ADVERTISEMENT

Muschamp knows talent.

We're talking about talent evaluation. The statement was that he was good at finding talented kids. Your response is that he didn't. Now you want to change the discussion to the games he won or lost at Florida? Take your straw man argument elsewhere, and thanks for playing.

Ha! Wrong again!

Yes Muschamp is a good evaluator...He and his staff are working hard...The real question is will he cheat wisely to compete with the championship programs...
6f498cd359506923a00d7779586be991.gif

Let me say to all of you folks drooling over Muschamp and his staff's ability to recruit, that's only half of the equation. Coaching them and developing them properly once they get here is even more important in my eyes. Isn't it interesting that everyone is piling on Holbrook, with some justification, but Muschamp hasn't proven jack-crap to me either with his recruiting or developmental coaching. Until that sucker makes me forget 56-7 and the most uninspired, lackadaisical performance I've ever seen by a Gamecock football team in 40+ years, I ain't on the lemonade bandwagon with some of you other dudes!

Very true...other than Texas, he hasn't done anything impressive. He stunk it up at Florida, where it lies within the middle of a recruiting hotbed, then had the worst defense in the SEC at Auburn in '15, then the (non)performance vs Clemson in '16 and the bowl game. Nothing wrong with supporting him and hoping he will do well, but he has a to prove in my eyes.

Reactions: NooNoo
Muschamp had an over .500 record at Florida which was riddled with injuries and bad offensive coordinators. How many of his recruits at Florida were just drafted? I would say he needs a good 3 years here to turn the tide. Spurrier is responsible for our lack luster defense with poor recruiting.

Jarrad Davis 2 star
Quincy Wilson 4 star
Teez Tabor 5 star

Have you noticed recently we are the first to offer kids and then shortly after Alabama comes around?

Hopefully one or two of these linebackers we signed in the last class can be a Jarrad Davis. Muschamp can evaluate talent very well regardless of stars which will limit misses in recruiting overall. Look at our 2013-2015 classes. Those classes had nearly a 70% bust rate with nearly everyone transferring out.

Muschamp had an insane number of injuries at Florida.

Point I want to make is maybe he ran practices that were just too intense, and maybe he learned something from that.

Look I'm not an exercise science person, but people are different. A lot of the fast twitch guys are noticeably prone to injury period, let alone fatiguing out and being more likely to get injured from that alone.

I'm saying that 18 year old Muschamp maybe could run around in the heat for four hours, suck it up and go, and he was durable enough to do it.

But Deebo is asking for a hamstring injury if he does. I'm glad Muschamp is using that Ramp or Catapult (or whatever it is called) monitoring system now.

But there was something really screwy about that injury streak down in Florida. Either he had bum luck from hades or it had something to do with how he ran practices.

Hopefully one or two of these linebackers we signed in the last class can be a Jarrad Davis. Muschamp can evaluate defensive talent very well regardless of stars which will limit misses in recruiting overall.

FIFY. Muschamp is very good at defense and evaluating defensive players. He will ruin your offense, interfere with the choices there, and want a boring ground game that helps out the defense.

FIFY. Muschamp is very good at defense and evaluating defensive players. He will ruin your offense, interfere with the choices there, and want a boring ground game that helps out the defense.
Our offense is a step and a half ahead of the defense right now. Muschamp and McClendon have turned around our receiving corp in no time at all. QB looks fairly good under Roper too. We have a few good capable running backs as well. O Line is our major concern as far as the offense goes.

Our offense is a step and a half ahead of the defense right now. Muschamp and McClendon have turned around our receiving corp in no time at all. QB looks fairly good under Roper too. We have a few good capable running backs as well. O Line is our major concern as far as the offense goes.

Maybe Roper will run interference. I think long term you will see that Muschamp gets great defensive players, both highly rated and hidden gems, but screws up the offensive side. Maybe he will learn or his OC will prevent him this time. I have my doubts. I love Muschamp as a person and he infects the whole team with enthusiasm. Somehow he has not put it all together yet.

The last regular season game was the worst disaster I've ever witnessed in 40+ years of watching GC football, and Boom had a whole season to at least inspire them to give a reasonable effort against their rival!
I'm surprised you feel that way. We (a 6-5 team with only 8 total starters returning from the previous season) lost on the road to the number 1 team in the country by a score of 56-7. Yes, it hurt. But do you remember the Navy game. When we were 9-0 and the #2 team in the nation. 6000 gamecock fans had already purchased their New Years Day Orange Bowl tickets. Navy beat us 38-21, and gave Navy a season record of 4-5-1.

I'm surprised you feel that way. We (a 6-5 team with only 8 total starters returning from the previous season) lost on the road to the number 1 team in the country by a score of 56-7. Yes, it hurt. But do you remember the Navy game. When we were 9-0 and the #2 team in the nation. 6000 gamecock fans had already purchased their New Years Day Orange Bowl tickets. Navy beat us 38-21, and gave Navy a season record of 4-5-1.

billydeew_zpsb3cbb318.gif

revisionist history...he won at UF..His first season was 8 wins, his 2nd was 11 and a sugarbowl trip...he hit a lull due to Urban Meyer's thugs being arrested and kicked off...After that he was not allowed to retool and continue...No excuses, just the truth...Boom got a raw deal in Florida..Let's hope tanner got this right...he will be given time at USC
So he did well until urbans kids left?

You can say that now but I don't think that will be an accurate statement over the next 3 seasons at South Carolina.

The image you are describing will be a mythical distant memory.

You can say that now but I don't think that will be an accurate statement over the next 3 seasons at South Carolina.

The image you are describing will be a mythical distant memory.

Let's hope so, but that has been his pattern.

They were not the number one team when we played them.

They were not the number one team when we played them.
They won the title. They were the best team in the country. I can't argue the point any more than that. Doesn't matter what their ranking was when we played them. It's the same team that beat Bama in one of the best championship games I've ever seen.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT