ADVERTISEMENT

Mizzou new AD

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports...-hire-of-desiree-reed-francois-215253738.html

Odd choice IMO. Not because she’s a woman, but her resume doesn’t scream SEC. At least she has more experience than when we hired King Dixon.
If you understand her tenure at UT it screams competency. She was there when there was a separate AD for women’s athletics. Joan Cronan was AD and might have been one of the most respected ADs in the country. She built their programs so successfully that the Mike Hamilton(the tater grad doofus) decided that they could no longer be separate.

She will be a great improvement over Sterk in competence, forward vision, public relations and just not being a good ole boy dumbass

If you understand her tenure at UT it screams competency. She was there when there was a separate AD for women’s athletics. Joan Cronan was AD and might have been one of the most respected ADs in the country. She built their programs so successfully that the Mike Hamilton(the tater grad doofus) decided that they could no longer be separate.

She will be a great improvement over Sterk in competence, forward vision, public relations and just not being a good ole boy dumbass
Well that’s odd, because her UNLV bio says specifically MENs basketball (during the Pearl era none the less).

So in the sense of SEC cheating, I guess you’re right.

But then again, obviously I don’t understand.

BTW- Totally agree on Sterk

https://www.google.com/amp/s/sports...-hire-of-desiree-reed-francois-215253738.html

Odd choice IMO. Not because she’s a woman, but her resume doesn’t scream SEC. At least she has more experience than when we hired King Dixon.

Not sure why it's odd to you. Looks like a good choice to me. Hire an AD with experience actually doing the job. Are you listening UofSC BOT?????

The line below in the article stood out to me. Remind you of anyone?

"Sterk brought a muted personality and conservative decision making to the athletic director spot."

Not sure why it's odd to you. Looks like a good choice to me. Hire an AD with experience actually doing the job. Are you listening UofSC BOT?????

The line below in the article stood out to me. Remind you of anyone?

"Sterk brought a muted personality and conservative decision making to the athletic director spot."
Again, I’ve already stated anything would be an upgrade over Sterk.

I’m saying, as someone who’d like to see Tanner retire, this board would be melting down if we hired say John Smith with this resume.

San Jose
Santa Clara
Fresno State
San Francisco
Tennessee
Cincinnati
Va Tech
UNLV

There are no great success stories in there.

As opposed to LSU who hired an AD with experience at Washington and Texas AM. I don’t think we’d be thrilled if we hired the AD from New Mexico.

Reactions: caughtlookin
Again, I’ve already stated anything would be an upgrade over Sterk.

I’m saying, as someone who’d like to see Tanner retire, this board would be melting down if we hired say John Smith with this resume.

San Jose
Santa Clara
Fresno State
San Francisco
Tennessee
Cincinnati
Va Tech
UNLV

There are no great success stories in there.

As opposed to LSU who hired an AD with experience at Washington and Texas AM. I don’t think we’d be thrilled if we hired the AD from New Mexico.

One of our best football coaches we hired from New Mexico.

One of our best football coaches we hired from New Mexico.
Don’t get me wrong, I like JoMo. Growing up, that Black Magic era was awesome.

But if you’re one of the best with a 56.5% winning percentage that isn’t saying much. Then again it is the Gamecocks.

By contrast Carlen is right with him at 54.8%.

Don’t get me wrong, I like JoMo. Growing up, that Black Magic era was awesome.

But if you’re one of the best with a 56.5% winning percentage that isn’t saying much. Then again it is the Gamecocks.

By contrast Carlen is right with him at 54.8%.
Well, Carlen was one of our better coaches as well. Also, I think we can all agree Morrison's tenure was cut short.

Well, Carlen was one of our better coaches as well. Also, I think we can all agree Morrison's tenure was cut short.
Who knows? Like I said, like old JoMo, but scandal would’ve likely run him out anyway.

Your point isn’t off base. But when you’re a Gamecock, and saying a 50 something % is one of our best, it’s like saying a C+ student is your star pupil in room full of D’s. Unfortunately it’s true though.

D71789_023.JPG

I could certainly get behind her as AD. 🤓

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT