ADVERTISEMENT

My answer: yes, they can.

houstongamecock

Sep 5, 2000
Aaron Fitt:
It seems hard to fathom the idea that South Carolina could finish 13th or 14th in the SEC (everybody else makes it to Hoover), but the Gamecocks are 6-9 in the league and just a game out of last place. And as you pointed out, that remaining schedule is hard. But at least the Vandy and LSU series are at home, and there are also two very winnable series against the two teams tied for last place, Tennessee and Auburn. Obviously, those are must-win for South Carolina. The way the Gamecocks are playing right now, my faith in their ability to turn it around and make a run has been shaken. But I'm not writing them off completely yet. They can't possibly be this bad… can they?

Originally posted by houstongamecock:
Aaron Fitt:
It seems hard to fathom the idea that South Carolina could finish 13th or 14th in the SEC (everybody else makes it to Hoover), but the Gamecocks are 6-9 in the league and just a game out of last place. And as you pointed out, that remaining schedule is hard. But at least the Vandy and LSU series are at home, and there are also two very winnable series against the two teams tied for last place, Tennessee and Auburn. Obviously, those are must-win for South Carolina. The way the Gamecocks are playing right now, my faith in their ability to turn it around and make a run has been shaken. But I'm not writing them off completely yet. They can't possibly be this bad… can they?
Yes, they really are this bad. Only one or two consistent hitters in the whole lineup, seems like the pitching staff has taken off, and the defense never has been much to brag about this season. Then there's the coaching, or a lack of it. We are bad in all aspects of the game right now.

Originally posted by Cocky kebo57:

Originally posted by houstongamecock:
Aaron Fitt:
Yes, they really are this bad. Only one or two consistent hitters in the whole lineup, seems like the pitching staff has taken off, and the defense never has been much to brag about this season. Then there's the coaching, or a lack of it. We are bad in all aspects of the game right now.
THIS ^^^^^

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT