ADVERTISEMENT

Most helpless you've ever seen our defense look against an opposing team or player

Mo Williams the Kentucky rb in maybe 92, then Haley the ECU rb and a rb from Miss st. All the same year all under Wally all. That Wally Burnham defense and his superstar son playing linebacker. Ewwwww those were some sad days

ECU 56
USC 42
That was a tough one to swallow.
I think Jr. Smith had 198 yards and looked as fresh at the end as he did at the start.

The McFadden stuff, doesn't bother me he was elite and dominated, best athlete on the field by a mile.

That little sweep pass Clemson did in the 2014 game to Artavis Scott was unstoppable and embarrassing.

Tex AM was embarrassing to in 2014. Kenny Hill was not that good and his first start?

then 2015 occurred and UGA and took it to a new level.

Lambert was throwing basic slants and that was unstoppable, so pathetic by Hoke.

Lambert and Hill could not even finish the year or start the next year, not elite players at the QB position

Last edited:
Mo Williams the Kentucky rb in maybe 92, then Haley the ECU rb and a rb from Miss st. All the same year all under Wally all. That Wally Burnham defense and his superstar son playing linebacker. Ewwwww those were some sad days

That Moe Williams game was in 1995. In '92, we played at KY & lost a close, low scoring affair.

To add a couple to this list:

Barry Hannah, Oklahoma St., 84
Robert Edwards, UGa, 95
Harley, E.Carolina, 96
McFadden, Arkansas, 07
Tebow, Florida, 07
Newton, auburn, 10
Hill, a&m, 14
Speed Sweep, Clem, 14
Citadel fullback, 15

T&M 14 sticks out the most because that was the beginning of the end.

I held out hope that this game was a fluke, but it was obvious that our program regressed and we still haven't recovered.

Last year's in which Clemson slaughtered us. 56-7. The whole Tater offense was unstoppable.
Totally agree, they coulda hung 70-80 on us. Unacceptable lack of effort and physicality. The players gave up. Other glaring examples were the iso plays on Shane Burnham over the middle on a hot Athens day ,and then of course, the 4 tight end seam tds by pretty boy Whitehurst in Williams Brice..

Reactions: bdblack
Jet sweep

lorenzo-nohappy.jpg

Reactions: thisisnextyr
Tee martin's 100 straight completions or so it seemed. Too many to think of...Clemson 89, 03, 16
Fsu 1988
Florida 1995 and 2000
Tennessee 1993
Uga 2015, 1997? (Robert Edwards)
Bama 1992
Uk/moe williams
Ark jones/McFadden

Geez, why bring these memories back?

For me it was in 2007 against Darren mcfadden although you could pick any Arkansas back that night!
I was at that game in Fayettville. He and Felix ran all over us that night. We had Melvin Ingram playing middle LB as a freshman (I think) and they were killing him all night long.

Good lord.. Too many to count.

I remember pretty much every game since 2000 and I still think this past year's Clemson game was the most helpless I've ever seen a South Carolina football team. There was just never a point where I thought we had a chance

There could be some from pre-2000 that others would say are worse.

Hard to fathom how crappy you have to be to have it happen twice. Give our athletic department credit, when our teams bottom out they really bottom out.

Then 17 years later, Greyson Lambert from UGA breaks that completion record against...you guessed it: a South Carolina defense.

Then 17 years later, Greyson Lambert from UGA breaks that completion record against...you guessed it: a South Carolina defense.

I was there and I forgot about it. I had blocked Grayson Lambert out of my mind but you're right. They got us good that night

Tee martin's 100 straight completions or so it seemed. Too many to think of...Clemson 89, 03, 16
Fsu 1988
Florida 1995 and 2000
Tennessee 1993
Uga 2015, 1997? (Robert Edwards)
Bama 1992
Uk/moe williams
Ark jones/McFadden

Geez, why bring these memories back?

Florida 2000?

Robert Edwards game was in '95.

Ah, yes, the night of the famous "2001" comment by the announcer.

Remind me.

Totally agree, they coulda hung 70-80 on us. Unacceptable lack of effort and physicality. The players gave up. Other glaring examples were the iso plays on Shane Burnham over the middle on a hot Athens day ,and then of course, the 4 tight end seam tds by pretty boy Whitehurst in Williams Brice..

Clemson's "never again" game came in 1975, when Jeff Grantz destroyed them, 56-20. I think 'Bama also hung 56 on them that year.

Reactions: GTurner
What year was it that we got slaughtered by Arky in WB. It was the game that Shaw came in to relieve Garcia late in the game and got demolished by a late hit out of out bounds to get hurt. You knew on Arky's opening drive that it was going to be one of those days.

Reactions: 92Pony
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT