ADVERTISEMENT

Monty Lee at SC

I hope this ends with Ray going back to coaching and Brad Edwards having the AD job he has worked to get

Not sure what to think about this hire. Except the taters now have mole inside usc.

Monte is a local product of Lugoff-Elgin and knows state of South Carolina baseball coaches and programs (including those in neighboring states) as well as anyone in the entire state. In fact, there likely isn't a close 2nd.

This makes sense and is a good decision by Kingston and Tanner.

Reactions: TAV31
Talent level is not our top concern imo. Makes a pretty good go-to excuse tho. Personally I dont buy it. Too many guys look good at the start of the season before they fall off. So I hope he can do more here than recruit... a lot more. Just say'n.

Talent level is not our top concern imo. Makes a pretty good go-to excuse tho. Personally I dont buy it. Too many guys look good at the start of the season before they fall off. So I hope he can do more here than recruit... a lot more. Just say'n.

talent level has been a concern

He’s taking a step back to fill in his managerial gaps. Good for him. Should only be good for us. He may be ready to lead when it’s time for Kingston to go. Forget the mole accusations. There are enough of those in BOT.

Reactions: 67gamecock
He's also putting time towards his retirement by working for a school in SC. But I think it's a really good hire in general.

I am super happy with this hire. Lee is a very good coach and will do nothing but raise the bar for our program. A certain coach better raise his game if he wants to stay.

Reactions: 67gamecock
'Welcome Home'...he got the 'Ken Hatfield' treatment after following Jack Legg.

Can hardly wait for JL (back on CU staff) to bomb the new coach. :eek:

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT