ADVERTISEMENT

MY ONLY POST ABOUT XT

MANAFOLD

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2004
The way his commitment to Clemson came about was strange indeed. It certainly smells like a fish wrap. With Clemson's past reputation, one would have to think the kid's recruitment by Dabo was not above board. I really don't think his playing us the fool will contribute to our downfall one bit. I doubt if he becomes the superstar Clemson tells him he will be. Just another kid not at all serious about college, just one that "will take my greatness to Clemson" in hopes to get a quick jump to the NFL and big bucks. Personally, I don't think you build a truly great program with these types. I'll take character kids if they are only 3* recruits coming out of high school any day.

The way his commitment to Clemson came about was strange indeed. It certainly smells like a fish wrap. With Clemson's past reputation, one would have to think the kid's recruitment by Dabo was not above board. I really don't think his playing us the fool will contribute to our downfall one bit. I doubt if he becomes the superstar Clemson tells him he will be. Just another kid not at all serious about college, just one that "will take my greatness to Clemson" in hopes to get a quick jump to the NFL and big bucks. Personally, I don't think you build a truly great program with these types. I'll take character kids if they are only 3* recruits coming out of high school any day.
My thoughts exactly.

Ok, I'm sure Dabo will be happy to take all the 5 stars!!

The way his commitment to Clemson came about was strange indeed. It certainly smells like a fish wrap. With Clemson's past reputation, one would have to think the kid's recruitment by Dabo was not above board.

Oh yeah, a player signs with a reigning national champion program, so something must not be "above board."

I really don't think his playing us the fool will contribute to our downfall one bit.

How far is there to fall?

I doubt if he becomes the superstar Clemson tells him he will be. Just another kid not at all serious about college,

Are you under the impression that most highly recruited athletes are?

just one that "will take my greatness to Clemson" in hopes to get a quick jump to the NFL and big bucks. Personally, I don't think you build a truly great program with these types. I'll take character kids if they are only 3* recruits coming out of high school any day.

You're smearing someone's character without knowing him?

It sucks. With him growing up a fan, it's a hard pill to swallow. But did they cheat, who knows?

Let's move on and worry about ourselves. They have had 9 years as a staff to build a program and they had some talent on the roster before that. We have a challenge ahead of us but I think we have the right guy to do it.

You can keep your 3 stars and I will play you with all of my 5 stars that will go to the NFL in 3 years and beat you by 50. If you want to win you better recruit better. You will end up 6-6. The independence bowl is calling.

Last edited:
I don't follow recruiting since I grew up but kids pick schools for all sorts of reasons.

We miss on some and of course we land plenty. Move on.

You registered nearly 6 years ago and you have posted three times. All three in this thread on GCC. You clearly don't care to discuss sports. Yet after everything that has gone on in the past 6 years, for some reason you felt compelled to gloat on your rival's board today. That's why you'll always be a very small person. Good luck.

Yeah, he's here to gloat about a 17 year old player committing to a team that he doesn't play for at a school he probably didn't attend. He's a winner.

Reactions: SCGCock07
You can keep your 3 stars and I will play you with all of my 5 stars that will go to the NFL in 3 years and beat you by 50. If you want to win you better recruit better. You will end up 6-6. The independence bowl is calling.
3* are what destroyed Clempson in 2009 with all that supposed 4-5 star 'talent'. It only takes a few people to drive a team to greatness. For us it was Lattimore and Shaw. For Clempson it was Watson.

I think Clempson fans should enjoy their NC but remain humble because of their uncertain future. If you want to brag and proclaim that Clempson's future is bright... I only have to give Auburn 2010 as an example.

With Watson gone, now you can really see where your program is at. All this talk about how Clemspon is on Alabama's level with the media and fans is pathetic. You have two successful years while Alabama has been destroying everyone since 2008.

It sucks to lose XT but you have to admit he added some unnecessary drama. At least Clowney was considering his options to the end and then walked away from the media blitz. XT hasn't even started college and he's already letting the attention get to him. What some of the fans on here are saying is that attitude could be a bit of a negative thing for him when he joins the Clempson team.

Reactions: lowcountrytiger
Jesus, how many Clemson fans are on this board? You guys get tired of the circle jerk on taternet?

I think it basically works like this:
- If a thread is about internal SC issues (who is being recruited, etc) no CU people will post.
- If it is about Saturday football some CU posters who want to talk football will post.
- If the thread is "Clempsin Sux" the CU posters who want to trash talk with post.

That's every forum in the world. The content of the forum is in the subject matter. The OP is basically responsible for who posts, and what is posted. Can't blame the world for this one.

Reactions: cutiger55
- If a thread is about internal SC issues (who is being recruited, etc) no CU people will post.
- If it is about Saturday football some CU posters who want to talk football will post.
- If the thread is "Clempsin Sux" the CU posters who want to trash talk with post.

That's every forum in the world. The content of the forum is in the subject matter. The OP is basically responsible for who posts, and what is posted. Can't blame the world for this one.
There's a handful of knowledgeable Clempson posters that come here. The problem is the new Clempson posters looking to troll. And yes, you get both types talking about all sorts of things that are non-Clempson related.

And that's not every forum in the world. Each forum has a different atmosphere. The Bad Apple bans any Gamecock fans for simply posting. TigerNet.com isn't quick to ban but has a congregation of purple shaded idiots that circle jerk their own opinions worst than a reddit thread. Here? You actually get a wide variety of Gamecock fans from sunshine pumpers to 'goth-like the world is dead to me' Gamecock posters who think we are forever doomed. Sometimes it's too much seeing Gamecock fans eat their own here.

He choose to be a Tiger, but I wouldn't put my money in a bank that don't open til 2018.....many things could happen. One thing I do know, if the Clemson recruiting train don't crash, there are some ruff rails ahead for SC

He choose to be a Tiger, but I wouldn't put my money in a bank that don't open til 2018.....many things could happen. One thing I do know, if the Clemson recruiting train don't crash, there are some ruff rails ahead for SC
Clempson has had an impressive recruiting train since 2011. I would assume the NC is going to bump it up a notch but to act like there's much difference now than it was 6 years ago isn't really based on much facts.

Clempson had an impressive class in 2011 and it still didn't get them to the NC. They still got dominated by USC. As I said in a post above.... the difference was Watson. Having a bunch of 5 stars doesn't mean success. Ask Sammy Potkins.

Reactions: lowcountrytiger

There's a handful of knowledgeable Clempson posters that come here. The problem is the new Clempson posters looking to troll. And yes, you get both types talking about all sorts of things that are non-Clempson related.

And that's not every forum in the world. Each forum has a different atmosphere. The Bad Apple bans any Gamecock fans for simply posting. TigerNet.com isn't quick to ban but has a congregation of purple shaded idiots that circle jerk their own opinions worst than a reddit thread. Here? You actually get a wide variety of Gamecock fans from sunshine pumpers to 'goth-like the world is dead to me' Gamecock posters who think we are forever doomed. Sometimes it's too much seeing Gamecock fans eat their own here.

Its your board, and I am not going to argue what I see as an inaccurate second paragraph, but those new troll posters? They are on the Clempsin Sux threads.

Ah, there’s the Manafold I expect to see… There’s just so much wrong with this post. First of all (just like Manafold) I have no actual knowledge of how XT’s recruitment ended up here. For all I know, someone paid him off or Dabo used the Jedi Mind Trick on him. I just have no idea. BUT, before I go wildly accusing someone (whom everyone on here thought was a good kid with high character when he was trending USC) of being bought and taking cash, I generally look for a legitimate reason for their actions.

I’m not sure how the smell test isn’t passed here. Sure, when a blue chip prospect suddenly commits to a school he’s never visited (a la Ole Miss), then YES, that smells. But XT has been on Clemson's campus 3 times already this year and multiple times last season as well. Sure, he’s been to USC more, but that was as much a function of geography (USC is much closer to Florence) as anything else. He’s had enough trips to both campus’s to get a feel for where he want to be… There’s no suddenly to it.

Again, with the assumption that something is not above board given Clemson’s past reputation. Clemson has not been penalized since before TB in 1999. USC certainly can’t say the same. Ancient history. Dabo (since becoming head coach) has recruited 16 5-star players to Clemson (USC has 1- Clowney). How is getting one more some sort of indication of cheating? That’s just business as usual in the upstate. With the NC in our pocket and the rise of our national brand over the past few years, Clemson EXPECTS lots of elite players to visit and some of them to decide to commit. This is no surprise at all, just the natural results of consistently winning on the field at the highest level.

Only USC fans think he played you… Even Clemson fans (as much as we’d love it) don’t. I guess this is some sort of reaction to not getting an elite player that a lot of people were counting on. He made a decision and shut down contact with your school and coaches… it’s as simple as that.

Contribute to your downfall? Dude, take a look at your program from 2010 forward. You’ve gone from being a really good football team to a losing squad over the last two years. The downfall has happened. A more accurate statement would be that he won’t contribute to your rebuilding the program. Well, OK... If you don't think that the #3 player in the country (Rivals) can help elevate the talent on your DL, I am not going to try to argue with you. Take some random 3-star instead. We’ll stick with XT.

Who knows if he will pan out in college? He may be a bust, he may be a superstar. No one can say at this point… He certainly has all the tools to be great.

So you don’t build a great program with top level talent? Bama, FSU, Ohio State, and (yes) Clemson would disagree with you. Each of these programs recruit at an elite level and lose junior classmen every year to the NFL draft. Yet somehow these programs seem to soldier on…

To end on a positive note, I agree about taking 3-star character kids. That’s what USC has to do to build back up talent wise. Take those kids that are willing to work their asses off, red shirt them and let them play. By year 5, a team full of players like this that know the system inside and out and are all about the team can play with anyone.

Reactions: flotiger and atgmck
Ok, I'm sure Dabo will be happy to take all the 5 stars!!
You had two big years with Watson. Has it ever dawned on you that Watson was the reason for all the success? As it now stands, doubt if Dabo can even win the conference this year in as usual the weak ACC . Character three stars just might whip your little Orange tails at WB this year.

You had two big years with Watson. Has it ever dawned on you that Watson was the reason for all the success? As it now stands, doubt if Dabo can even win the conference this year in as usual the weak ACC . Character three stars just might whip your little Orange tails at WB this year.
Things will change without Watson. As for us I'll take 3* all day like Deebo and Rico.

Deebo was 4 star.

QUOTE="jimnasium, post: 3283292, member: 112"]Things will change without Watson. As for us I'll take 3* all day like Deebo and Rico.[/QUOTE]

Really, is that how it works on your boards? After the 5th double digit victory over Clemson, it never occurred to me that I needed to head on over to tater net. And when Clowney committed, which was greeted in cow town with the same hysterics and accusations as the XT situation, I never felt the need to get involved in the discussion. Weird.

Reactions: BigTomE and vehemon
Really, is that how it works on your boards? After the 5th double digit victory over Clemson, it never occurred to me that I needed to head on over to tater net. And when Clowney committed, which was greeted in cow town with the same hysterics and accusations as the XT situation, I never felt the need to get involved in the discussion. Weird.
giphy.gif

I'm guessing we'll be lucky to score 10 points since we won't be able to block their front once again. Until our D-line can disrupt their offense like we did those 5 years we won't have a chance.

You misunderstand the message. Not all 5 * recruits fit this mold. We need all the 5* players we can get who want to be at USC and don't string us along.

Congrats to you. If all posters were like you, wouldnt be having this discussion. But yes, the CU boards were full of SC posters, on the threads that were 'SC Sux' posts. Not as many of those there now. More here. Go figure.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT