ADVERTISEMENT

My COVID story

When the media is staging lines and crowds to make hospitals look more overwhelmed than they are, and then defend the use of such misdirection, how can we trust anything they say? They show you "fact" that they have created. Is it a wonder that pandering to what people want to hear has caused such trust issues in America to the point we won't follow simple instructions for good health because the source of those has been called into question (rightfully so, given the history of the agenda media). The media pandering for views and ratings, sensationalizing and publishing far swinging opinions instead of just reporting actual fact is the reason behind a lot of the strife in America. They push the narrative they want because people eat it up, and advertisers pay for it. War is a fertile ground to make money, and this country has been in an ever escalating political war since the early 90's.

I know the one you're talking about, and it was already determined that it wasn't either the CBS news crew nor the medical outfit that set up and sponsored the drive-through that staged anything. The "staged" line consisted of 1 or 2 staff members that were told by supervising staff to add themselves to a line where the rest of the cars were actual patients, meaning a line of cars that were 90-95% legit was somehow made to be "staged".

Of course, the other "news source" that made the accusation - Project Veritas - is a well-known to be a radical alt-right activist group that loves to make misleading accusations of liberal corruption. They've been caught attempting to elicit voter fraud that could then be blamed on Democratic party, in part because the VAST majority of confirmed voter fraud in recent years have been predominantly Republican-caused, and it is the Republican President who is accusing the Democrats of such fraud. Project Veritas has often been accused of misrepresenting themselves to be others - using fake names and fake organization titles - in order to infiltrate left-leaning organizations, try to influence or create incidents of misappropriation, and then use the incidents to base their agendas on.

The investigations of the "fake car line at a drive-through testing site" - and there was only the one incident - were that a staff member who was supposed to be in charge of the testing program ordered 1-2 other staff members to get into their cars and enter the line of cars. Then somehow, someone with Project Veritas who was already at the scene, started videoing the line and next thing you know, it's a big scandal. But all it ever was, was 1-2 cars in a line of mostly legit patients, going through a legit testing site. And the "insider" spy for Project Veritas was only there at the same time on the same day that a CBS news affiliate was doing a news segment on the drive-through testing service, and next thing you know, Project Veritas was accusing CBS News of doing fake news.

The consensus conclusion to the "scandal", was it was someone who was actually with Project Veritas, who told the other staffers to get into the line, and the staffers did what they were told, thinking they were told by a member of administration of the medical outfit. This turned into a huge nothingburger by middle of May, as the testing site still continued to operate, and churn out hundreds of legitimate test results for hundreds of legitimate patients who got tested, and the so-called "scandal" turned out to be just the one day oddity.

The fact that you defend a sham "news source" organization like Project Veritas against decades-long credible sources like CBS, CNN, or even Faxe News, tells everyone far more about YOU, then it does anything you're talking about....

Last edited:
But what about this:

Where do you get your information? You have to get it from somewhere, in order to bitch and moan about it. But that situation wasn't a lie, and if it was, it wasn't a lie from the media. Early hotspots like NY, NJ, Michigan, ordered up emergency hospital tents and beds based on projected numbers they should expect on COVID-19 hospitalizations. Those projections came from the CDC.

Those tents and Army Corp of Engineers beds were ordered because it was feared that the existing state hospital systems in those hot spots would be overwhelmed to the point that there'd be no room for all the patients. In some cases, that was almost the case. But it never got to the point where they ended up being needed. And that's not something to bitch and moan about, to be honest.....

Those state governments ordered those tents, and paid for them with their state funds. But I don't know what you're referring to, when it comes to the national media reporting about it. You sound like a conspiracy theorist to me....
You don't have to be a conspiracy theorist to distrust the media. Just have common sense. You are right about one thing. As a doctor told me, his contemporaries are clueless about Covid.

I'm not talking about CNN or Fox News.

There are facts that can be established by evidence not by what is being reported. Dig deeper, use your critical thinking skills. Investigate on your own and trust scientists and experts especially when something is established by more than one expert.
So true wisecock. Anyone buying the 'trusted media's" message is incredibly naive. Do your own research as you say. Be careful with experts though....consider their associations. And no, I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but I was a working reporter at one time.

I’m not saying you don’t have fever or down playing your symptoms but 99.3 is not a fever.

A normal body temperature for adults is 98.6 F, but folks like my wife, she runs a low temperature and blood pressure. So if her temperature goes up 98 or 99, then has a bad fever... Living with me, she has to have a low blood pressure... :D

Just found out one of my good buddy’s tested positive . I was hanging out with him 5 days ago . Crossing my fingers

My niece lives in California and her roommate was tested positive and so she went to get tested, waiting on results, but being young and stupid, you can guess what they were doing...

Let me ask this question. If someone has tested positive for Covid-19 does that person automatically lose their sense of smell? Or is it just some that lose their sense of smell? The reason I am asking is right now I definitely have not lost my sense of smell.

Yes, that's one of the symptoms, some people get the full blown COVID 19 symptoms and some get minor symptoms..

I lost my sense of taste for a week or two along with headaches... I never got tested, but then again, I know I was exposed months ago and no plans to get tested...

The test is only good for that day and if you come up negative at that time, who's to say you're not negative the next day while waiting for the results...

Yes, the fever goes up and down. It’s at 99.3 right now.

Do you have an update on your situation??

A normal body temperature for adults is 98.6 F, but folks like my wife, she runs a low temperature and blood pressure. So if her temperature goes up 98 or 99, then has a bad fever... Living with me, she has to have a low blood pressure... :D

My niece lives in California and her roommate was tested positive and so she went to get tested, waiting on results, but being young and stupid, you can guess what they were doing...

Yes, that's one of the symptoms, some people get the full blown COVID 19 symptoms and some get minor symptoms..

I lost my sense of taste for a week or two along with headaches... I never got tested, but then again, I know I was exposed months ago and no plans to get tested...

The test is only good for that day and if you come up negative at that time, who's to say you're not negative the next day while waiting for the results...

Do you have an update on your situation??
Yes, I am feeling better, but it’s taking me a long time to get back to 100%. I cough a lot and am still fatigued. Tuesday will be 2 weeks since the onset of symptoms.

Reactions: jeff2001
Yes, I am feeling better, but it’s taking me a long time to get back to 100%. I cough a lot and am still fatigued. Tuesday will be 2 weeks since the onset of symptoms.

Good to hear you're getting better... Drink lots of liquids, take vitamins like Zinic, D & C.

Years ago, I had meningitis and it took me 3 weeks to start feeling better and several month to be back to normal... I still had lingering effects for a year...

Meningitis and COVID 19 are different in some ways, but similar in other ways... Both can be deadly if left untreated...

I know the one you're talking about, and it was already determined that it wasn't either the CBS news crew nor the medical outfit that set up and sponsored the drive-through that staged anything. The "staged" line consisted of 1 or 2 staff members that were told by supervising staff to add themselves to a line where the rest of the cars were actual patients, meaning a line of cars that were 90-95% legit was somehow made to be "staged".

Of course, the other "news source" that made the accusation - Project Veritas - is a well-known to be a radical alt-right activist group that loves to make misleading accusations of liberal corruption. They've been caught attempting to elicit voter fraud that could then be blamed on Democratic party, in part because the VAST majority of confirmed voter fraud in recent years have been predominantly Republican-caused, and it is the Republican President who is accusing the Democrats of such fraud. Project Veritas has often been accused of misrepresenting themselves to be others - using fake names and fake organization titles - in order to infiltrate left-leaning organizations, try to influence or create incidents of misappropriation, and then use the incidents to base their agendas on.

The investigations of the "fake car line at a drive-through testing site" - and there was only the one incident - were that a staff member who was supposed to be in charge of the testing program ordered 1-2 other staff members to get into their cars and enter the line of cars. Then somehow, someone with Project Veritas who was already at the scene, started videoing the line and next thing you know, it's a big scandal. But all it ever was, was 1-2 cars in a line of mostly legit patients, going through a legit testing site. And the "insider" spy for Project Veritas was only there at the same time on the same day that a CBS news affiliate was doing a news segment on the drive-through testing service, and next thing you know, Project Veritas was accusing CBS News of doing fake news.

The consensus conclusion to the "scandal", was it was someone who was actually with Project Veritas, who told the other staffers to get into the line, and the staffers did what they were told, thinking they were told by a member of administration of the medical outfit. This turned into a huge nothingburger by middle of May, as the testing site still continued to operate, and churn out hundreds of legitimate test results for hundreds of legitimate patients who got tested, and the so-called "scandal" turned out to be just the one day oddity.

The fact that you defend a sham "news source" organization like Project Veritas against decades-long credible sources like CBS, CNN, or even Faxe News, tells everyone far more about YOU, then it does anything you're talking about....
Nice that you'll pick 1 out of the multiple times that the media has shown up outside a hospital for a report where there were "lines of people everyday" only for citizens to show up on subsequent days to find no lines, no people. It happened several times in New York, it happened at least twice in Virginia that I can personally verify (I personally saw two of these "crowded" sites shown on the news and checked them frequently to find no traffic at all). There were sites "Busy busy busy, EVERY day" that never had a soul at them except when there were news cameras present. Funny how that works.

Weather casters have been doing this forever, pretending to be blown away by powerful winds as people walk by in the background (and the organization defending that the man as if he was really being blown away). You can also see images of a weather casters being on their knees in 4 inch water to make it look way deeper than it is.

But I'm defending "Project Veritas"? No, I use common sense and my actual eye witness account. If you think that the major news sources and even local news don't sensationalize news to grab viewers ("Some exceptionally important information you REALLY need to know, Tune in at 11 for details") that I'm sorry. You cherry picked one time they got caught and debunked it (the staffers working the line themselves said there were more than 1 or 2 extra cars), and ignored the times it happened across the country, in other types of news.

EDIT: On the Note of Project Veritas: The reports I read said a source gave them the data, not that a Project Veritas reporter was there. They don't have to be present to get info from a source, and I can find nothing stating they were responsible for staging the event. I'm not defending them, I'm just not condemning them on your word when there are several sources that out CBS, and only CBS' denial that it wasn't them. I will research it more and see. END EDIT.

Sorry. This isn't COVID specific. It's been happening for years. The hyper sensationalism of COVID and people's vigilance has just brought attention to it. So thanks for latching on to one incident wherein the media weren't specifically bad actors.

Last edited:
When the media is staging lines and crowds to make hospitals look more overwhelmed than they are, ...

You know when you spread fake news like this to make your point, you look silly.

a few facts:

1) The CBS affiliate accused is owned by Sinclair- Sinclair is known for their support of conservative causes. So from a conservative standpoint, this allegation makes no sense. Of course “Project Veritas” didn’t mention this in their “story.”

2) the CBS employees and station had nothing to do with setting up the testing line. Their small onsite crew was just taking video for a story.

3) the health center doing the testing reportedly had one of their executives tell several staffers to get in line with other patients. The reason was that because of privacy, people getting tested at that point in this pandemic didn’t want their video taken so the staffer had several employees get in line so that the public could see how busy they were, which was a true representation of what they were doing.

The CBS crew on site had nothing to do with it, which was confirmed by the medical facility.

4) as usual, and as is their custom, “Project Veritas” interviewed a few folks on site that gave their opinion and they published that as factual. It wasn’t.

5) Project Veritas was filming in hopes to show that the Numbers of people wanting tests was fake. Just a week or so later, Richland County opened their first drive through testing lines in. orth Columbia which we’re quickly overwhelmed with people wanting tests. Now, millions have been tested. So the entire premise of Project Veritas was incorrect.

6 the church I attend has been a testing site more than half a dozen times now. We’ve been completely And absolutely overwhelmed each time with the number of people wanting tests. It’s why we keep offering it.

https://wwmt.com/news/local/cbs-new...allegations-of-staging-covid-19-testing-scene

Awesome we are glad you are feeling better. Sorry about these jackasses who tried to steal your thread. All they do all day is piss and moan back and forth.

You know when you spread fake news like this to make your point, you look silly.

a few facts:

1) The CBS affiliate accused is owned by Sinclair- Sinclair is known for their support of conservative causes. So from a conservative standpoint, this allegation makes no sense. Of course “Project Veritas” didn’t mention this in their “story.”

2) the CBS employees and station had nothing to do with setting up the testing line. Their small onsite crew was just taking video for a story.

3) the health center doing the testing reportedly had one of their executives tell several staffers to get in line with other patients. The reason was that because of privacy, people getting tested at that point in this pandemic didn’t want their video taken so the staffer had several employees get in line so that the public could see how busy they were, which was a true representation of what they were doing.

The CBS crew on site had nothing to do with it, which was confirmed by the medical facility.

4) as usual, and as is their custom, “Project Veritas” interviewed a few folks on site that gave their opinion and they published that as factual. It wasn’t.

5) Project Veritas was filming in hopes to show that the Numbers of people wanting tests was fake. Just a week or so later, Richland County opened their first drive through testing lines in. orth Columbia which we’re quickly overwhelmed with people wanting tests. Now, millions have been tested. So the entire premise of Project Veritas was incorrect.

6 the church I attend has been a testing site more than half a dozen times now. We’ve been completely And absolutely overwhelmed each time with the number of people wanting tests. It’s why we keep offering it.

https://wwmt.com/news/local/cbs-new...allegations-of-staging-covid-19-testing-scene
Read my next post. This isn't just about COVID testing sites though it includes them. I've personally witnessed a few. To say it is happening is fake news is a disservice. And furthermore, of course those entities would outright deny it f caught. What benefit do they have to admitting they did it? There's no full scale investigation, this isn't the Watergate Scandal. Forgive me if I don't trust lying media. At the same time, realize that I know they're lying media because of things outside this one incident you and Conway both cherry picked.

Well I finally know someone with COVID-19.my wife and daughter about 15 minutes ago told me that my best friend wife is in the hospital with it.the same best friend wife that back months ago was involved in the 1st death from it(nursing home).i was just around him last Tuesday when we went golfing with all the other sr golfers.now my wife is pissed off.

Read my next post. This isn't just about COVID testing sites though it includes them. I've personally witnessed a few. To say it is happening is fake news is a disservice. And furthermore, of course those entities would outright deny it f caught. What benefit do they have to admitting they did it? There's no full scale investigation, this isn't the Watergate Scandal. Forgive me if I don't trust lying media. At the same time, realize that I know they're lying media because of things outside this one incident you and Conway both cherry picked.

You personally witnessing anything doesn’t anything to anyone else. It’s irrelevant.

The example you did use was bogus, and I pointed out the holes in it above.

Here is the all
You personally witnessing anything doesn’t anything to anyone else. It’s irrelevant.

Here if the all “ truthful” cbs getting hammered for using Italy’s hospital pictures instead of a hospital in the USA to fit their narrative:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...d-nyc-hospital-that-was-actually-in-italy.amp

That article actually is saying CBS recanted but would have they if they didn’t get caught. I say this to prove the point that you can’t trust any media in my opinion. Fox News does it to, they all do. To not believe that new outlets don’t stretch the truth to fit whatever narrative that they want, is just leaving your head stuck in the sand.

I never cited ANY example. You chose that one. And it was bogus because the people involved denied it? Sorry. Show me an independent investigation before calling it bogus. But still, it wasn't my example to begin with. That's a clear definition of a strawman. You build it up and attack that. I never even mentioned the Cherry Hill story. And my personally witnessing something means nothing? Irrelevant when it proves the exact situation I described, as an eye witness? Well, I'll just go kill myself now then, because obviously I'm lying to... do something. What is my motivation to lie about it? I don't have a dog in the fight, I just want the truth. I don't like the media cherry picking facts to fit their narrative and making it up when it doesn't fit it. That's a large reason for the distrust of authority in America right now.

I never cited ANY example. You chose that one. And it was bogus because the people involved denied it? Sorry. Show me an independent investigation before calling it bogus. But still, it wasn't my example to begin with. That's a clear definition of a strawman. You build it up and attack that. I never even mentioned the Cherry Hill story. And my personally witnessing something means nothing? Irrelevant when it proves the exact situation I described, as an eye witness? Well, I'll just go kill myself now then, because obviously I'm lying to... do something. What is my motivation to lie about it? I don't have a dog in the fight, I just want the truth. I don't like the media cherry picking facts to fit their narrative and making it up when it doesn't fit it. That's a large reason for the distrust of authority in America right now.
Paladin181, we don’t always agree but this needs to be in all bold.

Reactions: paladin181
Glad you are better. Thanks for sharing you unbiased, unpolitical, very human experience.Because of you we know it's close at hand, very unpleasant, lasts awhile, and can be survived by someone middle aged. Those are facts....worth their weight in gold in this world.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979

Are you kidding me CNN and CBS credible news sources? They haven't reported news for a decade.

Last edited:
Quick update. I have type A or AB blood, my wife has O. She did not test positive but did have mild cold symptoms while I was sick. We are spending a few days at Tybee Island and after less than 24 hours here my cough is way better and the lung inflammation is gone. So if you do get sick, consider getting some ocean air if you can.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT