ADVERTISEMENT

Mizzou looks excited to be playing UGA…

Yeah Ga. may come back and win but Missouri has manned up. Makes me want to puke the way our guys just roll over and look terrified to even be on the field with good teams.

We never showed up. It’s why all UofSC fans left the stadium at half time. Makes me doubt Beamer.

Beamer needs this year. He tookover under adverse circumstances. No doubt he will have to make some adjustments as he goes. The one unknown at this time is can he be both nice and at the same time be given proper fear and respect. So far nice is winning,

After watching mizz and uga, I had to cross mizz off my list of games I thought we could win....We may have won our last game of the year already.

This was not the same UGA team we played. They were out to embarrass us running trick plays and mis-directions and run up the score. If they played like they did against Mizzou we beat them.

Beamer needs this year. He tookover under adverse circumstances. No doubt he will have to make some adjustments as he goes. The one unknown at this time is can he be both nice and at the same time be given proper fear and respect. So far nice is winning,
Beamer definitely deserves at least 3 years. However, how you lose is telling and we have laid an egg in the big games so far under this staff. The vast majority of USC's football history is predicated on phrases such as "next year," "this coach needs more time," "we had a brutal schedule," "we had a bunch of injuries" etc. The bottom line is we've done less with more for way too long. Now the admininstration has resorted to gimmicks like uniform changes, light shows and non-conference patsies to try to keep the fans engaged while they watch a team which is probably in the bottom 2 or 3 in the SEC.

We should have patience but not be foolish about a timeline for any coach. As has been mentioned in other threads, if you're consistently getting recruiting classes in the Top 20, there's no reason you shouldn't be a relevant team in the polls on a consistent basis too.

Reactions: Lurker123
Beamer definitely deserves at least 3 years. However, how you lose is telling and we have laid an egg in the big games so far under this staff. The vast majority of USC's football history is predicated on phrases such as "next year," "this coach needs more time," "we had a brutal schedule," "we had a bunch of injuries" etc. The bottom line is we've done less with more for way too long. Now the admininstration has resorted to gimmicks like uniform changes, light shows and non-conference patsies to try to keep the fans engaged while they watch a team which is probably in the bottom 2 or 3 in the SEC.

We should have patience but not be foolish about a timeline for any coach. As has been mentioned in other threads, if you're consistently getting recruiting classes in the Top 20, there's no reason you shouldn't be a relevant team in the polls on a consistent basis too.
There IS a reason…..at least 5 of our opponents are consistently ranked higher in recruiting than us. . And when you lose 4 games or more each year you will not be relevant in the polls

There IS a reason…..at least 5 of our opponents are consistently ranked higher in recruiting than us. . And when you lose 4 games or more each year you will not be relevant in the polls
You might have missed the post about recruiting history. We're the only team in college football who has averaged a Top 20 recruiting class over the past 8 years (since Spurrier) who hasn't been in the Top 25 once. This includes SEC teams which haven't had the success we have had in recruiting. There's nowhere to hide.

This was not the same UGA team we played. They were out to embarrass us running trick plays and mis-directions and run up the score. If they played like they did against Mizzou we beat them.
^^^This is true. Smart said as much after the game. They came here to attack with a vengeance. That was their mindset.

ADVERTISEMENT