ADVERTISEMENT

Mizzou hires father of top BB recruit

I salute Mizzou for hiring a HBC ruthless enough to do whats required to lift his program...Cuanzo has always been willing to bend the rules...He can't coach worth a snot...But he can get players...Hopefully for Missouri's sake he has hired a couple of assistants that are great with strategies and game management

Prudent is what it is.

exactly right...you gotta have players...all this holier than thou and we are big on integrity stuff does not win games, does not fill the stadium and arena seats, nor does it pay for all those fancy facilities schools need to impress the best prospects...get some ballers and wins some freaking games

Reactions: king ward
Don't forget, USC hired Bobby Bentley

Big difference... Bobby Bentley can actually coach...

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/coll...cle_d5b081ce-f770-5779-8af4-d1c3a0f1a44c.html

COLUMBIA, MO. • Last spring, Missouri basketball coach Kim Anderson tried to lure Michael Porter Sr. from the women’s basketball coaching staff with the promise of a lucrative multiyear contract. Anderson’s hope was Porter’s move from one staff to the other would help the Tigers sign Michael Porter Jr., his son, the crown jewel of the 2017 recruiting class.

Porter Sr. turned down Mizzou’s offer — and a similar deal from Texas A&M — and instead reunited with his old friend and former teammate Lorenzo Romar at the University of Washington.

That was last May.

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/...sr-taking-assistant-coaching-job-at-missouri/

The Porter family said that Porter Jr. was “98 percent sure” about his decision and it would come soon, likely via social media.

“He doesn’t want this to linger,” his mom, Lisa Porter, said.

Jontay Porter, who is one of the top junior recruits in the nation, and his freshman brother Coban, who both played on Nathan Hale’s state championship team, will be moving to Columbia, Mo., with the family.

Porter Sr. joins the staff of Cuonzo Martin, who left California last week for the job at Missouri. Porter Sr. was an assistant coach on the Missouri women’s basketball team from 2010-16. He has two daughters who play for the Tigers, Cierra and Bri. Bri Porter suffered a torn ACL early in the 2016-17 season.

Missouri women’s coach, Robin Pingeton, is Porter’s sister-in-law. Porter Sr. cryptically announced his decision on Twitter by changing his avatar to a tiger, the mascot of Missouri.

Reactions: lawcalcock
So this is how they do things now? Close relatives of young blue chippers use these kids talents like a pimp would use a whore (ala Cam Newton). It sickens me to see how widely accepted and approved this has become. What is the difference between Auburn's people donating a six figure "offering" to Reverend Newton's church and this?
I hope they get what they are paying for. No need to fear the NCAA's rules infraction committee doing anything.

So this is how they do things now? Close relatives of young blue chippers use these kids talents like a pimp would use a whore (ala Cam Newton). It sickens me to see how widely accepted and approved this has become. What is the difference between Auburn's people donating a six figure "offering" to Reverend Newton's church and this?
I hope they get what they are paying for. No need to fear the NCAA's rules infraction committee doing anything.

Please: collegiate sports pimped itself out decades ago..Today all the shady deals are out in the open due to instantaneous electronic communications...There is no integrity among coaches and there is no honor anywhere in the recruiting process...Either you want to win or you accept losing...The HBCs that try to do it right are not winning championships

See Lavar Ball. The biggest pimp amongst all pimps. There are some fathers of scholar athletes who do have ethics and values higher than this. Just not these people.

Does Zion or XT have any relatives needing work?
I have no idea. But before anyone makes a commitment to hire someone they need to check them out first. Failure to do so could get you in the news like Lane Kiffin or result in a David Reeves type of situation.

I don't anticipate that Mizzou will have any problems with hiring Michael Porter SR. Michael Porter JR was an early signee at Washington where his father was an assistant coach. The head coach was fired. MP Jr requested and received a release from UW because of the coaching change.

"Big difference... Bobby Bentley can actually coach..." .....

<--------me trying to keep a straight face, wink wink lol

So another lets cheat thread

So i say again, would you really be happy with a national championship if you had to cheat to get it?

If you say yes, you have some priorities to evaluate and some soul searching to do.

Just my opinion

Every team on our schedule cheats if cheating means paying players or their families for their services. I guess you think USC doesn't cheat? Must be nice up there. Fact is USC just isn't good at it, Bama, Auburn and Clemson are the best are were the best at it and are still benefiting from it.

also wasnt Alshons's dad hired in maintenance here?
USC has done this sort of thing many times and or recruited a big time recruits buddy .That's the same as paying a player when you give his buddy a scholarship.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT