ADVERTISEMENT

Mon Denson

We are undefeated when Mon Denson had gotten the ball more then 8 carries in a game

Ok, just 2-0

2017 Arkansas, 8 carries for 25 yards, we won 48-22

2017 Florida, 13 carries for 61 yards, 2 touchdowns

2018 Kentucky was 7 carries, thus my statistic manipulation

All I can say is Mon goes forward

Now 3-0 all time when Mon gets the ball 8 times or more in a game

He played well but we sure will need those other guys down the stretch. Williams looked great catching the ball and really ran hard. I hated to see he and Dowdle go down.

We will need the depth against a much better Florida defense next week.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
I've been a big Mon Denson fan since he arrived. I love watching that kid run!! Was really happy to see his big run yesterday. (He allllllmost lost the ball on that tackle though!!)

Mon needs to start against Florida. He is hungry a looks like an every down back.

I didn’t realize he had that kind of speed! What ya wanna bet Marcus has a little talk to him about covering that thing up with two arms when he sees he’s gonna be caught from behind! He was one of the best at that.

Did a great job holding on to that ball. Sounds like he had no idea that guy was going to catch him. One of many huge plays yesterday.

I'm ready to see the back who produces in the game not the ones who produce in practice. Mon seems to able to find the seam.
Some people go on and on with "trust the coaches" and "the coaches see them every day in practice, you don't." Well, it's hard to argue with game day results. Mon gets it done (in his limited chances). I'm not saying that he's night and day better than Rico or Williams or anything, but he certainly deserves a little more action, imo.

Last edited:
Some people go on and on with "trust the coaches" and "the coaches see them every day in practice, you don't." Well, it's hard to argue with game day results. Mon gets it done (in his limited chances). I'm not saying that he's twice as good as Rico or Williams, he certainly deserves a little more action, imo.
Mon has the leg drive to break tackles from what I watched the few times they let him play. I'd also fall out my chair if we ever dared test the corners with sweeps every blue moon. We are so predictable.

Last edited:
Mon looks good every time I see him. I’m guessing we’ll see him more?

Need to hit AJ in a wheel route. Hear that Bmac?

We need them all. Mon is good at hitting the hole between the tackles and getting positive yards even when he's hit at the line. He doesn't have the vision and niftiness of the others but he wore down Ole Miss's LBs. He's good and all, but I'm not going to start thinking our offense is awesome because of what we did to Mississippi. UF will be a completely different team. The opposite of Miss. They all have something they do well. It all depends on what the defense is setting up for, what they're each good at, how each one is performing that day and how well our OL is opening up lanes. The same guy won't have the hot hand every week.

Last edited:
Reactions: rogue cock
I have not understood why he hasn't played more all season. Every time he is in he produces. I knew he was strong and durable and could break tackles (no other back we have can do that), but what I did not realize is how much speed the guy has. He got away from the DBs with that breakaway run finally one guy with an angle caught him at the 3 (officials marked it at the 5 - but that is for another discussion). That was the game clincher.

Reactions: 92Pony
Mon plowed #15 for Ole Miss. I would hate to be him in the film room today watching that with the coaches. That said, we have a few guys who have been plowed like that too. Mon runs with low pads and leverage so he delivers a more powerful blow. Our other runners run too high. makes it easier to tackle.

We are UNDEFEATED when we score more points than the other team. Can you believe this stat?

giphy.gif

Reactions: TheReelEss
We need them all. Mon is good at hitting the hole between the tackles and getting positive yards even when he's hit at the line. He doesn't have the vision and niftiness of the others but he wore down Ole Miss's LBs. He's good and all, but I'm not going to start thinking our offense is awesome because of what we did to Mississippi. UF will be a completely different team. The opposite of Miss. They all have something they do well. It all depends on what the defense is setting up for, what they're each good at, how each one is performing that day and how well our OL is opening up lanes. The same guy won't have the hot hand every week.
Pretty much my analysis of Denson also. He's can hit the holes quick if the OL creates the hole where it was designed, but not the best vision to find the hole. Dowdle seems to have the best vision and hits the hole quick but is easier to bring down. Williams is faster it seems and bounces it outside better, but again easier to bring down. Dowdle is the better blocker. Turner is the better receiver out of the backfield.....but all are pretty good at that.

I agree, we need them all. I say, that Mon has the hot hand right now and he should be our man. Of course this is based on his performance last week. If he is not performing in practice, stay the course.

I agree, we need them all. I say, that Mon has the hot hand right now and he should be our man. Of course this is based on his performance last week. If he is not performing in practice, stay the course.
Right. Or if he's not the running style we think will be best against the team we're about to play. I think all 4 of our possible starting RBs were capable of getting a hundred on Ole Miss. This might not even be an issue because we had two go down Sat. We might only have two available for UF.

Pretty much my analysis of Denson also. He's can hit the holes quick if the OL creates the hole where it was designed, but not the best vision to find the hole. Dowdle seems to have the best vision and hits the hole quick but is easier to bring down. Williams is faster it seems and bounces it outside better, but again easier to bring down. Dowdle is the better blocker. Turner is the better receiver out of the backfield.....but all are pretty good at that.
What I like about Mon is that he can MAKE a hole where there ain't one.

Reactions: rogue cock
Except on 4th and 1 : )

I think we need him to eat clock. We need to keep the defense off the field for more than 3 minutes at a time.
Even Big George would struggle on a 4th down when everybody on earth knows the play. I have always liked seeing an outside run to the corner sometimes, it's a yard and we know the play just out run them for a yard. Yes, I was a coach in a former life.

Reactions: 92Pony
Even Big George would struggle on a 4th down when everybody on earth knows the play. I have always liked seeing an outside run to the corner sometimes, it's a yard and we know the play just out run them for a yard. Yes, I was a coach in a former life.
I must have misunderstood your post. I thought you said he could MAKE a hold when there ain't one. There ain't one on Saturday on the 4th and 1. That said, I'm with you. I thought the play call was fine. There is no reason not to pick-up a half-yard even if they know what's coming and it's a run right up the middle.

I must have misunderstood your post. I thought you said he could MAKE a hold when there ain't one. There ain't one on Saturday on the 4th and 1. That said, I'm with you. I thought the play call was fine. There is no reason not to pick-up a half-yard even if they know what's coming and it's a run right up the middle.
Right, especially on a field where the OL can't get any push, but that happens to us on good turf too so....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT