ADVERTISEMENT

Myles Murphy

gfluvsthecocks

Gold Member
Jan 31, 2011
Two crystal ball predictions for UNC in the last few days. Before that it was all USC. Should we be concerned?

I hope it’s to build suspense for his commitment to us.

Two crystal ball predictions for UNC in the last few days. Before that it was all USC. Should we be concerned?
Yes, I am worried about Murphy to UCheat and Tank, Lloyd, and Doty to dawgs or Bama (or other SEC West schools). After seeing that a group of them were visiting SEC schools west of us, has put a scare in me. We can not possibly lost any of them. I sure hope we can keep Burch in Columbia. Losing Walker is tough enough and now we may lose more. Please say "it ain't so".

“We”??
Lol. You showed yourself long ago
Lmao...dude Ive been to more road games than you have home games. Sorry, I dont blindly believe in someone just because they're our coach. Hell, i've worked with one our former players who is in the NFL so Im pretty sure Ive did more than most on here to help our program.

Reactions: SOSUSC
What do you think of this? The style of recruiting between Muschamp and Dabo.

https://clemson.rivals.com/news/clemson-tigers-recruiting-football-dabo-swinney
I really dont have an opinion about their recruiting. I think we all know they have their ways. Im just wondering why we aren't doing better when we just built this big old multi miion dollar building. At this point it seems like a waste when we are going to end up about 17th after its said and done. Muschamp best beat some ranked teams this year.

Why would you even consider Unc? I know this is off the topic but we need at least four good WRs in this class. I hope we get that Juco WR.

We need to worry about winning games period . If we crap the bed this year , like last year of course guys like Doty, Lloyd and Tank are going somewhere else . Top recruits wanna play for top programs . We can’t cry and moan when great local kids choose to go to better programs . Start beating some of your competitors . Honestly , if I’m a 5 star recruit in SC and I watched the Belk Bowl there’s no chance in Hell i’m committing for 2020 until I see this team take a big step forward next year .

Why would any top recruit choose uncarolina? Their stadium holds 50k max, and looks half empty for every game I’ve seen. Not sure what they are selling, but definitely not a football school

Mack will win at UNC. The staff he has assembled is nothing to sneeze at. I wonder if people laughed at us when we got SOS? Nope, they laughed when we hired Muschamp. Its his year to prove em wrong.
They did? He has outperformed expectations (except maybe the bowl game last year) with not a great deal of talented depth. He is getting that now and our trajectory is up. This year will be a tough schedule, but we should still be better than last year.

Mack Brown will grow tire of UNC in a few years (or them of him). I believe he won’t do that well this time around. Time will tell.

The crystal ball is down to 55% USC and 45% UNC. The newest predictions are in favor of UNC.

Not sure what's going on but it looks similar to the Savion Jackson situation last year. Hope we somehow can still get him. It couldn't hurt to soundly whip them to start the season.

9311853.png

Yes, I am worried about Murphy to UCheat and Tank, Lloyd, and Doty to dawgs or Bama (or other SEC West schools). After seeing that a group of them were visiting SEC schools west of us, has put a scare in me. We can not possibly lost any of them. I sure hope we can keep Burch in Columbia. Losing Walker is tough enough and now we may lose more. Please say "it ain't so".

I share your concerns. In typical SC fashion we will end up with 2 of the 5 and 3 replacements that everyone will say are "just as good."

The five I am talking about are Murphy, Bigsby, Burch, Tisdol and Grimes.

I trust in our coaches, as this is by far the best and hardest recruiting staff we have had.Champ brought our recruiting structure out of the 90's and modeled it after Bama with the anaylsts and all. He has to start doing it on the field, I know.This year will be better even if the record doesn't reflect it.I truly believe this was/is a 5 year rebuild so I think our best days still lie ahead.You will not see what this team looks like for real until 2021.I say all this to say ,we have done everything we cld do to get guys like Walker to hold on and to get Murphy in the fold.You cant win them all but we will get our share and if Murphy does commit to the holes who is to say he will stick?Keep the faith.

I trust in our coaches, as this is by far the best and hardest recruiting staff we have had.Champ brought our recruiting structure out of the 90's and modeled it after Bama with the anaylsts and all. He has to start doing it on the field, I know.This year will be better even if the record doesn't reflect it.I truly believe this was/is a 5 year rebuild so I think our best days still lie ahead.You will not see what this team looks like for real until 2021.I say all this to say ,we have done everything we cld do to get guys like Walker to hold on and to get Murphy in the fold.You cant win them all but we will get our share and if Murphy does commit to the holes who is to say he will stick?Keep the faith.
No this year will not be better if the record doesn’t reflect it. Wins and loses is all that matters. We stopped being happy with close loses when Lou came. We not going back to brad Scott days are we? Win or GTFO or move down to d coordinator

Last edited:

Why do you trust the coaches? Last year proved them unworthy of my trust.

If this is the "hardest recruiting staff" we have ever had, maybe he needs to follow Spurriers recruiting plan and work smarter not harder.
haha So we will have to wait another 3 years to see what kind Muschamp is made of? GTFO

Reactions: uscnoklahoma2
I don't see why he would pick the Tarheels; play in front of 25-35K fans-- tops, play at noon on Jefferson Pilot a couple of times per year against, Wake/Duke/Syracuse/Ga Tech, sit at home during the holidays with no bowl, etc, etc...

It will take Mack Brown a number of recruiting cycles just to get them bowl eligible. Why would a Murphy want to wait that long? I see they--unc--have him and Payton Page together in a photo. I don't see that kid next year turning down Clemson or Bama as he is a 5 star.

I think in the end Murphy picks us....it's a gamble to go to UNC...--if he does not, we'll see him on the Jefferson Pilot noon game of the week a couple of times, maybe...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT