It’s pretty clear you’re hellbent on trying to argue. I was just saying anyone can go back and start at a point that makes things look better. We are 1-1 against UGA the last 2 years. That makes things sound better but we all know it’s not reality. We went 33-6 over three years. Did they? See what I did there?
Yeah they won two east titles. Almost 10 years ago. Their future doesn’t look any brighter than ours. Why Missouri anyways? Hell you should argue about us losing to Kentucky.
Oh and one year we went undefeated in the East but wasn’t East champs. How fair is that? I’ve always said it should be division record first. Then overall conference record as tiebreaker. But that’s another story.
Alright it’s obvious you’re “hellbent” on just refusing to acknowledge that they’ve been more successful than we have been in the SEC.

They’ve been in the SEC for 9 seasons so it isn’t cherry picking data. It’s literally their entire existence in the league.

Reactions: Tmac069 and Judson1
Good for them. What is the point of this dynamite drop in? Surely people know the results of the past 10 football seasons

The University of South Carolina is part of the Southeastern Conference. One of the greatest traditions in all of College Football. The SEC tradition is made up in part by programs like Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Florida, Georgia and Tennessee.

But, you're going to measure your worth as a football program over some line in the sand as to whether you are doing better than Mizzou?

SC is a valuable brand as part of the SEC regardless of its relative worth to one other arbitrarily chosen program.

Reactions: carolinamike79
The University of South Carolina is part of the Southeastern Conference. One of the greatest traditions in all of College Football. The SEC tradition is made up in part by programs like Alabama, Auburn, LSU, Florida, Georgia and Tennessee.

But, you're going to measure your worth as a football program over some line in the sand as to whether you are doing better than Mizzou?

SC is a valuable brand as part of the SEC regardless of its relative worth to one other arbitrarily chosen program.
They just don't like them and never wanted them in the league. They figured they would be rid of them when the next round of conference expansion happened but apparently they won't be leaving - and that torques some people. Fact is, they have a very good athletic history and a better academic profile than we do. Their AAU affiliation attests that.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2

Missouri is an actual peer. Get back to us if we ever resort to comparing ourselves to Kentucky Football.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
You’re not defending anything. You’re pretending we’ve been better than we actually have been.

The first step to fixing a problem is admitting it’s a problem.
We have been better. You just dont like me defending USC. Not saying we are great or they are great. But since they joined the league the 2 programs have been equal.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT