ADVERTISEMENT

More on the aftermath of Lloyd injury and what we're hearing on the RB room

His teams are never healthy. It’s uncanny.

It was a non contact injury. It happens.

There are certainly legitimate things Muschamp can be criticized for, but blaming him for a non contact injury with a player running is silly.

Other teams can have injuries and cover for them because they have quality depth. We’ve struggled with that long before Muschamp came here.

Are you suggesting that the perception that Muschamp's teams are injury prone causes more injuries? Just want to be clear.
No, however what this means in this case, is whether it be the fans, or local/national media, or superiors, how they perceive the state of the program is reality to them.
As anyone who has visited this site the past few years can attest, many beleive CWM's regimen causes injuries.

Reactions: Lakecock1
No, however what this means in this case, is whether it be the fans, or local/national media, or superiors, how they perceive the state of the program is reality to them.
As anyone who has visited this site the past few years can attest, many beleive CWM's regimen causes injuries.

Can you be specific about what aspect of "CWM's regimen" it is that causes injuries - in the view of his critics? Is it the tough, physical practices?

The reason that I ask is that I distinctly recall Coach Spurrier being criticized for placing injury risk (or the avoidance thereof) at the top of his priorities in terms of how he ran his practices.

Last edited:
Can you be specific about what aspect of "CWM's regimen" it is that causes injuries - in the view of his critics? Is it the tough, physical practices?

The reason that I ask is that I distinctly recall Coach Spurrier being criticized for placing injury risk (or the avoidance thereof) at the top of his priorities in terms of how he ran his practices.
I'm not promoting the narrative the CWM's regimen causes injuries. What I stated is that, this is the perception of many here on this board, and therefore that has become their reality.

Could be many things:

Is there a functional movement/training program in place to complement weight training. Trigger point release? Are they training all 3 planes w/ regularity: Sagittal, Frontal and Transverse? Most NFL teams use yoga and meditation as well.

Another big hitter in today's world, especially with younger people, is technology/blue light and disruption of sleep. (REM cycle) This can cause all kinds of issues over time - including chronic inflammation. Many people keep their cell phones on their bed stand too - terrible for health - radiation and disruption of sleep cycles.

How in the hell can someone blame Coach Muschamp for a non-contact injury? I get so tired of so many people on this board having a negative agenda about My Carolina and particularly Coach Muschamp. Let it go!!

It's actually pretty easy if the all-round training program {elements outlined above in previous post} is sub-par. Injuries (contact and non-contact) can be a good way to assess that quality when viewed over significant time windows.

It's actually pretty easy if the all-round training program {elements outlined above in previous post} is sub-par. Injuries (contact and non-contact) can be a good way to assess that quality when viewed over significant time windows.
I understand what your saying, and a it’s valid point. However this is a knee injury. The knee only operates in one plane, and I’d be hard pressed to think that the knee stabilizers aren’t being worked properly. I guess they could be getting overworked.

I understand what your saying, and a it’s valid point. However this is a knee injury. The knee only operates in one plane, and I’d be hard pressed to think that the knee stabilizers aren’t being worked properly. I guess they could be getting overworked.

The knee is simply the train on the track from the ankle to the hip. Improve ankle and hip mobility and knee issues are typically quiet (unless you take a direct hit to the area.)

The knee is simply the train on the track from the ankle to the hip. Improve ankle and hip mobility and knee issues are typically quiet (unless you take a direct hit to the area.)
Fair enough. We’re also talking about an injury neither one of watched occur. Did he step in a hole? Did he slip? Hard to know.

Fair enough. We’re also talking about an injury neither one of watched occur. Did he step in a hole? Did he slip? Hard to know.
Exactly. That's when it get into looking at things over the 4 year span for analysis.

The technology factor is huge as well. The NBA was having a slew of injuries- especially to younger players. One of their big hitter items was cell phone use at night. Players weren't getting 8 hours and their sleep was disturbed because the blue light was dampening melatonin and telling their brains it was 12 in the day instead of 12 at night...Doesnt matter if you are young and full of stem cells...that can wreck you in short order and leave the body susceptible to injury.

Exactly. That's when it get into looking at things over the 4 year span for analysis.

The technology factor is huge as well. The NBA was having a slew of injuries- especially to younger players. One of their big hitter items was cell phone use at night. Players weren't getting 8 hours and their sleep was disturbed because the blue light was dampening melatonin and telling their brains it was 12 in the day instead of 12 at night...Doesnt matter if you are young and full of stem cells...that can wreck you in short order and leave the body susceptible to injury.
Very interesting.

Reactions: Thirdcatgy
I can perceive that I’m not eating dog crap, but actually ice cream, but as I take a bite, the reality of the situation trumps my perception.
I have so many questions.

1. Who decided to go out and find dog crap to put in a bowl
2. Why did someone decide to go out and find dog crap to put in a bowl
3. If it was someone else aside from you, do they have a vendetta against you.
4. What did you do to incur such a vile vendetta
5. Did you see the bowl contained dog crap
6. If you did see dog crap in the bowl, and knowing it was dog crap, why did you decide to take a bite.
7. If you did see dog crap in the bowl, and still decided to take a bite, Why on earth would you tell anyone of this experience.

• Haha
Reactions: lowcountry_cock13
the all around training program was changed this past year so try something else

Does anyone know exactly how ML hurt the knee or is it still the normal guessing game under HIPA laws or some other commie BS?

Maybe not. But our program is typically not very deep. So it shows up a lot. At the end of the year the injuries excuse seems to be thrown around a lot. But doesn't every team have injuries? Why is injuries a valid excuse here but not elsewhere?
If we are not deep it’s because our recruiting. So is the recruiting bad or is it conditioning ?

Reactions: Legendary Cock
If we are not deep it’s because our recruiting. So is the recruiting bad or is it conditioning ?
this will be first year with a full 85 man roster and it wasnt on champ, it was on sos.. look for improvement just because of depth alone

this will be first year with a full 85 man roster and it wasnt on champ, it was on sos.. look for improvement just because of depth alone

Let me ask this... how was it that Champ won more games with all the "holes" that SOS left him? Yet, seems like the less and less of SOS guys he has, the worse his record becomes.... Sounds familiar right (Florida)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT