ADVERTISEMENT

Muschamps locker room speech last week?

gamecockfan04

Aug 13, 2003
I remember him saying after the Ole miss win, that "you know what a win means? See ya Tuesday".
Why in the hell would you give the guys a Monday off after just giving up 600+yards? I just don't get his coaching tactics. His defenses have been some of the worst fundamental coached defenses I've witnessed in the garnet and black in my 40 years and cannot for the life of me understand why he is considered and great defensive coach.

I remember him saying after the Ole miss win, that "you know what a win means? See ya Tuesday".
Why in the hell would you give the guys a Monday off after just giving up 600+yards? I just don't get his coaching tactics. His defenses have been some of the worst fundamental coached defenses I've witnessed in the garnet and black in my 40 years and cannot for the life of me understand why he is considered and great defensive coach.

Well we don’t have the talent and if we keep getting owned by Kentucky and blowing games like yesterday we will never get the recruits we need

Talent and basic fundamentals are total separate issues. Trying to strip the ball rather than tackle, taking bad angles, staying in your gaps, arm tackling, not wrapping up... Etc ... That's coaching!

Last edited:
I heard that too. Was thinking that meant they only practiced Tues, Wed, Thursday because they traveled Friday

I think a lot of this locker room stuff is staged for the media team. Not that the guys didn’t really get Monday off but I’d be interested to see what that really meant. Can’t imgaine they weren’t watching film at least.

As many injuries as we had against Ole Miss the extra day with no contact probably was a wise decision. Keep in mind we were up 17. This staff knew what to do to win the game. We just stopped tackling and playing disciplined on defense and the philosophy of our coach contributed to all of it. But that’s not a prep thing...just who he is and has been up to this point as well as who we’ve been this year defensively.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT