ADVERTISEMENT

Muschamp rant

This is kinda funny to me. I'd be willing to bet that at least 80-90% of those above saying Muschamp sucks, and fire him, and whatever else, are the very same who say anybody who says those things about the President are unpatriotic and not good Americans. Yet when called out for not being a good Gamecock fan, they defend their right to give their opinions. I've been guilty of similar stuff so not pointing fingers just food for thought.

It’s kind of funny to me you would conflate people complaining about a losing football coach and people pulling down statues of our founding fathers.

Reactions: vacock#
WM basically has one more year to keep his job, imo of course. I like him, he works his ass off, however the measure of any coach is more wins, less losses.

I hope he can get it done. A mere 12 years ago, WM was about the hottest college head coaching candidate out there. UF thought so anyway. He was THE GUY. His HC resume, to date, had been lukewarm at best!

Again, I hope he can win 7-8 games, assuming we even play in 2020. Anything less than that probably puts him on a substantially hot seat. His saving grace might be a shortened/no season, with vastly reduced revenue, making his buyout his trump card?

Do the “ he sucks “ crowd really think he would just bring in elite talent from the get go? At South Carolina where even Spurrier took years to get top players like Clowney and Lattimore etc. Actually the class with Lattimore was far from a highly ranked class
Spurrier averaged 7 wins a year until he finally got the 9-5 season
So sure we can keep insulting each coach we hire unless they win big and recruit big immediately. Muschamp may not end up having success but he’s finally got a OC we hope can utilize talents like Lloyd and Hillinski and Doty etc We have recruited well on defense lately and have depth on DL
Many will just go quick with the he sucks comments. Others will see how difficult it is to recruit here and it takes time
Either way if he does not turn the corner ASAP we will obviously start over again with new staff
Dawn Staley and ray tanner say you can recruit and build a winner here. We should never have hired a coach that no other team in our conference would have hired as a head coach after he crapped the bed at Florida its really that simple

Just watched the UNC game and the Florida games today from last year. There were a myriad of reasons we lost those two, but three that jumped out at me was bad passes and drops at critical moments, multiple penalties at critical moments, and a coach whose pucker factor is off the chart when coaching with a lead. He coaches scared and the more he is on the hot seat, the worse it is becoming.

This is kinda funny to me. I'd be willing to bet that at least 80-90% of those above saying Muschamp sucks, and fire him, and whatever else, are the very same who say anybody who says those things about the President are unpatriotic and not good Americans. Yet when called out for not being a good Gamecock fan, they defend their right to give their opinions. I've been guilty of similar stuff so not pointing fingers just food for thought.

One is political and the other is just sports. To compare the two is to lose a sense of the magnitude of the differences. With that said, in both instances though, posters should be able to be thoughtful and critical - that is sometimes lacking on this board.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT