ADVERTISEMENT

Monte Lee Fired

Monte is too good a hire for Ray. He’s looking at Wisconsin or Illinois coach. Something ridiculous like that.

Monte is too good a hire for Ray. He’s looking at Wisconsin or Illinois coach. Something ridiculous like that.
IMO, If RT would have dumped Holbrook a year or 2 sooner Monte may have been our coach. He couldn't wait in RT to decide Holbrook fate. He took the best offer to leave CofC.

He couldn’t get anything done at clemson what makes you think here would have been different ?
Not saying he would. I was just replying to poster who mentioned Tanner hiring him would be too good a hire, he would look at someone from Wisconsin etc.

RT already hired Monte once. Have him ibis break to get into coaching. Just maybe, RT knew Monte may have limits.

Some Clemson fans I know always said the Monty was a Ray Tanner plant to take down their baseball program. Monty was a failure as he didn't get their program to Muschamp or Brad Scott depths ;)

• Haha
Reactions: TAV31
I know McDonnell played at El Cid but I don't see him leaving Louisville for Taterpatch. No way O'Sullivan leaves Florida. Florida could match whatever coin the Taters throw at him. Landon may very well take that job if offered and with the money he could make I wouldn't blame him. CU ,regardless of what their fans think, is NOT an elite baseball school so they would need to roll the dice on a coach who has done well at a smaller school or pony up some major cash for a proven coach. Don't see them getting either of the top tier coaches mentioned. Here's my question, if Tanner canned Kingston tomorrow and offered Powell the job.. What would be your reaction?

I know McDonnell played at El Cid but I don't see him leaving Louisville for Taterpatch. No way O'Sullivan leaves Florida. Florida could match whatever coin the Taters throw at him. Landon may very well take that job if offered and with the money he could make I wouldn't blame him. CU ,regardless of what their fans think, is NOT an elite baseball school so they would need to roll the dice on a coach who has done well at a smaller school or pony up some major cash for a proven coach. Don't see them getting either of the top tier coaches mentioned. Here's my question, if Tanner canned Kingston tomorrow and offered Powell the job.. What would be your reaction?
No problem with me. He should be on a short list of available coaches.

Reactions: crown&cock
Easy to say "price is no object" till you find out how much it will be. The fact remains that who they want may just not want to coach there. CU is not the be all end all their fans believe it is. Lets see who they end up with first before we start saying what they will or won't get.

Reactions: TAV31
Lmao! Wether you want to admit or not, Clempzin has been a very strong and consistent winner for a very very long time. Traditionally, most years a top twenty program! Not sure where you've been the last fifty years lol.

Reactions: cockofdawn
Consistent winner does not equal elite regardless of how its spun. Cu was a consistent winner in football for a long time but until they made the playoffs and won a few big trophies most people thought Cu was a school in Georgia. The key word is Elite and they do not fall into that category in baseball.

Reactions: Cybercock
ADVERTISEMENT