ADVERTISEMENT

My college football philosophy

cockymom2boys

Dec 28, 2000
My husband and I, both USC graduates '82 and '83, love college football. While USC is our #1 school, we also pull for other teams.
So our love of college football comes from more than the win/loss record of USC. We are happy when our other teams win. We are happy when we are able to get together with friends to watch games. We are happy when we get to go to away games and see different stadiums/explore different college towns.
Of course we would love for USC to be a more successful program. But to us, the way to achieve that is to support the coach/ team, at least during the 1st year. Time heals a lot of wounds.
I know as I write this some of you are going to laugh at us, mock this post, take it to the extreme of everything is awful/ our program is hopeless/ USC is never going to win/ Beamer should be fired/ etc....
Honestly I couldn't live that way. I'd have to give up college football if it made me that bitter.
So call me a pumper if you wish. I don't think I am. I agree the offense this year has been hard to watch. I still shake my head at the UK game and the call at Tenn. Heck we were at Texas A&M.
But I am hopeful. I want Shane Beamer to succeed. I want to win the East. I want a SEC championship. I want to beat Clemson. And I don't think those things will ever happen if we can't give a new coach 1 season without screaming for him to be fired.
Jmho

I watch other entertaining games if the Gamecocks are playing awful. I'm ready for this year to be done, start over next year!

Reactions: cockymom2boys
I watch other entertaining games if the Gamecocks are playing awful. I'm ready for this year to be done, start over next year!
Great coping mechanism lol.
I'm watching UNC-Wake Forest right now.
I'm pulling for WF cause Id love for the ACC to get some other strong teams to challenge Clemson. Plus we lived in Winston Salem for about 15 years. Beautiful city. But I like Mack Brown too.

Reactions: purenonsense
My husband and I, both USC graduates '82 and '83, love college football. While USC is our #1 school, we also pull for other teams.
So our love of college football comes from more than the win/loss record of USC. We are happy when our other teams win. We are happy when we are able to get together with friends to watch games. We are happy when we get to go to away games and see different stadiums/explore different college towns.
Of course we would love for USC to be a more successful program. But to us, the way to achieve that is to support the coach/ team, at least during the 1st year. Time heals a lot of wounds.
I know as I write this some of you are going to laugh at us, mock this post, take it to the extreme of everything is awful/ our program is hopeless/ USC is never going to win/ Beamer should be fired/ etc....
Honestly I couldn't live that way. I'd have to give up college football if it made me that bitter.
So call me a pumper if you wish. I don't think I am. I agree the offense this year has been hard to watch. I still shake my head at the UK game and the call at Tenn. Heck we were at Texas A&M.
But I am hopeful. I want Shane Beamer to succeed. I want to win the East. I want a SEC championship. I want to beat Clemson. And I don't think those things will ever happen if we can't give a new coach 1 season without screaming for him to be fired.
Jmho
Madam I totally dig your point! And No Doubt I'm a "Forever to thee" grad/fan First and Foremost, But this year, after UGAly beat us 40 - 13, here I am rootin' for the dawgs to win it all, just because it moves such from The SEC West, and with Texas and Oklahoma on the way, sheeze Lord only knows how tough things are gonna be in The SEC as a hole within the coming future!!! So like I said, and JUST FOR THIS YEAR, Go Dawgs!!

Oh God I'm gonna PUKE!!!!

Reactions: cockymom2boys
2 years ago immediately after getting our asses handed to us by a really bad Tenn team, I declared myself to be an LSU fan. I chose LSU because I was a military brat born in Louisiana. It worked out great for me that year because they went on to win the National Championship. But I guess just me making that move (mostly in jest), I've jinxed them into their current state of crap. Come to think of it, maybe I'm responsible for how bad we've sucked for the last 45 years I've been a fan. The bad news is, we sucked for a really long time before I joined the fanbase. The reality is we've always sucked and we always will, with a few bright spots thrown in along the way. Sad but true.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT