ADVERTISEMENT

More I think about it

sclawman77

Jun 27, 2011
It stinks losing last night but I'd be willing to bet every SEC team (including Florida) loses that super regional in Fayetteville the way they're playing. We ran into a buzzsaw.

The walks and terrible pitching was the worst part.
Disagree. The walls were not new. Personally, I thought the lazy, poor fielding and swinging away on 2-0 or 3-0 counts against struggling pitchers while watching first pitch strikes down the middle was the worst part.

Disagree. The walls were not new. Personally, I thought the lazy, poor fielding and swinging away on 2-0 or 3-0 counts against struggling pitchers while watching first pitch strikes down the middle was the worst part.
That was bad but I’ve just never seen so many loaded bases because of walks in a series

The walks and terrible pitching was the worst part.

Agree they had discipline to just lay off when our pitching could not hit the side of a barn so I give them credit, but I also felt like our pitching beat us just as much as them at certain points of certain games.

Just having fun with you...but it’s hard to swing at a 3-0 pitch after taking strike 1 down the middle ;)

Reactions: 92Pony and stnbooth
That Shaddy guy alone made us pay. They were a great team that deserved to win.

I think of it another way. We just didn’t have the depth and talent to win it all in Omaha. So with that said, I am at peace with the results and pleased with our progress.

Reactions: sadd66
It stinks losing last night but I'd be willing to bet every SEC team (including Florida) loses that super regional in Fayetteville the way they're playing. We ran into a buzzsaw.
Don't think you'd see a UF pitching staff look as bad as ours did. Overall, encouraging for the end of year correction, but we are not comparable to a number of teams right now. Yes, when we play good, we can be competitive with anyone, but we're not as deep as many teams. And while I like Kingston, he sounded like Tommy Bowden in his presser talking about how close we were, etc....coulda done without that. Just compliment the other team, say you're proud of yours, and move on for crying out loud.

Some where on the side of a lonely backroad, Holbroke as he looks at his broken down car, thinks over and over "why didn't I just hire a hitting coach".

moved on, hurts if I resume thinking about it again.
I am now focused on the following
1.) our Football Defense (especially D-line)
2.) our WR corp, our first 4 look really good.
3.) will any of the early enrollees & incoming freshmen see the field much.
3.a.)Horn will likely see playing time as speed in the secondary is always a good thing.
3.b.) Sandige you ready big boy ! time to make a name for yourself...... ;)
4.)Bentley progression, way too many weapons to not score points & control the ball up tempo and a little power ball please. manage and convert the 3rd & short.

5.) 9/8/2018, not that I am overlooking Coastal, but a lot of things will be settled this afternoon. I am taking a Red Eye home from San Diego to be there for UghA.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT