ADVERTISEMENT

My wife and I got the Covid-19 test today.

The Health Department said they would contact us by phone in three to five day, with the results. If we test positive will be have to self quarantine?
Here’s hoping y’all test negative. I know you’ve said your high risk. Stay safe. Y’all feeling bad or did you come into contact with someone who had it?

Reactions: Freddie.B.Cocky
Have you been feeling bad?

No, but the Health Department said they were administering the test and one didn't have to show symptoms to get tested. All during this pandemic we have taken all of the precautions but we have had to get out buy groceries, go to the doctor, etc. There wasn't a huge line when we drove by the HD so we just decided to get the test. By the time we completed the paperwork they were ready to test us. So we weren't causing anyone else not to be tested nor were we delaying anyone from getting tested. So hence we got tested because I'm in about three high risk categories and my wife is in one high risk category.

No, but the Health Department said they were administering the test and one didn't have to show symptoms to get tested. All during this pandemic we have taken all of the precautions but we have had to get out buy groceries, go to the doctor, etc. There wasn't a huge line when we drove by the HD so we just decided to get the test. By the time we completed the paperwork they were ready to test us. So we weren't causing anyone else not to be tested nor were we delaying anyone from getting tested. So hence we got tested because I'm in about three high risk categories and my wife is in one high risk category.

Did it hurt?

I think the testing backlog has eased. Results quicker now. It took 15 for me to get mine back. By then I was out of quaranteen and back to work.

In SC you still have the freedom to make adult decisions - no one will make you do anything. However, if you think you may have the virus, the right thing to do is to do everything possible to prevent exposing anyone else until such time that you get a negative test or you are well (no fever for 72 hours prior and greatly improved symptoms). Delivery services can provide you most anything you need. Stay home and get well!

Reactions: Gamecockben1979
Did you just get it for the heck of it, or did you have reason to think you needed to get tested (symptoms or close contact with a positive)? If you needed to get tested, you should probably be quarantining right now. And, yes, if you test positive, you'll have to quarantine.

I got it done just because I am in about three or four high risk categories depending on how you count them. I'm 75, I have asthma and COPD, my blood type is A positive and I'm a male. My wife is only in one high risk category that I'm aware of and that being she is 68.

I live in NC and I don't know if they have dedicated more resources to Covid-19 testing or not. But on the news it was stated you don't have to be exhibiting any symptoms so I said why not.

The single biggest reason if I have Covid I don't think I will last 14 days due to the high risk categories that plague me.

Reactions: bucketdad
I got it done just because I am in about three or four high risk categories depending on how you count them. I'm 75, I have asthma and COPD, my blood type is A positive and I'm a male. My wife is only in one high risk category that I'm aware of and that being she is 68.

I live in NC and I don't know if they have dedicated more resources to Covid-19 testing or not. But on the news it was stated you don't have to be exhibiting any symptoms so I said why not.

The single biggest reason if I have Covid I don't think I will last 14 days due to the high risk categories that plague me.

Hope you and your family stay safe. I think you did the right thing by testing. Like others have said, out of an abundance of caution I would stay out of public until you get confirmation.

The Health Department said they would contact us by phone in three to five day, with the results. If we test positive will be have to self quarantine?

Mean while back on the farm while waiting on results for 3-5 days... You have been to wal-mart, costco, other grocery stores and etc already infected..

Does it really matter that you and your wife self quarantine???

This testing is really silly.... We're going to get this COVID 19 like it or not... Kind of like the flu... We just need to move on and quit shutting down the world...

Reactions: Cybercock
Hey Freddie you did the right thing and yes If you test positive quarantine. I had friends that tested at work who felt fine and tested positive and Unknowingly passed it on to family that got extremely sick , one of which was in ICU for days . Hope everything comes out Ok . Keep us updated

Hey Freddie you did the right thing and yes If you test positive quarantine. I had friends that tested at work who felt fine and tested positive and Unknowingly passed it on to family that got extremely sick , one of which was in ICU for days . Hope everything comes out Ok . Keep us updated

Will do! Plus, another reason we got tested is that one of us could be asymptomatic . That would be highly unlikely at our age, especially me. But my wife has blood type O but she is 68. Again, it would be highly unlikely but it's possible I suppose.

Yea....why would someone test unless they think they got it. And if you think you got it, quarantine.
And if you get sick with the symptoms, you likely got it regardless of the test outcome. :eek:

The symptoms mirror about 100 other sicknesses. Those other sicknesses did not just go away when Covid came on the scene. You could have 100 things

Good luck to yall Freddie. I totally get wanting to get a test as high risk individuals. I'm one myself. Would love to see a good antibody test made more available for those of us in semi lockdown mode. I know I'd feel a lot better knowing if I've already had it... for a piece of mind if nothing else.

The symptoms mirror about 100 other sicknesses. Those other sicknesses did not just go away when Covid came on the scene. You could have 100 things
And you could also have no symptoms.
And you could also test negative this week, and test positive next week.

I’ve heard a few first hand accounts from people that have gotten the virus and From that I don’t understand why you wouldn’t take every precaution not to get it and and possibly pass it on! A year ago I would wonder to myself why is that person wearing a mask today I would ask myself why is that person not wearing a mask, things change quickly!

Freddie, we did the same thing as you and your wife, no exposures but both of us at risk. Test results came back negative and we hit the road for our 20th anniversary trip. Driving, eating outside, staying in a small three room rental on a horse farm where all we saw were horses, few folks, and green pastures. So get that negative test back, pack your masks and wipes and take that road trip you been wanting to take. Other than dealing with public bathrooms--use Wendy's, lobby's mostly open and one person at a time-we were dealing with and handling the same risks there as here.

But don't get me wrong, if you don't feel comfortable don't do it. The wife wanted to extend our trip, but I was not comfortable with anything but what we had planned. Gotta try to manage the risk and take only those you can take.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT