ADVERTISEMENT

Move Wofford to Week Zero

tron1013

Apr 21, 2004
NCAA has granted a blanket waiver on playing week zero games (link is here: https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa-allows-college-football-season-to-start-one-week-early-160411941.html). That being the case, Tanner should seriously consider moving the Wofford game from November 21st to August 29th. We always play terribly against option teams, but moving them to the first game of the year might give us more time to practice for that, and would give us a chance to get in three home non-conference games (hopefully) before we play Mizzou (hopefully). It would give us two weeks to get ready for Clemson and lessen the insanity of the November schedule - LSU, UGA, Wofford then Clemson currently. If we lose to Wofford, we can then fire 'Champ for cause and cancel the rest of the season for, uh, health reasons.

Last edited:
That may not be a good idea. Wofford gave us a hard time during the Spurrier years.

NCAA has granted a blanket waiver on playing week zero games (link is here: https://sports.yahoo.com/ncaa-allows-college-football-season-to-start-one-week-early-160411941.html). That being the case, Tanner should seriously consider moving the Wofford game from November 21st to August 29th. We always play terribly against option teams, but moving them to the first game of the year might give us more time to practice for that, and would give us a chance to get in three home non-conference games (hopefully) before we play Mizzou (hopefully). It would give us two weeks to get ready for Clemson and lessen the insanity of the November schedule - LSU, UGA, Wofford then Clemson currently. If we lose to Wofford, we can then fire 'Champ for cause and cancel the rest of the season for, uh, health reasons.
We have bigger problems if we have to worry about where Wofford is on the schedule. Js

I know people are dismissing this but I don’t think it’s a bad idea to get any game in as quickly as possible. If a season gets started, I’m not sure it gets completed. It would be wise to get any game in as soon as possible. It would also allow some flexibility if a Marlins type situation happened in college football.

I tend to think we will not have football this year but who knows

I still say whomever schedules ANY option team should be run out of town on a rail!

Reactions: Judson1
I still say whomever schedules ANY option team should be run out of town on a rail!
They have been moving away from the option and I expect them to join the ranks of the teams that have a wide-open offense in the coming years. Also, I hate them.

Reactions: 92Pony

With Mike Ayers not coaching them anymore, they are not running the option offense as much anymore if at all. They are having to do what GT did when Johnson left, it's a slow process of getting different guys in to run what they desire but it will be more of the "usually seen" offenses.

Reactions: 92Pony
They have been moving away from the option and I expect them to join the ranks of the teams that have a wide-open offense in the coming years. Also, I hate them.

LOL!!

With Mike Ayers not coaching them anymore, they are not running the option offense as much anymore if at all. They are having to do what GT did when Johnson left, it's a slow process of getting different guys in to run what they desire but it will be more of the "usually seen" offenses.

Good to know. Maybe we'll stand a chance... lol...sigh...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT