ADVERTISEMENT

Nalyssa Smith USAToday article

lawcalcock

Apr 8, 2016
http://usatodayhss.com/?p=101192654

NaLyssa Smith is ranked as the No. 3 player in the Class of 2018 by ESPN, but that hasn’t changed anything. Just look at her Twitter feed where this week she pinned this hashtag: #slepton.”

“I do feel I’m still slept on, even though coaches know me and have heard of me,” she said.

For a player who has been wowing observers since she was about 5 years old, it’s a unique statement, but also a clear indication that the work never stops, no matter where she is ranked.

Smith has multiple offers and said she is down to a top 9 and is taking visits. Her top four in no order: South Carolina, Louisville, Ohio State and Baylor.

A 6-foot-4 junior forward for East Central (Converse, Texas), Smith is playing this summer for the adidas-sponsored SA Finest program. The program’s Class of 2017 had double-digit scholarship players moving on to college.

Smith was a double-double machine for East Central.

“I am hoping to work on taking people off the dribble more and finish around the basket,” she said of her goals for the summer.

Nalyssa has already taken her official to USC the week after the National Championship game

Reactions: gamecockblack
Good article, I love our chances to get her. If we get the # 1 recruit, #3 and #6 recruit in the 2018 class along with Shepherd from Nebraska, I smell National Championship based on stats alone.

Good article, I love our chances to get her. If we get the # 1 recruit, #3 and #6 recruit in the 2018 class along with Shepherd from Nebraska, I smell National Championship based on stats alone.

Shepard's dad wants her to stay at Nebraska according to a news article i read 2 weeks ago...Have no idea how that will turn out..We already have a commitment from the #9 prospect, Destanni Henderson...Competition for the best is always fierce...It's going to be an interesting summer for WBB recruiting...Nalyssa says she will announce her choice on August 28th...

Reactions: gamecockblack
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT