ADVERTISEMENT

Mullen says it was flu

Ahh, gotcha, hadn’t seen it. Didn’t show up in my Google search until today so I assumed it was new info.

Reactions: kappa kock
Appears to be blaming the loss on players having flu.

The lady sideline reporter mentioned it pre-game right before kickoff. I had heard rumors from a FL buddy of mine as well. I don't care though....this team, program and University NEEDED a good win and they got it no matter the circumstances.
I wouldn't care if Clemson had the flu the next 15 times we played them as long as they kept taking Losses in our series. Speaking of which...can we dispatch a designated flu spreader to Pickens County in a couple of weeks, and have them make that an annual trip?

The lady sideline reporter mentioned it pre-game right before kickoff. I had heard rumors from a FL buddy of mine as well. I don't care though....this team, program and University NEEDED a good win and they got it no matter the circumstances.
I wouldn't care if Clemson had the flu the next 15 times we played them as long as they kept taking Losses in our series. Speaking of which...can we dispatch a designated flu spreader to Pickens County in a couple of weeks, and have them make that an annual trip?
Now get ready for the self righteous to proclaim that they only want to beat the taters at their best. I say, screw that. I want to beat them every time, regardless of their situation. Lord knows a large percentage of their wins weren't earned fairly.

He will not name one player with flu like bullshit cuz most if not all is bullshit. Why would u even consider flying separate guys to the game if sick like. Why let them play? COVID symptoms also are flu like and he could have contaminated tons of people

got his ass whooped and made excuses
PERIOD

He will not name one player with flu like bullshit cuz most if not all is bullshit. Why would u even consider flying separate guys to the game if sick like. Why let them play? COVID symptoms also are flu like and he could have contaminated tons of people

PERIOD
My only concern is that if his guys had the flu, if they would/could have affected any of our players moving forward. Hopefully not. We need this “W” in CoMo.

A good follow-up question from a valid reporter—— If this is true, why did you fire the Defensive Coordinator and O-Line coaches?
That's exactly my take on it too. Why fire two coaches because of something out of their control? The only reason would be if they gave the flu to the team. No, it was not the flu but more likely it was the realization that their season "flew" away.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
Either way if they were sick during the week, you have 85 players on the roster, IVs, etc. Michael Jordan played one of his best games ever with the flu
Way back when, I attended our basketball game with LSU when Shaquille O'Neal was playing for them. It was reported that he had the flu and received 2 liters of IV fluid prior to the game. I expected a subpar performance from him. WRONG! I've seen a lot of college basketball in my days, but O'Neal remains the best I've ever seen in person. The flu didn't slow him down a bit.

Way back when, I attended our basketball game with LSU when Shaquille O'Neal was playing for them. It was reported that he had the flu and received 2 liters of IV fluid prior to the game. I expected a subpar performance from him. WRONG! I've seen a lot of college basketball in my days, but O'Neal remains the best I've ever seen in person. The flu didn't slow him down a bit.
He kicked its @$$.

Maybe Mullen should stop firing snot rockets around the team, if he will do it on national TV during a game, one can only imagine what he does behind closed doors when no one is looking. :)

180206-F-OE991-1001.JPG

A good follow-up question from a valid reporter—— If this is true, why did you fire the Defensive Coordinator and O-Line coaches?
It was already known that they were going to be fired by the end of the season. They just sped it up a little to placate the fan base.

They were so sick the starting QB injured himself in the hotel dancing. You don’t feel much like dancing when you have flu like symptoms. Dan Mullen has now completely lost his team (again) and probably his job.

• Wow
Reactions: Mr CockStrong

PERIOD
a third party (reporter) made excuses before the game?
Doesn't matter to me - I just love the win. We should get to see if our new-found ability is for real if we blow out a down Mizzou team. Otherwise....the story could have legs.

a third party (reporter) made excuses before the game?
Doesn't matter to me - I just love the win. We should get to see if our new-found ability is for real if we blow out a down Mizzou team. Otherwise....the story could have legs.

If we can't beat Mizzou the narrative that will dominate, and probably rightly so, is that UF was either not at full strength or the players had mailed it in, or both. We desperately need the Mizzou win to validate the UF win.

So they had players test positive for the flu but they still let them play. Now I realize the flu is only say 30% or 50% as deadly as covid dependent upon the age group. Maybe less it doesn't matter. The fact is people die from the flu. Every year people die from the flu.

So if we're going to have all these restrictions for covid regardless of age groups, comorbidities, likelihood of developing serious disease, community prevalence, and all the rest, how is it okay to not have them for the flu too?

Seriously, it really begs the question.

At what point do we either socially distance, isolate, and require vaccine mandates for flu shots as well as everything else for the entire population, OR... We realize that this level of control, manipulation, and perceived safety is unattainable and likely misguided?

The Gators are literally killing Grandma!

With the disparity in talent between the two teams, you can't tell me the flu makes a 43 point difference (they were favored by 20 and we won by 23). Don't you think Vegas would have sniffed that out and adjusted the line accordingly if it were true?? Vegas does not like losing.

Before you trash them for playing large groups of kids with the flu, keep in mind we did it at LSU (2012 maybe?). Difference is we were competitive in the game. Lost by three I think.

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
That's exactly my take on it too. Why fire two coaches because of something out of their control? The only reason would be if they gave the flu to the team. No, it was not the flu but more likely it was the realization that their season "flew" away.
Maybe they’re the ones who spread the flu to the players.....yeah that’s it.

Before you trash them for playing large groups of kids with the flu, keep in mind we did it at LSU (2012 maybe?). Difference is we were competitive in the game. Lost by three I think.
Lol. I'm not trashing them for one thing. Just pointing out the inconsistencies about covid protocol as it relates to another deadly highly communicable respiratory ailment.

We've never heard of covid-19 in 2012 and certainly no one walked around social distancing or with mask on to prevent the flu's spread.

Alyssa Lang?

She's a USC graduate.

My satisfaction isn't diminished one bit. I'd be OK if all three of our remaining opponents got the flu - or food poisoning. Those are just the vicissitudes of life.
^^^ One of my favorite posters...

vi·cis·si·tude
/vəˈsisəˌt(y)o͞od/
noun
a change of circumstances or fortune, typically one that is unwelcome or unpleasant.
"her husband's sharp vicissitudes of fortune"

ADVERTISEMENT