ADVERTISEMENT

MLB Opening Day: Atlanta Braves outlook

lawcalcock

Apr 8, 2016
Who can tell me what the Braves will do this season... The past 3 drafts have been spent on pitchers.. Are any of the young arms ready to help at the major league level... Do they have anyone other than Freddie Freeman to put a bat on a ball after a pitcher throws it over the plate

2019 will be the braves year. Look for some of the young arms to debut this year. I know Sean Newcomb is in the starting rotation to start the year. I see a bounce back year for Swanson, Albies along side Acuna are going to be very exciting to watch this season. Outside of Freeman, lets not forget Ender Inciarte. Dont look for a big playoff push, but they are going to be fun to watch. Alot of young talent will be on the field this year.

2019 will be the braves year. Look for some of the young arms to debut this year. I know Sean Newcomb is in the starting rotation to start the year. I see a bounce back year for Swanson, Albies along side Acuna are going to be very exciting to watch this season. Outside of Freeman, lets not forget Ender Inciarte. Dont look for a big playoff push, but they are going to be fun to watch. Alot of young talent will be on the field this year.

Thank you much... I get so into college hoops i don't keep up until the season starts

I love the Braves.

We’re going to suck. Our “ace” has a horrible record at home and would be a 3 on a lot of staffs.

Take Freddie Freeman out and this team would struggle to win a AA minor league title.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
I have inside information coming to me that Ronald Acuna is really good at baseball. TIFWIW

@lawcalcock holding Acuna in the minors for two weeks so they gain control of him for a whole additional season is not penny pinching - its the smart thing to do. It is the same thing the Cubs did with Kris Bryant. Plus, as much as I hate it, not having Acuna for two weeks most likely won't change the Braves postseason outlook.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
@lawcalcock holding Acuna in the minors for two weeks so they gain control of him for a whole additional season is not penny pinching - its the smart thing to do. It is the same thing the Cubs did with Kris Bryant. Plus, as much as I hate it, not having Acuna for two weeks most likely won't change the Braves postseason outlook.
I am not sure about that... They wouldn't do this in the WNBA... We will see though...

Exactly what the Cubs did with Bryant. Just part of business and the CBA. However, I think it may bite the Cubs in the butt. They tried to negotiate with Bryant and get him to sign a long term extension and his agent basically said “no thanks,we’re good”.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979

Wasn't aware it worked that way... Thanks... Guess they screw the young players as long as possible before the guaranteed contracts are negotiated

Reactions: suncock
Generally agree. They are still a year away which makes the rebuild frustrating and painful because its' taking so long. But there is finally light at the end of the tunnel. The offensive lineup should actually be very solid this year. I just think they are a year away from having the pitching they need to navigate a long season. Once the young arms are experienced and ready, the team will be able to compete for a playoff spot. But this year, a .500 record is probably a more realistic projection.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT