ADVERTISEMENT

My take on Hassani Gravett

Lucas_Jackson

Jul 18, 2007
Gravett, like all point guards, takes a lot of the blame when the team loses. That's just how it is, kind of like a quarterback in basketball.

He plays hard (at ALL times), and has actually had a much better year than most realize. He shoots about 39% from the field and 31% from the three point line. Both respectable.

More importantly, he has a 2.0 assist to turnover ratio, which is pretty darn good for a guy who is playing point guard for the FIRST time. He averages less than 2 turnovers a game.

The fact that we only had 5 turnovers against Georgia (to their 17) is the undeniable reason we won that game (Gravett had 5 assists, and ZERO turnovers).

Throw in 72% from the free throw line (again, not great but respectable), and he's got pretty decent numbers.

I like him, but then again I like anyone who comes to South Carolina and gives their all to represent us as student athletes!

Gravett, like all point guards, takes a lot of the blame when the team loses. That's just how it is, kind of like a quarterback in basketball.

He plays hard (at ALL times), and has actually had a much better year than most realize. He shoots about 39% from the field and 31% from the three point line. Both respectable.

More importantly, he has a 2.0 assist to turnover ratio, which is pretty darn good for a guy who is playing point guard for the FIRST time. He averages less than 2 turnovers a game.

The fact that we only had 5 turnovers against Georgia (to their 17) is the undeniable reason we won that game (Gravett had 5 assists, and ZERO turnovers).

Throw in 72% from the free throw line (again, not great but respectable), and he's got pretty decent numbers.

I like him, but then again I like anyone who comes to South Carolina and gives their all to represent us as student athletes!
I agree he plays hard and gives his all. He has also improved a bit as the year has progressed. That said, he struggles in a leadership role and decision making role, particularly at crunch time. Not him in particular, but the PG role is the biggest reason we couldn't close out T.T., Tenn. and some of the other tight games that have put us on the outside looking in.

He did make a big three against UGA but right after that he got his shot swatted on an unnecessary drive to the basket. Frank doesn't have a choice but to play him at crunch time. I think we all (including Frank) knows we need a major upgrade at point-guard if we want to dance. We struggle at times at other positions but we are a PG away from being in the NCAA this year. You can try to convince yourself otherwise but it's true.

Reactions: thisisnextyr
The Red Lion is out of position as a PG. Has done a decent job this year. Next year he will be a 2 and maybe can showcase his skills. Last year he was dreadful to say the least.

The Red Lion is out of position as a PG. Has done a decent job this year. Next year he will be a 2 and maybe can showcase his skills. Last year he was dreadful to say the least.
The Red Rooster-Now that is a player!

At Georgia last month. Last two minutes, we had 7 or 8 point lead, GA went to full court press. We turned it over immediately and they clearly frustrated us the next time. CFM had Gravett take all in bounds passes and he beat the press every time to secure the win.

Out of position? No way he's a shooting guard. Btw- I believe he is a senior.

He's like the girl with the coral, when he's good he's very good but when he's bad he's very bad

Gravett looked pretty good today, 8-13 from the field 3of 6 on 3 point attempts, one of which was a buzzer beater to send the game into overtime.

Gravett looked pretty good today, 8-13 from the field 3of 6 on 3 point attempts, one of which was a buzzer beater to send the game into overtime.

Definitely one of Hassani's best games as a Gamecock. Too bad Silva chose yet another game down the stretch in which to underwhelm. He turned it over in like 3 of the last 4 times he touched the ball between the last minute of regulation and OT. This season could've been a lot different if our best player was more consistent.

Reactions: roosterbell
Hassani was good other than his 8 turnovers. His season high was 4 before today. We were way too careless as a team with the ball today. That's where we lost it.

His turnovers may have cost us the game. Dribbled one off of his foot, lazy passes, getting picked from behind, etc.

They scored 21 points off giveaways. Most of Hassani's turnovers turned into points for Miss St.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT