ADVERTISEMENT

Muschamp rant

BobbyBReloaded1975

Oct 26, 2019
Just thinking about this while having a few cold ones with buddy’s last night ... Do you feel like we got all the bad qualities of Muschamp and very little of the good ones ?? Hear me out . None of us were overly excited about this hire but glass half full self said “Well he will bring in elite talent , he will put an aggressive tough nosed defense on the field and he will bring a lot of fire and energy to a team that frankly needed their asses kicked a little .” In all honesty .. any of y’all seeing any of that ?? We are recruiting ok but middle of the pack , Our defense has been average to downright terrible and he looks like a whipped puppy on the sidelines and in post game conferences 90% of the time . We knew he would struggle to score points , or out coach anybody and put any type of offensive game plan in place but maybe he would out scrap and out hustle a few better teams . Other than the UGA game not seeing it . Thoughts ??

Reactions: Lurker123
Do the “ he sucks “ crowd really think he would just bring in elite talent from the get go? At South Carolina where even Spurrier took years to get top players like Clowney and Lattimore etc. Actually the class with Lattimore was far from a highly ranked class
Spurrier averaged 7 wins a year until he finally got the 9-5 season
So sure we can keep insulting each coach we hire unless they win big and recruit big immediately. Muschamp may not end up having success but he’s finally got a OC we hope can utilize talents like Lloyd and Hillinski and Doty etc We have recruited well on defense lately and have depth on DL
Many will just go quick with the he sucks comments. Others will see how difficult it is to recruit here and it takes time
Either way if he does not turn the corner ASAP we will obviously start over again with new staff

Do the “ he sucks “ crowd really think he would just bring in elite talent from the get go? At South Carolina where even Spurrier took years to get top players like Clowney and Lattimore etc. Actually the class with Lattimore was far from a highly ranked class
So sure we can keep insulting each coach we hire unless they win big and recruit big immediately. Muschamp may not end up having success but he’s finally got a OC we hope can utilize talents like Lloyd and Hillinski and Doty etc We have recruited well on defense lately and have depth on DL
Many will just go quick with the he sucks comments. Others will see how difficult it is to recruit here and it takes time
Either way if he does not turn the corner ASAP we will obviously start over again with new staff
That’s fine but how long do you think you should allow? How do you define progress? What indicates that it isn’t working?

All of that is fine but it’s ignoring the fact that he’s simply repeating what he did at Florida. Claiming he was left a mess and then only having success with the mess he inherited and having worse results with his guys. At a certain point a pattern becomes a rule.

I agree with you . Nobody has recruited lights out here . My point is this was what Muschamp was hanging his hat on in the interview process . This was his ace in the hole because other than that his HC resume from his time at Florida was awful. So my point is if he can’t out recruit other coaches what is he here for ?? He can’t develop players , he can’t build an offense or even hire an OC that can , he can’t win consistently against top 25 opponents . I know recruiting at USC is an uphill battle but this was his knockout punch . Doty , Lloyd and Burch look like studs but we said the same thing about Jake , Otre , Hillinski (jury is still out) etc etc . Bottomline is until that put up W’s it means nothing . Two years ago we barely stayed above .500 with two NFL first rounders and a 3 year starter at QB . Just don’t expect much this year .

Thus far, he has taken over a bad team and after 4 years has turned it into a bad team. He should have won 6 or 7 last season. He seems utterly clueless at times. Talks a great game, coaches a poor one.

Yeah I think the last time we played UGA at home did it more me . I really thought we had a prayer and they just bludgeoned us on national TV with a lot of hype . They were a talented team but it was an absolute mismatch . That and the Collapse in the Swamp did it or me .

Reactions: Legendary Cock

That all sounds good, but when do you see that corner turned. USC has about five teams on the schedule that they are miles behind in recruiting. And another in Tennessee that is catching up to the pack faster than USC is. Bottom line, when you are just picking up the guys left that the big boys don't want, you aren't closing the gap on anybody that matters. Because of such little tradition, maybe it can't be done at USC. But I think it is obvious, and should have been from the day Ray considered hiring him, if Muschamp couldn't win big at a place like UF did anyone really expect him to win big in Columbia? Just like with a lot of recruits, USC got the coach left standing after other schools picked over the better options.

I don’t see why we think a new OC will make a difference. Please explain it to me.

So you are happy with Muschamp? You are satisfied with his progress and believe this is as good as it gets for SC? You think Clemson decided that losing to SC was okay? You think Clemson decided, "oh well, allowing 70 points to West Virginia is just part of the game?"

If so, fans like you ARE the problem.

Let’s pretend year 1 was really year zero, and year 2 was really year 1 where our D had their best year and we were able to over come turn overs by the O more than our share. The most recent 2 years Kinlaw and hard to argue any other superstars on D, Bryan Edwards on O & a punter.......
Courtesy of year zero, this will be year 4 ( we know it’s technically 5;), but we didn’t exactly start this coach off with much of a foundation (besides an injured Skai Moore). There seems to finally be more pieces........ results this year (or next year if next year becomes this year), should be the bench mark and is there enough to build on going forward. Lots of Freshman with some fanfare attached....

Reactions: sclawman77
4 wins in year 4. He sucks. Hardly any quality wins in 4 seasons as well outside of UGA and maybe Michigan in bowl game.

I don’t see why we think a new OC will make a difference. Please explain it to me.
I think Bobo is a proven OC. Granted, he did it with UGA talent but SC also has some talent on the O-side of the ball. Muschamp's hiring of McClendon as OC was based on exactly a quarter and a half of good football in SC's bowl win over a Michigan team that imploded.

Reactions: cadcock
I like Muschamp and he sure acts and talks like a big time college football coach. But results don’t lie. He needs to get it going ASAP. Unfortunately hiring a OC that has been dismissed from a weak program doesn’t give me a bunch of hope to get it turned around. But I will always cheer for the Gamecocks while I hope we can escape our mediocrity status.

That all sounds good, but when do you see that corner turned. USC has about five teams on the schedule that they are miles behind in recruiting. And another in Tennessee that is catching up to the pack faster than USC is. Bottom line, when you are just picking up the guys left that the big boys don't want, you aren't closing the gap on anybody that matters. Because of such little tradition, maybe it can't be done at USC. But I think it is obvious, and should have been from the day Ray considered hiring him, if Muschamp couldn't win big at a place like UF did anyone really expect him to win big in Columbia? Just like with a lot of recruits, USC got the coach left standing after other schools picked over the better options.
I’ve been at this a long time (Carolina supporter, apologist, booster) whatever one would call me.
One statement in the above,post;”maybe it just can’t be done here” resonated with me. After 68 years of thinking, hoping and praying I have come to the conclusion that it can’t be done here.

I honestly envy your attitude. I really wish I could ignore the obvious and remain hopeful but meh....Muschamp...meh...

Let’s pretend year 1 was really year zero, and year 2 was really year 1 where our D had their best year and we were able to over come turn overs by the O more than our share. The most recent 2 years Kinlaw and hard to argue any other superstars on D, Bryan Edwards on O & a punter.......
Courtesy of year zero, this will be year 4 ( we know it’s technically 5;), but we didn’t exactly start this coach off with much of a foundation (besides an injured Skai Moore). There seems to finally be more pieces........ results this year (or next year if next year becomes this year), should be the bench mark and is there enough to build on going forward. Lots of Freshman with some fanfare attached....
I actually view it entirely differently. I see less talent...almost everywhere. Its no coincidence the records are getting worse.

Honestly if not for Florida I think we could cut him more slack . Problem is pretty much every issue he had at Florida followed him here . Lack of offensive player development, Poor game day coaching , failure to put points on the board , insane injury issues . Here’s the point that keeps sticking in my head .... you got fired from a blue chip program because you couldn’t score points so what do you do ..., you hire the same guy who helped get you fired at Florida as OC ?!!! He doesn’t work out so you hire a guy who literally has zero experience as an OC ?!? It’s stuff like this that just miffs me . Another thing that always bothered me .. remember when the reporter asked Deebo about going up against Deandre Baker in the 2018 UGA game ?? Remember his response ?! “Who”. Either that was Deebo being incredibly cocky or the coaches were woefully inept . If Nick Saban’s star WR is going up against a two time all American CB I’m pretty he would know every little detail . What happened ?? Baker totally eliminates Deebo and has a pick six on our first offensive possession. That’s the stuff that irks me .

Whatever he is, he's ours right now. I will give him 100% support, but I want to see some light at the end of the tunnel when we play again. If not, then an easy decision must be made.

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
I think Bobo is a proven OC. Granted, he did it with UGA talent but SC also has some talent on the O-side of the ball. Muschamp's hiring of McClendon as OC was based on exactly a quarter and a half of good football in SC's bowl win over a Michigan team that imploded.
The guy failed at Florida with Charlie Weiss and NFL coaching talent at OC. I am just tired of excuses.

I’ve been at this a long time (Carolina supporter, apologist, booster) whatever one would call me.
One statement in the above,post;”maybe it just can’t be done here” resonated with me. After 68 years of thinking, hoping and praying I have come to the conclusion that it can’t be done here.

I definitely disagree since CU won a national championship I think we can too. If we can’t then you are saying that a school to the north until you smell it and west until you step in it is better? Nay, nay, I say.

If the problem is the AD or board, then change them.

when our most reliable short yardage play was a TE sweep (Hurst), and the Deebo sweep, last year short yardage ummm.... If Bobo can assist in correcting these, and the youthful size in conjunction with our upperclassmen and experience on D & I say this carefully "depth", there is a chance to have a 7plus win season or better if we actually have a productive identity on offense. The concern is we are already asking for too many stars to line up, and replacing a great punter that can't be dismissed.

I still have faith that it can. Look at Clemson. They weren't any better than USCs current status in the early years of Dabo. Mack Brown has sure changed the recruiting landscape of a UNC program that has basically been mediocre, and been through a number of coaches, over the years since Mack left. And although they have more tradition, but little of recent years that would impress recruits, Pruitt is getting it done at UT. So with the right guy, it can be done. But finding the right guy is the trick. Maybe you take a chance. But just don't think you settle for a guy that already proved he couldn't cut it at a shingle school where you select as much as you actually recruit

when our most reliable short yardage play was a TE sweep (Hurst), and the Deebo sweep, last year short yardage ummm.... If Bobo can assist in correcting these, and the youthful size in conjunction with our upperclassmen and experience on D & I say this carefully "depth", there is a chance to have a 7plus win season or better if we actually have a productive identity on offense. The concern is we are already asking for too many stars to line up, and replacing a great punter that can't be dismissed.
This has more to do with our oline and no changes have been made there.

Just thinking about this while having a few cold ones with buddy’s last night ... Do you feel like we got all the bad qualities of Muschamp and very little of the good ones ?? Hear me out . None of us were overly excited about this hire but glass half full self said “Well he will bring in elite talent , he will put an aggressive tough nosed defense on the field and he will bring a lot of fire and energy to a team that frankly needed their asses kicked a little .” In all honesty .. any of y’all seeing any of that ?? We are recruiting ok but middle of the pack , Our defense has been average to downright terrible and he looks like a whipped puppy on the sidelines and in post game conferences 90% of the time . We knew he would struggle to score points , or out coach anybody and put any type of offensive game plan in place but maybe he would out scrap and out hustle a few better teams . Other than the UGA game not seeing it . Thoughts ??

The ONLY reason Mucshamp is still the head coach at South Carolina is because of the totally insane buyout he was given by Ray Tanner. Everyone should be outraged by it and calling for Tanner's resignation. Gamecock Football will continue to wallow in medicrity at best for at least the next several years. At a school like South Carolina, the most important measurement in how the AD is doing his/her job is the condition of the football program. At SC, Tanner fails.

Football program under Muschamp trending in wrong direction.

Muschamp sucks, he will never win as a head coach, and our next season with him (2020 or 2021) is garbage time waiting to fire him

Should title

Title should read as “Rant about Muschamp”

Should title

Title should read as “Rant about Muschamp”

This is kinda funny to me. I'd be willing to bet that at least 80-90% of those above saying Muschamp sucks, and fire him, and whatever else, are the very same who say anybody who says those things about the President are unpatriotic and not good Americans. Yet when called out for not being a good Gamecock fan, they defend their right to give their opinions. I've been guilty of similar stuff so not pointing fingers just food for thought.

Why not, Mack Brown is doing it at a basketball school in basketball conference

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT