ADVERTISEMENT

My starting 5 for the basketball team, what's yours?

His 3 pointer needs to start falling. He's a capable shooter. Notice had a really tough time early in his career before his shot started falling.

Besides that, Minaya is a wing player. He's a good perimeter defender and a really good rebounder at the 3 spot.
I will watch him closely the next game. I did not see the 3 games on CBSS (I don't get the channel) but I saw highlights. He reminds me of Carrera but not as quick. Carrera became a good scorer his senior year. If Minaya can do that too then he will be more valuable. (IMHO) Right now, defense and rebounding are his strengths. We need offense. (Again, IMHO)

Reactions: 75CarolinaFan
Bolden
Lawson
Bryant
Minaya
Kotsar

With Couisnard as the first player off the bench.

Bolden is a 1 and Frink is a 4; I don't see those as interchangeable parts.
Coaches don't substitute based on positions alone. You take Bolden out and slide Lawson, Cousinard, and Bryant down a position to match up with bigger lineups. I think you know that, but probably didn't like that I left someone out that you would like to see in there.

Coaches don't substitute based on positions alone. You take Bolden out and slide Lawson, Cousinard, and Bryant down a position to match up with bigger lineups. I think you know that, but probably didn't like that I left someone out that you would like to see in there.
I still can't see replacing Bolden with Frink as a starter. Bolden had an off game at UMASS, but he's valuable with his ability to stretch a defense.

I still can't see replacing Bolden with Frink as a starter. Bolden had an off game at UMASS, but he's valuable with his ability to stretch a defense.
Depends on who we are playing. With most teams playing 4 around 1 or 5 out offenses, one big works. However, when you play teams like Kentucky, playing 2 bigs more makes sense. Long term, I like McCreary and Leveque better than Frink. However, I wouldn't trust them just yet as a coach.

Too slow on defense, gets blocked by guys half a foot shorter on offense, gets outrebounded too often by Minaya etc, and often times can't make a layup.
BS. He has been the most consistent performer on our team this season on both sides of the ball and it is not close. Your break down is asinine and full of overly dramatic blanket statements rife with exaggeration. He is no Shaq but he is by far the best big man on our team right now and trashing him like this is completely childish and unnecessary.

BS. He has been the most consistent performer on our team this season on both sides of the ball and it is not close. Your break down is asinine and full of overly dramatic blanket statements rife with exaggeration. He is no Shaq but he is by far the best big man on our team right now and trashing him like this is completely childish and unnecessary.
To be fair, Kotsar tried the lay the ball up instead of dunking and got stuffed by 5'10" Jared Harper last year. I think Kotsar's lack of aggressiveness sticks in the minds of a lot of people in that way.

To be fair, Kotsar tried the lay the ball up instead of dunking and got stuffed by 5'10" Jared Harper last year. I think Kotsar's lack of aggressiveness sticks in the minds of a lot of people in that way.
That is fair- he has struggled with confidence on offense at times, but he is averaging 10/6 at this point in the season and seems to be having a better year overall so far. I am just saying there is no reason to run him down like that guy was doing..

Reactions: Sensible Rooster
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT