ADVERTISEMENT

My Covid-19 story

jeff2001

Apr 5, 2003
Well it's been 3 weeks, so I will tell my story. If anybody cares. My family and I all got it. My daughter was 1st on july 9 .She wasnt feeling good so she got tested and it was positive. And of course by the next Monday July 13, me , my wife and our son tested positive. Since we all were positive we didnt isolate in a room. We isolated in the house all together. Everybody got the fever for a couple of days and loss of smell and taste. I only lost the sense of smell. I walked into the bathroom and couldnt smell the cat poop lol . Plus, me and my wife were really tired all the time. My son and daughter really got over it pretty quick. And it took me and my wife a couple of more days. Nothing serious really, but the worst part was just staying home all the time. We are all fine now. But the funny thing they told us to stay home for 10 days, and we didnt need a negative test. So we never got tested again 2 weeks later.

Well it's been 3 weeks, so I will tell my story. If anybody cares. My family and I all got it. My daughter was 1st on july 9 .She wasnt feeling good so she got tested and it was positive. And of course by the next Monday July 13, me , my wife and our son tested positive. Since we all were positive we didnt isolate in a room. We isolated in the house all together. Everybody got the fever for a couple of days and loss of smell and taste. I only lost the sense of smell. I walked into the bathroom and couldnt smell the cat poop lol . Plus, me and my wife were really tired all the time. My son and daughter really got over it pretty quick. And it took me and my wife a couple of more days. Nothing serious really, but the worst part was just staying home all the time. We are all fine now. But the funny thing they told us to stay home for 10 days, and we didnt need a negative test. So we never got tested again 2 weeks later.
Thanks for your quick recovery. Glad that everyone is OK! Hopefully this is the way of 95% of all cases. I had something similar at the end of January before the influx.

Glad your family is doing well . That’s some scary stuff . One of my really good friends and business partner’s mom is in ICU with it right now . Last week they didn’t think she would make it two more days and by God’s grace she’s slowly recovering . She was in her early 70s , perfect health and no serious medical conditions . She was actually out on a walk with her daughter and collapsed out of nowhere and 4 days later she was on a ventilator. My friend is in a state of shock . She was perfectly fine a few weeks ago . That’s what’s crazy is some people have zero to very mild symptoms and for some it’s like a bullet . Very scary

Not being able to smell the cat poop is a positive side effect! Glad you guys are okay. A coworker of mine had the same thing where the entire family had it and the two kids had zero problems but the adults were down for 6 days. Said it was like the worst flu they ever had. 100+ fever for three plus days but are doing better now. Their doctor recommended limiting contact even though they were all positive out of concern they could keep building the illness among each other which was interesting.

I had something similar too at the end of January. Thought I was getting the flu, but after day 3 or 4 it vanished. So definitely wasn't the flu. Have not had an antibody test but would be interested in it. I think there's a realistic (10-20%?) chance I had it.

Thanks for your quick recovery. Glad that everyone is OK! Hopefully this is the way of 95% of all cases. I had something similar at the end of January before the influx.

I had something similar too at the end of January. Thought I was getting the flu, but after day 3 or 4 it vanished. So definitely wasn't the flu. Have not had an antibody test but would be interested in it. I think there's a realistic (10-20%?) chance I had it.
I did the antibody test and it was negative, but I still had most of the symptoms and it took a month to shake it and it was not the flu or a sinus infection. I'm guessing you would be negative too after this long.

I just found out one of my college friends caught COVID and was hospitalized for 10 days.
She says she felt sure that she was literally going to die, and is amazed that she actually pulled through it. I'm now aware of 6 persons who have contracted the virus.
2 with severe symptoms, 1 with severe to mild symptoms, 2 with mild, and unfortunately one who passed away.

Congrats in whooping Rona’s ass and thank you for staying home!!

I’m aware of three people who have tested positive. My Grandmother is 95, and is in a nursing home tested positive 2 weeks ago. As of now, she hasn’t shown any symptoms. The other two people are friends of ours, a married couple under 50, and they both are having a rough time with it right now.

Glad you’re ok.

I am really glad you and your family did not suffer severe symptoms and are not over the wuflu! Thank you for sharing your experiences.

I came down with my usual summer sinus infection with the usual symptoms (cough, congestion, no fever, no nausea, still could smell cat poop, if I had a cat). Doc says that I should isolate and take the test. Problem is, the rapidtest facility is booked solid, and the other test sites have a 3-7 day results turnaround! Waiting on the test, but I want to hit the tennis courts Wednesday.

I am now better, and I don't want to inadvertently infect any one, but I don't like living like a hermit, even though that is what I have been doing like everyone.

Guess I need to take a chill pill.

Reactions: GADAWGinIraq

Very glad you and your family are fine. But I would have thought each of you would have needed a re-test to be assured you were all negative.

Glad you all got through it and thanks for sharing.

If you don't mind me asking, how/where do you think you got it and what was your COVID protocol prior to getting it? i.e. staying home and masked-up everywhere you went, were you eating out at restaurants etc? (edit: to clarify, where do y'all think your daughter got it if you think she was the first to have it?)

Not trying to get too personal, but with all the b.s. info out there and politicization by all sides I'm just interested in a first-had account.

My wife has lupus and our family doctor has already told us it would be really bad news if she got it so we're obviously taking all the precautions. However, she is a teacher so who knows what the near-future holds in store.

I’m aware of three people who have tested positive. My Grandmother is 95, and is in a nursing home tested positive 2 weeks ago. As of now, she hasn’t shown any symptoms. The other two people are friends of ours, a married couple under 50, and they both are having a rough time with it right now.
Wow... prayers for your Grandmother! I hope she continues to be asymptomatic.

Very glad to hear that you and your family are well. God bless you all.

I am really glad you and your family did not suffer severe symptoms and are not over the wuflu! Thank you for sharing your experiences.

I came down with my usual summer sinus infection with the usual symptoms (cough, congestion, no fever, no nausea, still could smell cat poop, if I had a cat). Doc says that I should isolate and take the test. Problem is, the rapidtest facility is booked solid, and the other test sites have a 3-7 day results turnaround! Waiting on the test, but I want to hit the tennis courts Wednesday.

I am now better, and I don't want to inadvertently infect any one, but I don't like living like a hermit, even though that is what I have been doing like everyone.

Thanks for living like a hermit. I know that isn't fun, but it is all about self sacrifice for the good of others.

Reactions: BushcraftCock

I have enjoyed the hermit lifestyle. My wife and son are finally trying new foods since we are cooking at home and surprise/surprise they are finding the more they try the more they like.

I don’t want any of the other symptoms with the virus but maybe the loss of smell would get them to try curry and we’d really open up the menu.

Reactions: jeff2001

I am sure any friend would appreciate you being safe and protecting them even if you miss a tennis match! :)

Thanks for sharing your story. Glad everyonw is doing better.

I know people who have had it and stories are all over the place from no symptoms at all to mild allergy like symptoms to flu-like symptoms. The worst I've heard is my nieghbor's mother who was out of commission for 6 weeks with fever and trouble breathing. She finally recovered and is doing fine. I don't know anyone who has been hosptialized.

Does anybody know how long you can keep testing positive?my friends wife found out around the end of June.she got put in the hospital and after 2 weeks she got to come home but had to go back due to complications.found out today that she tested positive again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT