ADVERTISEMENT

Napier or Beamer?

Napier or Beamer as next HC at University of South Carolina

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DeBoer31

Gold Member
Jun 19, 2015
There is no third option right now. If it's down to these two....and you have to choose - which one would it be?

Most people will stay silent so they can complain later and claim to have said that they wanted us to hire someone else.

Reactions: DeBoer31
Beamer wants to be here and build something--

Napier wants to show he can be a big time college coach --

Both can be successful --

Reactions: Silver_Coconut
There is no third option right now. If it's down to these two....and you have to choose - which one would it be?
You should also ask each poster how they invest. This comes down to risk tolerance for me. I see Napier as a safer choice who likely brings good returns over time. I see Beamer as a potential homerun, but he may also be a disaster.

I like both of them honestly, but I've always liked to roll the dice so I'll go with Beamer. The unknown is a little more exciting for me too.

I chose Napier.

I'm not quite as down on Beamer as some are - more "wait and see." I totally get the concern with his lack of coordinator experience and that his name hasn't come up for many previous jobs. However, if people close to the program believe that he might have a chance at recapturing some of the Spurrier era momentum and in-state recruiting, that does sound tempting.

Tanner will choose Beamer because former players like him. Tanner also loves the fact that Beamer has never lost a game as a head coach. What could go wrong?

Players who personally know Beamer and like him prefer him. That is usually the case. But, anyone who wants the best for the Carolina football program and CHOOSES Beamer over (almost any other qualified candidate)...I have to question.

One really BIG difference. One's been a successful HC and one hasn't. Not saying Beamer can't be successful but facts are he has no body of work in that area. Napier has completed that very important step. He checks all the boxes.

Fuente checked all the boxes 5 years ago.

So far, only 4 of the above posts answer the question. It's Napier 3:1 right now. The rest are just waiting to complain about whomever it is.

both.png

Fuente checked all the boxes 5 years ago.
No he didn't.
Also...he isn't a candidate for the Carolina football job right now.
We have one totally unqualified guy (Beamer)
and everyone else that has laid their stuff on the line to earn the right to that interview not being a token interview.
I'm just going to drink Jack Daniels now. Uncle.

So far, only 4 of the above posts answer the question. It's Napier 3:1 right now. The rest are just waiting to complain about whomever it is.
Everyone that voted answered the question. You can see who voted on which choice by clicking on the numbers. So who are you talking about?

Napier. And it's not even close. I think many on the Shane Train are forgetting that his name wasn't even a whisper in the wind until his self-serving tweet a few weeks back. It wasn't until then that anyone started seriously talking about him as a candidate.

Napier. And it's not even close. I think many on the Shane Train are forgetting that his name wasn't even a whisper in the wind until his self-serving tweet a few weeks back. It wasn't until then that anyone started seriously talking about him as a candidate.
Yep. He was on no one's radar when this search began for good reason.

Reactions: Legendary Cock
I’m not familiar with the tweet in reference, so forgive me, but you’re telling me one tweet (not 20 years of coaching) allowed him to become a candidate?

I’m not familiar with the tweet in reference, so forgive me, but you’re telling me one tweet (not 20 years of coaching) allowed him to become a candidate?
That and his "grass roots" campaign with the former players he's still buddies with tweeting how much they want him to have the job. Outside of that, before several weeks ago, I doubt you can find anything that realistically had him as a legitimate candidate.

Reactions: rogue cock
That and his "grass roots" campaign with the former players he's still buddies with tweeting how much they want him to have the job. Outside of that, before several weeks ago, I doubt you can find anything that realistically had him as a legitimate candidate.
I think former players (most successful in program history) supporting the potential new coach is great to see. However, that is not all the reason you need to hire someone and I doubt that is how Ray, Bob and the power brokers are moving toward this decision. The new coach will not be hired out of desperation nor lack of money nor any of the other reasons you can think up (a tweet for instance). It will be because he was deemed the best fit to move this program forward. It’s really that simple.

I think former players (most successful in program history) supporting the potential new coach is great to see. However, that is not all the reason you need to hire someone and I doubt that is how Ray, Bob and the power brokers are moving toward this decision. The new coach will not be hired out of desperation nor lack of money nor any of the other reasons you can think up (a tweet for instance). It will be because he was deemed the best fit to move this program forward. It’s really that simple.
Like I said, NO ONE was talking about him before that.

But I hope you're right. Because if you are, we'll have new HC Billy Napier next Monday.

Reactions: rogue cock
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT