ADVERTISEMENT

My apologies...

SEMPER FI.

Aug 15, 2002
...to E-Cut22(?) and AJ&uscgrad(?)...think I have these ID's close? I started an OT thread a couple of days ago regarding the "taking a knee" stuff. In reply these 2 individuals responded to this thread and my response to them was completely out of line and out of character for me. I'm a very direct person but there's NOTHING I can say that will excuse my response. That particular day I had lunch with my mother and was overcome with emotion at the folded-flags on her mantle and what they both represented. Pair that with the fact that my late wife and I would have celebrated our 31st wedding anniversary on that day had it not been for cancer 6.5 years ago. These emotional situations DO NOT excuse my response. Shoe has my personal contact information and is welcome to share it with these two folks so we can arrange a face-to-face apology.

SEMPER FI...Go Cocks!!!...

Last edited:
I'm impressed. Thank you and I have days just like you, sometimes but never apologized. I accept

...to E-Cut22(?) and AJ&uscgrad(?)...think I have these ID's close? I started an OT thread a couple of days ago regarding the "taking a knee" stuff. In reply these 2 individuals responded to this thread and my response to them was completely out of line and out of character for me. I'm a very direct person but there's NOTHING I can say that will excuse my response. That particular day I hand lunch with my mother and was overcome with emotion at the folded-flags on her mantle and what they both represented. Pair that with the fact that my late wife and I would have celebrated our 31st wedding anniversary on that day had it not been for cancer 6.5 years ago. These emotional situations DO NOT excuse my response. Shoe has my personal contact information and is welcome to share it with these two folks so we can arrange a face-to-face apology.

There is nothing political about standing up for the American Flag and the National Anthem...

It's the love of Country and God that allow us to stand up for the American Flag and the National Anthem....

People who kneel during the National Anthem don't love our country and have no God...

You kneel to God and stand for the American Flag and National Anthem....

There is nothing political about standing up for the American Flag and the National Anthem...

It's the love of Country and God that allow us to stand up for the American Flag and the National Anthem....

People who kneel during the National Anthem don't love our country and have no God...

giphy.gif

...to E-Cut22(?) and AJ&uscgrad(?)...think I have these ID's close? I started an OT thread a couple of days ago regarding the "taking a knee" stuff. In reply these 2 individuals responded to this thread and my response to them was completely out of line and out of character for me. I'm a very direct person but there's NOTHING I can say that will excuse my response. That particular day I had lunch with my mother and was overcome with emotion at the folded-flags on her mantle and what they both represented. Pair that with the fact that my late wife and I would have celebrated our 31st wedding anniversary on that day had it not been for cancer 6.5 years ago. These emotional situations DO NOT excuse my response. Shoe has my personal contact information and is welcome to share it with these two folks so we can arrange a face-to-face apology.

Semper Fi .... thank you for your apology ... it speaks well of an individual to do this and to provide personal contact information and to arrange an in person apology (if needed or appropriate). Friend, my heart goes out to you and within the context of what you shared (your military background and family situation) certainly allows one a more focused snapshot, but your apology is selfless and something all of us need to do more often ...

May our Lord provide you grace not only in this matter, but in the days of life ahead ...

Life is good - Peace! I Cor. 2:20

You don't love the First Amendment, free speech, or the Constitution. See how it works? It's easy to jump to conclusions when you don't know the people you are talking about and don't want to consider their point of view. One of the great things about this country is we tolerate different points of view, and presumably from the diversity the truth will eventually emerge.

Dude, takes a man to say when his emotions get the best of him. We all have our moments.

Thank God there are still people that love this nation. It is an emotional subject.

Wow. What did you say?

You don't love the First Amendment, free speech, or the Constitution. See how it works? It's easy to jump to conclusions when you don't know the people you are talking about and don't want to consider their point of view. One of the great things about this country is we tolerate different points of view, and presumably from the diversity the truth will eventually emerge.

You just violated my First Amendment rights....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT