ADVERTISEMENT

more good news . clempson clobbered at NC STATE 14-6

pepsicock

Gold Member
May 12, 2006
Columbia SC Home of the Fighting Gamecocks !!!
3dgrin.r191677.gif

Yes and that pitcher that had a complete game and shutout against us lasted 1.2 innings giving up 7 earned runs.

Originally posted by scifiguy94:
Yes and that pitcher that had a complete game and shutout against us lasted 1.2 innings giving up 7 earned runs.

Just shows once again how one day you can be the hero, and the next day be the zero. He had the hot hand against us that night, but we helped him out some by not hitting well either.

Originally posted by scifiguy94:
So you're telling us Clemson peaked in late February? Yeah that'll win you a lot of championships.

Ladies & Gentlemen.......Clemmons took 2 of 3 from us. They soundly whipped us & recorded the first ever shutout vs. us @ Carolina stadium. Y'all might oughta shut up about them.

I'm sad to say it makes our pathetic effort against them AT HOME last Monday even more embarrassing!

I love them losing as much as anyone bit unless we change our name to west Virginia or nc state this really don't make me feel better about losing to them - actually getting our butts kicked by them.

Originally posted by cocky lady:

I'm sad to say it makes our pathetic effort against them AT HOME last Monday even more embarrassing!
I would agree with you if not for the fact that a Clemson series win in February has no bearing on the ultimate success of the season (see 2010 for reference if necessary). At seasons end, no one remembers how you played in February, they only remember how you play in May and June. Clemson probably peaked early again.
This post was edited on 3/9 10:26 AM by searooster

I keep seeing 2010 referenced in regard to losing to Clemson. If you think this listless bunch we have this year is even on the same planet as our 2010 team, you're smoking something good.

Originally posted by Jack_Burton:
I keep seeing 2010 referenced in regard to losing to Clemson. If you think this listless bunch we have this year is even on the same planet as our 2010 team, you're smoking something good.
Simple truth of the matter here is that neither you nor I can determine if this club has the same qualities as the 2010 team at this point of the season, just as no one, including Coach Tanner, could see those qualities in the 2010 team in early March. Tanner had to read the riot act to the 2010 team after early series losses to E Carolina and Clemson, eventually they responded as they got into the SEC schedule.

Funny how some of you guys always fall back on the "smoking something" explanation every time someone disagrees with you. Pretty good indication of your point of reference for handling any kind of personal conflict.

Originally posted by searooster:

Funny how some of you guys always fall back on the "smoking something" explanation every time someone disagrees with you. Pretty good indication of your point of reference for handling any kind of personal conflict.
lol, the pot-kettle-black detector just exploded. Every sunshine pumper on this site has used the "if you don't agree with the sunshine I'm pumping you just don't know the game" gambit 100 times.

Originally posted by cocky lady:

I would agree with you if not for the fact that a Clemson series win in February has no bearing on the ultimate success of the season (see 2010 for reference if necessary). At seasons end, no one remembers how you played in February, they only remember how you play in May and June. Clemson probably peaked early again.
This post was edited on 3/9 10:26 AM by searooster
I always remember losing to that bunch and if you think losing to them anytime anywhere don't matter you've missed the point of the rivalry.

If the point of the rivalry to you is that beating Clemson is more important than winning a CWS, then yes I missed that point and will gladly allow you to hold onto that one.

If the point of the rivalry to you is that beating Clemson is more important than winning a CWS, then yes I missed that point and will gladly allow you to hold onto that one.
They are equal.

We beat them four times in the CWS, and every one of those four they were playing to play in the National Championship.

I didn't like losing to them last weekend either, but anyone who thinks getting to Omaha isn't more important is crazy. We post years we get to Omaha on that big sign in left field, not years we beat Clemson in March.

"Ladies & Gentlemen.......Clemmons took 2 of 3 from us. They soundly whipped us & recorded the first ever shutout vs. us @ Carolina stadium. Y'all might oughta shut up about them. 3/9 8:37 AM | IP: Logged"

Waaaaaaaa!! Someone said something mean about Clemson! Waaaaaaa....sniff...sniff....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT