ADVERTISEMENT

Muschamp knows talent.

GamecockJL

Gold Member
Aug 30, 2015
Jarrad Davis 2 star
Quincy Wilson 4 star
Teez Tabor 5 star

Hopefully one or two of these linebackers we signed in the last class can be a Jarrad Davis. Muschamp can evaluate talent very well regardless of stars which will limit misses in recruiting overall. Look at our 2013-2015 classes. Those classes had nearly a 70% bust rate with nearly everyone transferring out.

Last edited:
Jarrad Davis 2 star
Quincy Wilson 4 star
Teez Tabor 5 star

Hopefully one or two of these linebackers we signed in the last class can be a Jarrad Davis. Muschamp can evaluate talent very well regardless of stars which will limit misses in recruiting overall. Look at our 2013-2015 classes. Those classes had nearly a 70% bust rate with nearly everyone transferring out.

He did not evaluate well at Florida, lets see what he can do here first.

Reactions: dbowers2008
He did not evaluate well at Florida, lets see what he can do here first.
??? You mean he didn't evaluate QB well at Florida right? Every other position was and is loaded. He only had Roper for one season at Florida, and I can tell that he's getting this offense in gear and on the same page based off the spring game.

Jarrad Davis 2 star
Quincy Wilson 4 star
Teez Tabor 5 star

Recruiting woes started before 2013. After landing Clowney in 2011 how many solid DE's did we land??? After 4 years of Whammy and 3 with Adams recruiting defense it went to hell way faster than the time it took Ellis to build it.
Same can be said for Magnus and Jr recruiting the offense. Hell, if Shaw's dad didn't reach out to Spurrier we never would have had the three 11 win seasons. And after Shaw, and you could include Thompson since he did a good enough job to win, what have we had at QB? Bottom line is we had a series of fortunate events, starting with EJ and Beamer convincing Gilmore, Holloman and a few others to commit which lead to more instate players following, that lead us to those winning seasons...because it sure wasn't due to the rest of the staff recruiting or evaluating talent.

So yes, it's really nice to see a group of coaches that aren't just here to draw a check and ride out the wave of a legend in his final years that wouldn't know talent if it slap them in the head, body slammed them and tea bagged em before they spit on em.

Only problem is the taters just made our rebuilding much tougher. I just hope Boom and crew can find a way to win a few this season and begin to turn the tide on recruiting.
Landing a few from this group would be a huge leap forward! Thanks for posting.

??? You mean he didn't evaluate QB well at Florida right? Every other position was and is loaded. He only had Roper for one season at Florida, and I can tell that he's getting this offense in gear and on the same page based off the spring game.

No I mean in general. Thanks for playing.

Reactions: flyfisher29640
We are fortunate to have Coach Muschamp and this staff working for us. Not only do they have the eye to recognize a player's potential, they know how to develop the talent and make them great players and winners. Every position has a great coach and the future is bright.

Muschamp and his coaches are working their asses off, 24/7. We lived off of SOS's rep and play calling through those three 11 win seasons, but as many have posted, it was a bunch of lazy ass recruiting and dumb coaching for much afterwards, they all got fat cat syndrome. Champ and crew are still hungry and motivated, don't know if they will ever find the success of several 11 win seasons like SOS did, but it won't be because of laziness if they fail. I support this bunch of coaches more than any I have followed since I became a fan, in 1989. I respect these coaches across the board, let's get behind them.

Let me say to all of you folks drooling over Muschamp and his staff's ability to recruit, that's only half of the equation. Coaching them and developing them properly once they get here is even more important in my eyes. Isn't it interesting that everyone is piling on Holbrook, with some justification, but Muschamp hasn't proven jack-crap to me either with his recruiting or developmental coaching. Until that sucker makes me forget 56-7 and the most uninspired, lackadaisical performance I've ever seen by a Gamecock football team in 40+ years, I ain't on the lemonade bandwagon with some of you other dudes!

Let me say to all of you folks drooling over Muschamp and his staff's ability to recruit, that's only half of the equation. Coaching them and developing them properly once they get here is even more important in my eyes. Isn't it interesting that everyone is piling on Holbrook, with some justification, but Muschamp hasn't proven jack-crap to me either with his recruiting or developmental coaching. Until that sucker makes me forget 56-7 and the most uninspired, lackadaisical performance I've ever seen by a Gamecock football team in 40+ years, I ain't on the lemonade bandwagon with some of you other dudes!
So you're waiting for the band wagon?;)

Yes Muschamp is a good evaluator...He and his staff are working hard...The real question is will he cheat wisely to compete with the championship programs...You win with the players you sign and develop...You can't sell 7-6, 3-9, 6-7 well enough to compete without cheating...We are on the worst sanction the NCAA has..'LOSING'

So you're waiting for the band wagon?;)
LOL! Not only waiting, but wanting and hoping that Boom will convince me to jump on that bandwagon. He can only do that by showing results on the field, not promising, nor working hard (you can work hard doing the wrong things), nor signing 5 stars or 4 stars who may or not produce. The last regular season game was the worst disaster I've ever witnessed in 40+ years of watching GC football, and Boom had a whole season to at least inspire them to give a reasonable effort against their rival!

I was reviewing Mitch Trubisky recruiting due to the NFL Draft. He committed to NC in 2013 at the pinnacle of our success.

I was thinking he was from NC and didnt know he was from Ohio.

I didn't see any interest from our staff but we had Connor Mitch who our previous staff loved.

Any ways i noticed Alabama was involved and area recruiter was Lance Thompson, and Bama could go anywhere did not have to recruit a 3 star rivals rated 53 in the state of Ohio by rivals, so this reinforces that i like the way this staff evaluates talent.

And my man crush on Rod and Lance Thompson will continue.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tiger71

Muschamp didn't take over the #1 program in the entire land like Holbroke did. I'm prepared to give him 5 years, provided he beats Clem this season or next.

Our baseball and football program at the time the coaches took over were different Ferrari, Holbrook was given a real Ferrari and is driving the Ferrari into the wall

crash.gif

Mean while Muschamp was given a toy Ferrari he may not have quite expected and it will take a little while to upgrade

Horrible+car+crash+hope+he+is+alive_f8b3bc_4758098.gif

Last edited:
We definitely need a better character and talent evaluator here. Way too many busts and too many players with no heart or discipline. It is very frustrating.
I know I'm a broken record but Spurrier quit after he got Clowney. The sooner they remove his picture and name from the stadium the sooner I will be happy about it.

Reactions: freekoffhisleash
We will see about Muschamp. I truly want to believe that he is an excellent recruiter and evaluator of talent. And a great developer of talent. But I just can't get it out of my head that we are asking a guy that couldn't win at Florida to win at USC.

I was reviewing Mitch Trubisky recruiting since he committed to NC in 2013 when we should of been taking advantage of our success, of course, i didnt know he was from Ohio, didn't see any interest from Junior or that staff but we had Connor Mitch who that staff took as the QB.

Any ways i noticed Alabama was involved and area recruiter was Lance Thompson, and Bama could go anywhere did not have to recruit a 3 star rivals rated 53 in the state of Ohio by rivals, so yeah i like the way this staff evaluates talent.

And my man crush on Rod and Lance Thompson will continue

I'm going to take a wild guess here and say you're not a "gradstudent" in the English department.

I'm going to take a wild guess here and say you're not a "gradstudent" in the English department.

No I did not major in English, thanks for showing a interest, I will do some editing.

I'm more well known for my awesome, well timed, usually entertaining, gif's then the content of my posts.

Last edited:
LOL! Not only waiting, but wanting and hoping that Boom will convince me to jump on that bandwagon. He can only do that by showing results on the field, not promising, nor working hard (you can work hard doing the wrong things), nor signing 5 stars or 4 stars who may or not produce. The last regular season game was the worst disaster I've ever witnessed in 40+ years of watching GC football, and Boom had a whole season to at least inspire them to give a reasonable effort against their rival!
I head ya...lol. I hope it's the last time we ever go into Clemson with the deer in the headlight look too.

Our baseball and football program at the time the coaches took over were different Ferrari, Holbrook was given a real Ferrari and is driving the Ferrari into the wall

crash.gif

Mean while Muschamp was given a toy Ferrari he may not have quite expected and it will take a little while to upgrade

Horrible+car+crash+hope+he+is+alive_f8b3bc_4758098.gif

Perfectly done.

But I just can't get it out of my head that we are asking a guy that couldn't win at Florida to win at USC.

I have this problem too.

I'm more well known for my awesome, well timed, usually entertaining, gif's then the content of my posts.

And for being an excellent apprentice.

Muschamp and his coaches are no doubt working hard on the recruiting trail but let's be honest, it was easier for him to recruit top tier talent to Florida and Auburn and even Texas. They will need to develop the talent we have now and what he has coming in so we can get some better seasons under our belt. Long way to go right now, but the east is down at the present time.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
We will see about Muschamp. I truly want to believe that he is an excellent recruiter and evaluator of talent. And a great developer of talent. But I just can't get it out of my head that we are asking a guy that couldn't win at Florida to win at USC.

revisionist history...he won at UF..His first season was 8 wins, his 2nd was 11 and a sugarbowl trip...he hit a lull due to Urban Meyer's thugs being arrested and kicked off...After that he was not allowed to retool and continue...No excuses, just the truth...Boom got a raw deal in Florida..Let's hope tanner got this right...he will be given time at USC

Muschamp and his coaches are no doubt working hard on the recruiting trail but let's be honest, it was easier for him to recruit top tier talent to Florida and Auburn and even Texas. They will need to develop the talent we have now and what he has coming in so we can get some better seasons under our belt. Long way to go right now, but the east is down at the present time.

Even Texas? Texas should be the easiest place to recruit to in the country. They are not an afterthought behind UF and Aubie.

Reactions: Rod Dangerfield
I had the same feeling when he was hired, but there may have been more to the Florida story than we know. 1. He has energy and enthusiasm. 2. he gets it that recruiting is the life blood of a program. 3. It's now or never.

He is driven to succeed. I am giving him my support. Look , it took Martin 5 years with little optimism until March of this year. It takes a little time.

That's common sense speaking to you. A change of scenery and different organization could do it alone, but that remains to be seen. So far it's time to pull up the reigns a bit. Nothing has really happened yet and what is happening is far from greatness... right now

Is he coaching to raise NFL talent or win games? That is why he was let go Thanks for playing.
We're talking about talent evaluation. The statement was that he was good at finding talented kids. Your response is that he didn't. Now you want to change the discussion to the games he won or lost at Florida? Take your straw man argument elsewhere, and thanks for playing.

We definitely need a better character and talent evaluator here. Way too many busts and too many players with no heart or discipline. It is very frustrating.

The part with no heart is the most frustrating thing to me. I realize it takes talent to win but with no heart talent or not one is not going to be successful.

The part with no heart is the most frustrating thing to me. I realize it takes talent to win but with no heart talent or not one is not going to be successful.
The no heart bit is more likely players taking on the characteristics of their coach. Coach stopped giving a damn so the players did too. Getting out of that habit is hard. Also kids who do give a damn would see that the coach doesn't care as much and probably not come here to begin with.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
ADVERTISEMENT