ADVERTISEMENT

My wife's opinion on the Vandy game

jjjpppbbb

Jun 10, 2010
First, my wife grew up on Vandy. She's from Nashville, went to UT, and my father-in-law led Vandy in tackles as a team captain his senior year, back in the 70's. Parcells was his DC. I reminded her that the game was this weekend in Nashville and that a lot of us were nervous about the game:

Wife: "Nervous? Why!?"
Me: "Because they're fighters and we're still trying to figure out who we are."
Wife: (exasperated) "They may be fighters, but they're also good at losing."

I'd like not to prove her wrong this weekend.

I am proud that we share a conference affiliation with Vanderbilt. I have the greatest respect and admiration for their University, student body and alumni. They have attained, for what many strive.

Reactions: Horseshoe 04
42 hours and 42 minutes (weather permitting) before toss of coin.

Last edited:
My worst fear right now is to win this game by 21+ points but still lose to Kentucky next week.

I've said this multiple times here on the forums... I'll be in Vegas the Kentucky weekend.
If we lose... i'm not coming back. Just going to live int he sewers there until I figure things out.

Reactions: gamecockfan04
First, my wife grew up on Vandy. She's from Nashville, went to UT, and my father-in-law led Vandy in tackles as a team captain his senior year, back in the 70's. Parcells was his DC. I reminded her that the game was this weekend in Nashville and that a lot of us were nervous about the game:

We have a history of losing to Vandy and to Kentucky. I fully expect us to lose to Vandy and Kentucky this year. We don’t have a running game , and we can’t stop the running game of opponents.

We have a history of losing to Vandy and to Kentucky. I fully expect us to lose to Vandy and Kentucky this year. We don’t have a running game , and we can’t stop the running game of opponents.
If this is the case, it's going to get mighty uncomfortable around here.

Reactions: Harvard Gamecock
I am proud that we share a conference affiliation with Vanderbilt. I have the greatest respect and admiration for their University, student body and alumni. They have attained, for what many strive.

Only other school in the league I can respect & pull for. This week however just run it down their throats & let them earn their respect with someone else on their schedule

Reactions: cockofdawn

AJ Turner had 15 carries for 121 yards 8.1 yard per carry vs. Vanderbilt last season.

The first game of this season we rushed for 267 yards, 7.2 yards per carry. We didn't run the ball well against Georgia, but we were also playing from behind and only attempted 19 called running plays.

Pics of said wife or I'm calling BS.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT