ADVERTISEMENT

N.C. State

hapcock

Gold Member
Dec 26, 2000
The Wolfpack is notorious for unethical play in football. I’m concern about Bentley being deliberately injured. Anyone remember Kent Heywood’s broken leg in 1984 (Black Magic). Who can forget the clock with 32 seconds left in the game which took about two minutes to play? They are projected to have a better than average defense. The cocks will triumph. But, they are a dangerous team. No injuries please.

The Wolfpack is notorious for unethical play in football. I’m concern about Bentley being deliberately injured. Anyone remember Kent Heywood’s broken leg in 1984 (Black Magic). Who can forget the clock with 32 seconds left in the game which took about two minutes to play? They are projected to have a better than average defense. The cocks will triumph. But, they are a dangerous team. No injuries please.
Lol.

You forgot to mention them putting Todd Ellis out in 89 after his "six shooter" deal in 88 @ Carter Finley.

But that was 28 and 33 years ago. Multiple changes in head coaches. Not sure if they're still a pack of goons like back then.

The '80s against State were some crazy games. My dad says he remembers going to Raleigh in '86 where there was a bogus call at the end by the refs to give State the game. There were a ton of fights in the parking lot after that one. I remember attending the '89 State game in Columbia where Ellis ended his career and Demasi took over-all down hill after that.

You forgot to mention them putting Todd Ellis out in 89 after his "six shooter" deal in 88 @ Carter Finley.

But that was 28 and 33 years ago. Multiple changes in head coaches. Not sure if they're still a pack of goons like back then.
That was Agnew and company. Certifiable thugs.

Reactions: danny_dristor
They're going to be coming after Bentley for that one!
giphy.gif

Reactions: king ward
stop whining, crying and fearing the worst...let's just go to Charlotte and kick some ass

I doubt any of the current players and half the coaches would be able to name one player on those teams.

Saying that, protection for Bentley in EVERY game cannot be overstated. He needs to stay in the pocket, ditch the ball if nothing is there, and Wolf and company better be on their game. Hopefully we can establish a running game and take a lot of pressure off of him.

None of that crap had anything to do with 2017. I remember 1986 well. State received a second chance at a Hail Mary due to a bogus clock operator. Danny peebles caught that second chance and admitting to pushing off in the paper. It was bullsh-(( and everyone knew it. Got jobbed up there. Revenge came in 87. 48-0 cocks if I recall. People forget the 88 game. We won in Raleigh but the hospitable state fans pelted our guys with batteries and liquor bottles.

None of that crap had anything to do with 2017. I remember 1986 well. State received a second chance at a Hail Mary due to a bogus clock operator. Danny peebles caught that second chance and admitting to pushing off in the paper. It was bullsh-(( and everyone knew it. Got jobbed up there. Revenge came in 87. 48-0 cocks if I recall. People forget the 88 game. We won in Raleigh but the hospitable state fans pelted our guys with batteries and liquor bottles.
You're right-not very relevant to '17 but fun to recollect.

In that 87 game we blitzed the entire game and sent three QBs out of the game injured. The whole 4th quarter all they did was hand off because they didn't want us to incapacitate a fourth QB.

Bad news, they are worse! Doren coaches seems to coach on field thuggery . Look for lots of helmet to helmet hits and straight out attempts to put your key players out of the game.

Forget being worried about NC State. If anyone should be having nightmares from 30 years ago it should be the Wolfsack being afraid of Patrick Hinton. He single handedly beat them. RIP Patrick

I was at the game and Hagood broke his ankle by trying to spin out of a legit tackle, the guy was holding on to his foot when Kent spun.

Revenge for questionable hits from Reagan era ballgames. Oh my. That's Rockne type motivation for our players in 2017 no doubt about it.

In that 87 game we blitzed the entire game and sent three QBs out of the game injured. The whole 4th quarter all they did was hand off because they didn't want us to incapacitate a fourth QB.
I think NCSU had less than 50 yards of total offense in that game.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT