ADVERTISEMENT

My COVID story

Thanks for posting this. Sorry you are going through it, but it sounds like you have a milder case. If you don't mind my asking, how is the rest of your family? How are they keeping safe? Are you in a guest bedroom by yourself? How do you eat and use the bathroom?
My wife has a bad cough and a slightly elevated temperature. Her test came back negative which I am not sure I believe, but she never has felt bad like i have. I have been staying in a separate bedroom.

Negative feel free to visit the cdc and any other medical website 98.6 is the mean normal temperature. Everyone is different and can vary from that.
No it's not. My daughter is in medical school, and this is what they are now being taught. Mine has been 96 the last two times I was in the doctor's office, and they said that's normal.

No it's not. My daughter is in medical school, and this is what they are now being taught. Mine has been 96 the last two times I was in the doctor's office, and they said that's normal.
I have a family full of doctors. I have never registered 96. That’s bullshit. In my immediate family I have 2 ob’s, 1 er physician, 3 nurses, and a family physician.

I understand some scientist are trying to say that but I assure you the overwhelmingly popular use of mean body temp is around 98.8.

Reactions: drawplay000
My wife has a bad cough and a slightly elevated temperature. Her test came back negative which I am not sure I believe, but she never has felt bad like i have. I have been staying in a separate bedroom.
I hope you recover quickly and fully. Thanks for sharing your story.

I'm 66 and have asthma. Trying to stay safe, but this thing is not going away unless everyone buys into the necessary precautions.

Testing and contact tracing are part of the necessary precautions.

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
I have a family full of doctors. I have never registered 96. That’s bullshit. In my immediate family I have 2 ob’s, 1 er physician, 3 nurses, and a family physician.

I understand some scientist are trying to say that but I assure you the overwhelmingly popular use of mean body temp is around 98.8.
Wrong again.

Reactions: Heyward1

Who is barking, now, Fido. Y'all give it up...this is a useful thread and your squabbling is hijacking it.

This morning my sister's daughter in Greenville is being tested, and some other folks we are aware of have been told by their church to get tested.

This morning my sister's daughter in Greenville is being tested, and some other folks we are aware of have been told by their church to get tested.
Their church, eh. Yeah, that's another huge problem that leads to spreading covid. I'm a Christian, so i understand I can worship God literally anywhere. Including my living room in front of the tv or computer. Most have a way to live stream now days. Opening churches was a dumb move.

I hope you start feeling better soon.

FWIW, I had symptoms and went through the MUSC web site to get the test ordered. They sent me to the Doctor's Care on Knox Abbott last Saturday. They did the double barrel, both nostrils test...but turned it around fast. I had my results by Sunday evening (negative). So, if you're in the Columbia area...you may want to give that a try.

Omg, calm down Fido. ..... That’s crazy because that could be a normal body temp.

If that could be a normal body temp, why couldn't it also be a fever? Here's a thought... My norm is 97.0 so 99.3 would be the equivalent of your "normal" 98.8 being a 101.1, or would you not consider that a fever? You have no idea what the normal temp is for Titanium so why would you dispute or make fun of their fever?

Titanium, I'm glad you've beaten the worst of this thing and am wishing for a full recovery. I lost a friend a few weeks ago to Covid. He was in his 40s and very healthy. Don't take this thing for granted... be smart and stay safe!

Their church, eh. Yeah, that's another huge problem that leads to spreading covid. I'm a Christian, so i understand I can worship God literally anywhere. Including my living room in front of the tv or computer. Most have a way to live stream now days. Opening churches was a dumb move.
You and I seldom agree, but in being a Christian and keeping churches closed, we agree. It perturbs me when Christians brag about not wearing a mask.

If that could be a normal body temp, why couldn't it also be a fever? Here's a thought... My norm is 97.0 so 99.3 would be the equivalent of your "normal" 98.8 being a 101.1, or would you not consider that a fever? You have no idea what the normal temp is for Titanium so why would you dispute or make fun of their fever?

Titanium, I'm glad you've beaten the worst of this thing and am wishing for a full recovery. I lost a friend a few weeks ago to Covid. He was in his 40s and very healthy. Don't take this thing for granted... be smart and stay safe!
Boom is also on a negative run for some reason or another.....drink a beer or smoke a bowl...what ever trips your fancy, just stop challenging senseless things.

I only post this in the hope of helping some of you. I hope this does not go political. Last Tuesday morning I was fine, by Tuesday night I felt the worst I had felt in about a decade. I did the internet Dr site and they gave the the authorization for a COVID test Wednesday morning. The test came back positive Monday morning. I still had a fever this morning. I am a 55 year old male, recent checkup said my blood work was fine for cholesterol, blood sugar, etc. I was pretty safe with the mask, etc. although we had stayed overnight at the beach a couple of weeks earlier. I wish I had been safer I guess. The Dr put me on Azithromycin, cough medicine, and two inhalers. Vitamin D and Zinc really did help me feel better. I don't expect to feel back to normal for at least two more weeks, this thing has been brutal.

It still amazes me that most of us think we live in the strongest, wealthiest nation on earth yet are still ok with (and defending) a government response to this virus that has sick people waiting 5 days for a test result months into this pandemic.

I have family in Europe who have all been tested (with no symptoms) and got results in 24 hours.

A catastrophic failure by the nation's leader.

Reactions: Flameout12
I’m telling ya I had this crap in late December of 2019 and I still think it’s lingering my snots like glue I have coughing attacks that leaves me wheezing very bad I’m 53 years old so I thinks it’s real ...

Reactions: jonesz21
It still amazes me that most of us think we live in the strongest, wealthiest nation on earth yet are still ok with (and defending) a government response to this virus that has sick people waiting 5 days for a test result months into this pandemic.

I have family in Europe who have all been tested (with no symptoms) and got results in 24 hours.

A catastrophic failure by the nation's leader.
You do realize there's been well over 30 million tests. Getting quick results requires a lot of lab work. The failure here belongs to the nation's leader of China. He instigated all these transmissions all around the world. I remember the swine flu outbreak and was that a giant failure led by a leftist leader. Afterwards they left the medical equipment bare. What kind of response do you want, shut down the country for 9 months and hide in a cave and kill off the country?

I see a few more celebs has got it: Kimberly Guilfoyle, Herman Cain, and Charlie Rymer.(golfer for those dont know)

I hope you recover quickly and fully. Thanks for sharing your story.

I'm 66 and have asthma. Trying to stay safe, but this thing is not going away unless everyone buys into the necessary precautions.

Testing and contact tracing are part of the necessary precautions.

I'm 75 and have asthma. I try and be as safe as possible. I rarely go into a store but I do sometimes. Our Wal-Mart has been doing a good job of requiring all the clerks to wear mask and as I said, yesterday, 95% of the customers were wearing masks. It made me feel safer, regardless if I was safer or not.

Last edited:
Let me ask this question. If someone has tested positive for Covid-19 does that person automatically lose their sense of smell? Or is it just some that lose their sense of smell? The reason I am asking is right now I definitely have not lost my sense of smell.

Negative feel free to visit the cdc and any other medical website 98.6 is the mean normal temperature. Everyone is different and can vary from that.

Funny thing is, you don't even realize that this makes your first comment even more inappropriate....

Just found out one of my good buddy’s tested positive . I was hanging out with him 5 days ago . Crossing my fingers

You do realize there's been well over 30 million tests. Getting quick results requires a lot of lab work. The failure here belongs to the nation's leader of China. He instigated all these transmissions all around the world. I remember the swine flu outbreak and was that a giant failure led by a leftist leader. Afterwards they left the medical equipment bare. What kind of response do you want, shut down the country for 9 months and hide in a cave and kill off the country?

The swine flu outbreak was a hangnail on a serial killer’s pinky compared to this mess and fiasco.

Boom is almost always WRONG. So are all the doctors in your family. tell them to read a book.

“normal body temperature may be falling over time, according to data samples reaching back almost 160 years.
  • An analysis of 20 studies between 1935 and 1999 found that the average oral temperature was 97.5˚ F. And a 2017 study of more than 35,000 people found a similar result.
On this last point, a remarkable new study is among the best to make a case that normal body temperature has been drifting down over the last two centuries.“

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/time-to-redefine-normal-body-temperature-2020031319173

You do realize there are many countries where anyone can get tested and results come in 24 to 48 hours, right? Again, we are the most wealthy and powerful country on earth. Why is it different here?

And remember, US intelligence says there is zero evidence to support what you say about China nor do they beleive it to be true. American intelligence.

Happy 4th!

No wonder this country is in such a fix. We argue incessantly about everything because everyone thinks they are right and everyone else is wrong. When evidence is presented for one side or the other the losing side resorts to anti-science or denigrates the politics of the speaker or the scientist.

That's where we are. No humility, no acceptance of responsibility or willingness to admit, "I was wrong - I apologize."

Watch how this post will trigger political comments.

Reactions: jeff2001
You had to wait 5 days for the test result?????

If so, then DAMN!!! That's a long time!!!
There are multiple tests, but as far as I know there are no rapid tests anywhere close to us. The typical turnaround for the normal ones is 2-3 business days. So, if you got it Wed, Mon is a pretty normal time frame.

The back story on the slow testing time is that early on the CDC offered to make their own tests instead of using tests from overseas. At the time, it seemed like a good decision since they had the capacity and theoretically there would be less chance of the tests being tainted. The problem was that the CDC made thousands of defective tests and had to start over.

No wonder this country is in such a fix. We argue incessantly about everything because everyone thinks they are right and everyone else is wrong. When evidence is presented for one side or the other the losing side resorts to anti-science or denigrates the politics of the speaker or the scientist.

That's where we are. No humility, no acceptance of responsibility or willingness to admit, "I was wrong - I apologize."

Watch how this post will trigger political comments.
I think the problem is trusting the information. When news outlets are constantly being outed for manipulating the truth for ratings, it creates distrust. I’m sorry but I’m not going to believe something just because CNN told me to. The other problem is every aspect of the government has been politicized. That includes the Supreme Court which was never meant to be politicized. That’s what creates the distrust.

I think the problem is trusting the information. When news outlets are constantly being outed for manipulating the truth for ratings, it creates distrust. I’m sorry but I’m not going to believe something just because CNN told me to. The other problem is every aspect of the government has been politicized. That includes the Supreme Court which was never meant to be politicized. That’s what creates the distrust.
Well, I have seen multiple posters not believe a literal fact if it is cited in a CNN article. That is a problem. When you have to search far and wide to find information that suits a point of view, that is a problem. This whole coronavirus coverage has been educated guesses. There have been misses, but the concern has always been valid. Only recently, has this been universally accepted.

Well, I have seen multiple posters not believe a literal fact if it is cited in a CNN article. That is a problem. When you have to search far and wide to find information that suits a point of view, that is a problem. This whole coronavirus coverage has been educated guesses. There have been misses, but the concern has always been valid. Only recently, has this been universally accepted.
You just completely missed my point. That literal fact you state cnn had is hard to believe when they bend the truth. Same with Fox News. The other thing is you find one scientist that did a study and I can find one that did the same study that said 2x was true.

You just completely missed my point. That literal fact you state cnn had is hard to believe when they bend the truth. Same with Fox News. The other thing is you find one scientist that did a study and I can find one that did the same study that said 2x was true.

But what about this:

You mean the hospital tents in NYC that were never used. They lie to you on the tv and y’all eat that shit up. It’s crazy. The cdc says this the fbi says that, I don’t believe anything anymore. That is the really sad part. Before 365 news broadcasting you could trust what you were being told. Now you can’t, and that had been made apparent by the blatant miss reporting. Read a history book many of people have been controlled by news propaganda. Hitler comes to mind first. Wake up people.

Where do you get your information? You have to get it from somewhere, in order to bitch and moan about it. But that situation wasn't a lie, and if it was, it wasn't a lie from the media. Early hotspots like NY, NJ, Michigan, ordered up emergency hospital tents and beds based on projected numbers they should expect on COVID-19 hospitalizations. Those projections came from the CDC.

Those tents and Army Corp of Engineers beds were ordered because it was feared that the existing state hospital systems in those hot spots would be overwhelmed to the point that there'd be no room for all the patients. In some cases, that was almost the case. But it never got to the point where they ended up being needed. And that's not something to bitch and moan about, to be honest.....

Those state governments ordered those tents, and paid for them with their state funds. But I don't know what you're referring to, when it comes to the national media reporting about it. You sound like a conspiracy theorist to me....

But what about this:

Where do you get your information? You have to get it from somewhere, in order to bitch and moan about it. But that situation wasn't a lie, and if it was, it wasn't a lie from the media. Early hotspots like NY, NJ, Michigan, ordered up emergency hospital tents and beds based on projected numbers they should expect on COVID-19 hospitalizations. Those projections came from the CDC.

Those tents and Army Corp of Engineers beds were ordered because it was feared that the existing state hospital systems in those hot spots would be overwhelmed to the point that there'd be no room for all the patients. In some cases, that was almost the case. But it never got to the point where they ended up being needed. And that's not something to bitch and moan about, to be honest.....

Those state governments ordered those tents, and paid for them with their state funds. But I don't know what you're referring to, when it comes to the national media reporting about it. You sound like a conspiracy theorist to me....
When the media is staging lines and crowds to make hospitals look more overwhelmed than they are, and then defend the use of such misdirection, how can we trust anything they say? They show you "fact" that they have created. Is it a wonder that pandering to what people want to hear has caused such trust issues in America to the point we won't follow simple instructions for good health because the source of those has been called into question (rightfully so, given the history of the agenda media). The media pandering for views and ratings, sensationalizing and publishing far swinging opinions instead of just reporting actual fact is the reason behind a lot of the strife in America. They push the narrative they want because people eat it up, and advertisers pay for it. War is a fertile ground to make money, and this country has been in an ever escalating political war since the early 90's.

Reactions: hillstosea
I'm not talking about CNN or Fox News.

There are facts that can be established by evidence not by what is being reported. Dig deeper, use your critical thinking skills. Investigate on your own and trust scientists and experts especially when something is established by more than one expert.

Reactions: Dizzy01
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT