ADVERTISEMENT

My solution to players skipping bowls....

Gamecockben1979

Jun 5, 2017
Since this is a hot topic now......

Step 1: Expand college football playoff to top 16 teams. In order to do so, eliminate conference titles. Use the top 8 bowls: Fiesta, Rose, Cotton, Orange, Peach, Citrus, Sugar, Gator. Rotate semi finals and finals to different locations OR choose a different site (Atlanta, Dallas, Tampa, etc.....)

Step 2: An “NIT” like football playoff for the next 16 teams. Instead of playing one game against an okay opponent the opportunity is there to play against a couple of teams, several of which may have future NFL draft picks. It could be seen as a way to boost draft stock for those that are not first rounders. This also could boost interest for the lesser bowls providing some pretty good matchups and a chance to play more games for the winners.

If you’re not in the top 32, you don’t go to a bowl. Makes the bowls more meaningful again.

Your thoughts??

Reactions: sadd66
My first reaction is that this thread would’ve been perfect as a response to the other 2 page thread, currently one spot above this one, about how to fix star players skipping bowls.

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
My first reaction is that this thread would’ve been perfect as a response to the other 2 page thread, currently one spot above this one, about how to fix star players skipping bowls.

Maybe but that ones getting pretty lengthy. Thought I would offer an alternative

Reactions: HI Cock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT